Kira

Has anyone here read the Quran

Guest Pray for London

The attackers read the Quran before their attacks in Manchester + London

• Like 1

lol I dunno how I will find time to check out Quran, when I am stills struggling for time to read all of gurbani including Guru Gobind Singh de bani?

Guest noya
On 4/23/2017 at 8:42 PM, Kira said:

As the title goes has anyone actually read the Quran here? I've seen quite alot of people debating about various quotes from it but all of them seem to be from rather biased websites, its interesting how so many people just throw these quotes out but im genuinely curious if anyone has read any portion of it or even any of the Hadiths.

Kira, I have read Quran atleast 3 times from start to end. You can ask all your question and I answer you without biass.

طراحی سایت

On 21/07/2017 at 3:36 PM, Guest noya said:

Kira, I have read Quran atleast 3 times from start to end. You can ask all your question and I answer you without biass.

طراحی سایت

Fam im looking to read it myself. I hope you don't take offence but its better if I go right to the source, I'll consult my muslim friends too about arabic if I need to.

8 hours ago, Kira said:

Fam im looking to read it myself. I hope you don't take offence but its better if I go right to the source, I'll consult my muslim friends too about arabic if I need to.

wouldn't it be wiser to consult sikh vidvans in arabic and farsi as they will not have an ulterior motive to hide worse aspects of the quran ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

wouldn't it be wiser to consult sikh vidvans in arabic and farsi as they will not have an ulterior motive to hide worse aspects of the quran ?

it would but im fresh out of people who can help me irl. On the interwebs anyone can be anyone so I tend to do this sort of research in person.

Just now, Kira said:

it would but im fresh out of people who can help me irl. On the interwebs anyone can be anyone so I tend to do this sort of research in person.

there is a group of sikhs who ran a farsi course out of SOAS , maybe try them I'll look up in my notes for the email

33 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

there is a group of sikhs who ran a farsi course out of SOAS , maybe try them I'll look up in my notes for the email

that's actually amazing. I wasn't even aware they existed, thank you so much :)

25 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Ok I had a look it was actually T singh from Turiya Charity,

maybe try SOAS to get true independence

https://www.soas.ac.uk/languagecentre/languages/

I'll save it and use it thank you so much penji.

9 minutes ago, Kira said:

that's actually amazing. I wasn't even aware they existed, thank you so much :)

I'll save it and use it thank you so much penji.

if we get a group of us asking for the farsi (gurmat specific)course to be delivered again online format perhaps then they may be persuaded to run it again, I'm on the wait-list already:

Firstly, thank you for your email and taking the time to write to us with interest and passion with regards to the Farsi language course.  Secondly, humblest apologies that we have neglected to reply to you sooner.

The course has been run for the second time now and at the present time, there are no further plans to repeat the course in it's current format.  What we are exploring, however, is to offer some kind of learning opportunity in terms of Farsi language in the future but how that will look exactly is yet to be cemented.  It is time to evolve the course in the interests of "continuos improvement" and to keep on striving for excellence.

Being a small charity, we are also mindful of our resources and the number of projects that we can responsibly undertake at any given point in time.  Currently, we have diverted our resources towards making available ithiaasic texts (translated into English) for purchase via our website.  These include Gur Sobha whereby the translation was sponsored by Turiya.  We have further such projects in the pipeline and it is our wish and aim to provide opportunity for the Panth to take control of their personal learning as Sikhs, rather than relying on unsubstantiated historic accounts from 3rd parties.  We try to run the charity with great efficiency and none of the sevadaars are paid for their time (it is given freely as Dasvandh) and we endeavour to keep costs down to minimum.  All sales proceeds from our online store are wholly diverted towards our current translation projects.

We have recorded your contact details so that if and when we are ready to revisit the delivery of a Farsi language course, we can engage with you and other interested parties in order to ensure that you are given first refusal.

Thank you for your understanding and support

Many Guru bless you

T. Singh

Turiya

• Like 1

On 02/09/2017 at 6:55 PM, akaltaksal said:

Very interesting.

Though he seems to think he somehow has the upper hand following a religion that is equally if not more so riddled with holes. 

• Confused 1

On 9/16/2017 at 7:29 AM, S4NGH said:

Very interesting.

Though he seems to think he somehow has the upper hand following a religion that is equally if not more so riddled with holes. 

I thought the exact same thing lol

• Haha 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.