Kira

Has anyone here read the Quran

115 posts in this topic

On 24/4/2017 at 8:28 AM, Guest Muhammad said:

I do not believe at all, all that rubbish about kaam,  written in and  supposedly said by Allah. This rubbish is the work of the foolish, who maybe under the effects of narcotics had  distorted visions of the divinity.

I am a sikh and not a muslim, but I do not at all believe that which has no sense, and which in order to be highlighted, is said that it was by Allah, shame on all of them.

Allah is also known as Noor, so if Allah is Noor, and the soul is a ray of that Noor, where does all that sex=kaam come in between?  Kaam, krodh, koor,... is the product of mind, not of Allah. This stupidty, is the work Shaitaan, not Allah.

it is a pity, how the blind fanatics are distorting with their thin mind, the reality and divinity of Allah, thus not leading the souls to Allah, but deep into the hail.

Then too, while comiting crimes and atrocities, they pridely say Allah hu Akbar. Allah is great, there is no doubt about it, but why to pronounce it and commit sins?

Allah is not realized by just saying Allah hu Akbar. Allah as any divinity, is realized, by virtues of purity and humilty, and deep love for It.

If Allah created muslims and is for muslims, then who created the other beings?

If there are any other gods than Allah, why does he not fight them and win over them?

Why does he need the foolish to fight and convert others to islam?

Is he so weak, that he needs the aid of mere stupid humans for his purpose and engage them in heavy "paaps"?

Just sickening all this nonsense, and how the fanatics manipulate the teachings and limit the divinty to their polluted minds, and make the divinty as a part and parcel of their madness....

The world rejects not muslims nor islam, but the foolishness they use  to cover themselves to commit atrocities and crimes and against humanity....

I do not know much about islams nor muslims, but,Sikhee, has made me a balanced human being, and sharpened my sense of discrimination between what is right or wrong... this is the greatness of Guru Jee and Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

4 people like this

On 4/23/2017 at 6:07 PM, MisterrSingh said:

This thread is a prime example of why i believe Sikhs are, broadly, decent people at heart. For a base group of people this thread would've signalled a green light to express some pretty offensive opinions on the founder of Islam - something which I've observed Muslims partake in when it comes to a casual discussion of our Guru Sahibs - but nobody to my knowledge has relished the opportunity to lay into their big guy. Yes, we question their beliefs and certain aspects of their writings, but not in a way that you'll see in the comments section of a YouTube anti-islam video or on various discussion sites.

The Anti-Islam groups are probably more rational in that aspect than we are, our people have become too soft, that the idea of Sikhs being the best isn't being what Gurdwaras bring-up anymore. We have also lost the ideas of exposing,(as in revealing), our faith to the potential of truth, and to expose everything elae to the potential of falsehood. You can read the entire Quran and not feel spiritual at all, while reading even one line from even Bhai Gurdas Vaaran, will give you more spiritual knowledge than the entire Qur'an, (not even Guru Sahib, Sarbloh Granth, or Dasam Granth, even though they are greater). If someone wants to read some good fantasy a good source of fictional entertainment, than I'd recommend the Qur'an and other religions books, because what I've learned about other religions books is it's all Sakhis and no heart. (Some of their works are so legendary that even the most popular books do not compare, and some of their stories are so influential that people actually live out the fantasies involved in the religion).

On 30/04/2017 at 2:52 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

The Anti-Islam groups are probably more rational in that aspect than we are, our people have become too soft, that the idea of Sikhs being the best isn't being what Gurdwaras bring-up anymore. We have also lost the ideas of exposing,(as in revealing), our faith to the potential of truth, and to expose everything elae to the potential of falsehood. You can read the entire Quran and not feel spiritual at all, while reading even one line from even Bhai Gurdas Vaaran, will give you more spiritual knowledge than the entire Qur'an, (not even Guru Sahib, Sarbloh Granth, or Dasam Granth, even though they are greater). If someone wants to read some good fantasy a good source of fictional entertainment, than I'd recommend the Qur'an and other religions books, because what I've learned about other religions books is it's all Sakhis and no heart. (Some of their works are so legendary that even the most popular books do not compare, and some of their stories are so influential that people actually live out the fantasies involved in the religion).

