Should I be concerned?

Guest Paranoid Singh

Guest Paranoid Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sath Sangath jiyo let me first off start by saying that I am not a gursikh. Recently I decided to start doing paath after thinking about everything that Waheguru has done for me. Anyways before doing any paath I talked to my mom. My mom is not a gursikh either but she believes in Rada Suami Ji abd she told me she isn't amritdhari because she received something from rada suami ji that is very similar to amrit and she follows the same rules as amritdhari sikhs. Anyways when I talked to my mom she told me that every paath has a certain time that it should be done. For example rehras sahib in the evening and japji sahib in the morning. I decided to some research of my own on the internet and I got the same answer. I saw a post by someone that said any paath can be done at anytime as well. My mom also said if someone does not have time to japji sahib in the morning for example they can do it later on in the day. Anyways the last few days I have been doing japji sahib before I do rehras sahib in the evening. Today I decided to go back tot he forum I originally visited and I read through the comments by other people and I saw a comment that said not to do paath at any other time than said to. So today I decided not to do japji sahib but I did do rehras sahib along with chaupai sahib as I have been doing and some kirtan. My question is should I be worried about not doing japji sahib today? Sorry for the long backstory but thank you in advance for your time to answer my question.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna. 

First of all, it's nice that you're starting to do Nitnem. Hope it bears fruit.

1 hour ago, Guest Paranoid Singh said:

My question is should I be worried about not doing japji sahib today?

I have a feeling that no matter what I were to say, somebody would slam me. If I said, just do your Japji Sahib in the evening if you missed it in the morning, someone will loudly insist that you can never do Japji in the evening. And the same for the opposite.

So I'll say the only unassailable thing, which is: wake up early so you can do your Japji Sahib in the morning, like everyone knows it's supposed to be done. A fully grown adult can usually get by on 6 hours of sleep, but let's say you need 8 hours, same as a teenager: If you sleep at 9, you should be able to wake up at 5am. Even better go to sleep at 8:30 and wake up at 4:30.

If you wake up at 5 o'clock, you should certainly be able to sit for 10-15 min to do Japji Sahib, right?

Guest Jacfsing2
8 hours ago, Guest Paranoid Singh said:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sath Sangath jiyo let me first off start by saying that I am not a gursikh. Recently I decided to start doing paath after thinking about everything that Waheguru has done for me. Anyways before doing any paath I talked to my mom. My mom is not a gursikh either but she believes in Rada Suami Ji abd she told me she isn't amritdhari because she received something from rada suami ji that is very similar to amrit and she follows the same rules as amritdhari sikhs. Anyways when I talked to my mom she told me that every paath has a certain time that it should be done. For example rehras sahib in the evening and japji sahib in the morning. I decided to some research of my own on the internet and I got the same answer. I saw a post by someone that said any paath can be done at anytime as well. My mom also said if someone does not have time to japji sahib in the morning for example they can do it later on in the day. Anyways the last few days I have been doing japji sahib before I do rehras sahib in the evening. Today I decided to go back tot he forum I originally visited and I read through the comments by other people and I saw a comment that said not to do paath at any other time than said to. So today I decided not to do japji sahib but I did do rehras sahib along with chaupai sahib as I have been doing and some kirtan. My question is should I be worried about not doing japji sahib today? Sorry for the long backstory but thank you in advance for your time to answer my question.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna. 

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! It is true that there are proper times for doing Paht; however, if you must do Japji in the evening you should because something is better than nothing. You should do Japji even if you have to do it in the evening, because at least it becomes a part of a daily routine.

Guest London jwaan

Sensible advice. However, I would wait for the armchair warrior *edited* contingent of this forum, so will no doubt be ready to wave their *Edited*

In advance, ignore these *Edited* who have small brains and loud mouths because of the Anonymity that the internet offers. The same people that would involuntarily *Edited* if they were to debate their *Edited* in real life.

27 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh ji

The morning Sri Gurbani Sahib jis should be done during amritvela, but it is okay to do them right after you wake up if you have a majburi. People do Sri Japji Sahib ji even when they feel stressed or sad regardless of what time it is, you can do it before Sri Rehras Sahib ji, but the preferred time is amritvela. I have heard from others on this forum that certain Sri Dasam Granth Gurbani Sahib jis need to be done in the morning and not after sunset, but other than that I think it`s okay to read any Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Gurbani Sahib jis at any time.

Yeah. It is reported that Sant ji used to do numerous Japji Sahibs throughout the day while working his farm. Many pregnant women do multiple Japji Sahibs during the day to give spiritual succor to their babies.

Of course, you should always do your first Japji Sahib in the early morning, in accordance with maryada. 

Guest Jacfsing2
34 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh ji

The morning Sri Gurbani Sahib jis should be done during amritvela, but it is okay to do them right after you wake up if you have a majburi. People do Sri Japji Sahib ji even when they feel stressed or sad regardless of what time it is, you can do it before Sri Rehras Sahib ji, but the preferred time is amritvela. I have heard from others on this forum that certain Sri Dasam Granth Gurbani Sahib jis need to be done in the morning and not after sunset, but other than that I think it`s okay to read any Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Gurbani Sahib jis at any time.

Only Chandi Di Vaar has a debatable strict-time out of Dasam Granth bani, (I say debatable only because it's not universally accepted).