Has anyone here read the Quran

Kira

12 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

When did I pretend to feel offended? 

I think you're talking to the wrong person. I grew up in East London during an intense period of accepted racism where open abuse and violent race attacks were the norm. I also routinely work on building sites (when working with office w**kers just gets too much and you need to be around more down to earth people). This environment is also very 'racist' compared to most (although a helluva lot better than it used to be!)

Just so you all know, I have thick skin as a consequence. I could not give an inch of a toss about some 'abusive' words. Water off a duck's ar5e - as they say. Now if someone starts putting hands on people - that's a different matter. 

When you spend a lot of time around the culprits, and understand their mentality/IQ - you get to understand that their intellectual limitations pretty much prevent them from acting any different to how they do. They only curtail themselves when threatened physically or with job loss. Other than that - they is what they is. It's a sort of lack of a particular type of mental development. These guys remind me of certain, sniggering idiots I used to go school with. 

Raghead is like our equivalent of 'niggah' for blacks. Own it! Plus you're a girl, and that means you live in parallel universe to blokes - so I don't think you'll ever get it.  

I wear a dastar and took beats for it from a young age from both sexes so nah that don't fly I am tired of being pigeon holed by untold Cr4p of an ideology alien to me  and being punished for it . Let them get their beats for a change , ain't nobody got time for sucking up and making sure they are OK ...1.7 billion I'm sure they can handle it  . 

24 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

it's amazing what you lingo you pick up down the East end , best is when you hear your Mum giving it back fullblast to filltee mouth jamiki kids in their patois (of course she'll come and ask what it means first hehe)

I'll never forget the day my dad called me a bumberclart when i came home from primary school back in the day. Then he immediately asked me what it meant, lol. He'd have these brief slivers of fun once or twice a year for a couple of minutes, then it was back to the severe routine, lol.

4 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I thought we as sikhs , our history is evident of fact that Islam always thrived on forcible conversion.

People might not have converted voluntarily but at the tip of sword or by softer coercions like "money", "protection", being tax-free etc 

Right. When you're living in an Islamic State (Islamic Raj), everything is at the mercy of the state, so you can't really say people are converting voluntarily, because Muslims abused the power of the state to coerce non-Muslims, so you can't call it "non-violent conversions". It's like either your daughter will be raped and dishonored, and your house will be looted, or you can "voluntarily" accept Islam, and we'll find a husband for your daughter, and you can continue living in your house. What a choice.

5 hours ago, Kira said:

I;me atpted to order the Qurathen from India in Gurmukhi script with proper meanings too lol, but im pretty sure my family there might start telling my parents I'm turning into a muslim. 

I would ask my muslim classmates but In all honesty I want more neutral opinions of it, not ones forged in the depths of childhood brainwashing lol.

If I were you I would read the bible first. Stories from It make the 

This thread is a prime example of why i believe Sikhs are, broadly, decent people at heart. For a base group of people this thread would've signalled a green light to express some pretty offensive opinions on the founder of Islam - something which I've observed Muslims partake in when it comes to a casual discussion of our Guru Sahibs - but nobody to my knowledge has relished the opportunity to lay into their big guy. Yes, we question their beliefs and certain aspects of their writings, but not in a way that you'll see in the comments section of a YouTube anti-islam video or on various discussion sites.

Just now, simran345 said:

I used to read it too when I was a kid, but don't remember anything. Also used to sing hymns at school, but I never knew the words, so used to pretend I was singing by miming to them. 

I actually enjoyed quite a bit of it, the stories anyways. Jesus seemed like a really amazing person, Joan of Arc was an interesting read (historically as she was able to hear the voices of the angels).