This is reason for downfall of sikhi politically speaking. We don't preach enough.

We like to pretend we don't believe in conversion but its actually we should be ashamed of . We should be ashamed that we don't try converting other people to sikhism. We need to convert more , more , more and breed more and more . 

Remember, power is in numbers too . Every sikh should have AT LEAST 3 kids if we want an increase in population.

1 kid means steady decline of population, 2 kids mean we're just floating. 3 means we're growing

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi
1 person likes this

On 4/24/2017 at 8:28 AM, Guest Muhammad said:

That's the best proof we should all be Kaffirs rather than believers in Muhammad 

2 people like this

On 24/04/2017 at 8:28 AM, Guest Muhammad said:

How can Muhammad be allowed *MORE* than 4 wives as well as unlimited sexual slavegirls but in comparison ordinary Muslim men have to make do with *ONLY* 4 wives and unlimited sexual slavegirls?

3 people like this

The attackers read the Quran before their attacks in Manchester + London

1 person likes this

lol I dunno how I will find time to check out Quran, when I am stills struggling for time to read all of gurbani including Guru Gobind Singh de bani?

On 4/23/2017 at 8:42 PM, Kira said:

As the title goes has anyone actually read the Quran here? I've seen quite alot of people debating about various quotes from it but all of them seem to be from rather biased websites, its interesting how so many people just throw these quotes out but im genuinely curious if anyone has read any portion of it or even any of the Hadiths.

Kira, I have read Quran atleast 3 times from start to end. You can ask all your question and I answer you without biass.

طراحی سایت

On 21/07/2017 at 3:36 PM, Guest noya said:

Kira, I have read Quran atleast 3 times from start to end. You can ask all your question and I answer you without biass.

طراحی سایت

Fam im looking to read it myself. I hope you don't take offence but its better if I go right to the source, I'll consult my muslim friends too about arabic if I need to.

8 hours ago, Kira said:

Fam im looking to read it myself. I hope you don't take offence but its better if I go right to the source, I'll consult my muslim friends too about arabic if I need to.

wouldn't it be wiser to consult sikh vidvans in arabic and farsi as they will not have an ulterior motive to hide worse aspects of the quran ?

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

wouldn't it be wiser to consult sikh vidvans in arabic and farsi as they will not have an ulterior motive to hide worse aspects of the quran ?

it would but im fresh out of people who can help me irl. On the interwebs anyone can be anyone so I tend to do this sort of research in person.

Just now, Kira said:

it would but im fresh out of people who can help me irl. On the interwebs anyone can be anyone so I tend to do this sort of research in person.

there is a group of sikhs who ran a farsi course out of SOAS , maybe try them I'll look up in my notes for the email

33 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

there is a group of sikhs who ran a farsi course out of SOAS , maybe try them I'll look up in my notes for the email

that's actually amazing. I wasn't even aware they existed, thank you so much :)

25 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Ok I had a look it was actually T singh from Turiya Charity,

maybe try SOAS to get true independence

https://www.soas.ac.uk/languagecentre/languages/

I'll save it and use it thank you so much penji.

9 minutes ago, Kira said:

that's actually amazing. I wasn't even aware they existed, thank you so much :)

I'll save it and use it thank you so much penji.

if we get a group of us asking for the farsi (gurmat specific)course to be delivered again online format perhaps then they may be persuaded to run it again, I'm on the wait-list already:

Firstly, thank you for your email and taking the time to write to us with interest and passion with regards to the Farsi language course.  Secondly, humblest apologies that we have neglected to reply to you sooner.

The course has been run for the second time now and at the present time, there are no further plans to repeat the course in it's current format.  What we are exploring, however, is to offer some kind of learning opportunity in terms of Farsi language in the future but how that will look exactly is yet to be cemented.  It is time to evolve the course in the interests of "continuos improvement" and to keep on striving for excellence.

Being a small charity, we are also mindful of our resources and the number of projects that we can responsibly undertake at any given point in time.  Currently, we have diverted our resources towards making available ithiaasic texts (translated into English) for purchase via our website.  These include Gur Sobha whereby the translation was sponsored by Turiya.  We have further such projects in the pipeline and it is our wish and aim to provide opportunity for the Panth to take control of their personal learning as Sikhs, rather than relying on unsubstantiated historic accounts from 3rd parties.  We try to run the charity with great efficiency and none of the sevadaars are paid for their time (it is given freely as Dasvandh) and we endeavour to keep costs down to minimum.  All sales proceeds from our online store are wholly diverted towards our current translation projects.

We have recorded your contact details so that if and when we are ready to revisit the delivery of a Farsi language course, we can engage with you and other interested parties in order to ensure that you are given first refusal.

Thank you for your understanding and support

Many Guru bless you

T. Singh

Turiya

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• Blase means to be indifferent or unconcerned. However, you perceive my writing on Dasam Bani being reintroduced to be both nonchalant (why don't we bring in another French word) but also emotional and angry at the same time. That kind of makes for an oxymoron; contradictory terms.  When attempting to have any genuine and fruitful discussion I have experienced it is helpful to not speculate or make conjecture about the viewpoints of another. If curious or in doubt, just ask; ask with the innocent interest of a child. Other genuine level-headed people will gladly oblige. Fools like myself may otherwise find injury in your guesswork.   Bringing in Samparda Kathavachaks fixes the symptom not the illness. The root problem that will fester and multiply is unaddressed. Is this a strategy for the long term that will bring unity and togetherness in the Panth? No. I have posted an excerpt of my last post on this topic below for your convenience, often my arguments become TL;DR.     Again, conjecture and scorn for a person you genuinely want to have dialogue with may not be useful. Some may misinterpret your heartfelt intentions.   If I'm not mistaken, it was rescinded after just two years!  Here is the difference: When the Sikhs took the jagir from the Mughals, they took it after deliberation, discussion, and the approval of the Sarbat Khalsa Baba Harnam Singh Dhumma has built no such discussion and consensus building into his strategy, not even with the Sant Samaj. Heaps of them condemn his political choices.  Getting the discourse changed to Gurmat is good. But the underlying problems remain unaddressed; problems that do the most to hold the Panth back as outlined in my above post.  The jagir allowed the Sikhs to consolidate different jathas under the leadership of Kapur Singh into the Dal Khalsa. Factions were brought together.  They used the political calm to develop their autonomous power and establish their sovereignty This was political power and control that they were able to grow for the Panth. The jagir was taken away very quickly, but look at what they accomplished in that time. The Khalsa was brought together in unity to fight for our future prosperity.  I highly doubt the SIkhs who had been hunted down by Zakariya Khan suddenly became enthralled by his friendship. They took the jagir in a collective, panthic decision and likely knew they could be double-crossed. But they mustered their forces and were in a stronger position for when it did happen.  In all the major issues of the Panth that I have outlined in my previous posts, Baba Harnam Singh Dhumma has made little headway in ameliorating them.  No political autonomy is established for the Panth. The Indian government regulated the SGPC, the SGPC in turn is run by Badal and the Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal). There is no autonomy or control of the Panth in its own affairs, we are led by the string where the political elite wish to go.  As I stated previously: Baba Harnam Singh Dhumma's strategy gives the Panth no autonomy, no control, and he has not pushed forward the Panth's interests in any worthwhile long-lasting way.   
    • It is by Kavi Santokh Singh Suraj Parkesh Granth
    • This is exactly the same thing which Muslim Kings and army was saying about Sikhs a few centuries ago. In fact, these Muslim rulers were saying that no Sikh is left, however, Sikhs did become rulers of the land after couple of Genocides. I am not saying it is going to be easy with Hindu India, but you are under estimating Sikhs. 
    • Sakhi from  Subedar Baghel Singh “Jivan Anubhav” his autobiography. He says one day after his simran he sat down to rest. His Astral body (sookham sahreer) separated from his body went through the roof at a very high speed. His Astal body left the earth behind and ended up in a place where there were various Sant mandalis. He was surprised to see himself in two separate place but mere thought of his body brought him back inside his body. Similar stories can also be found in pachmi parkash jeeven sant Karam Singh Hotimardan and Se Kinehya Jeeveni Sant Harnam Singh Rampurkhera.