Has anyone here read the Quran

Kira

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
Just now, jkvlondon said:

Arab and hindu ones open to the side but our ones open centrally (or the rules they are meant to) Arab ones are without Kalian 

Arab chole don't open anywhere. BTW its called jubbah or thobe. They wear it during friday prayers here. Its closed from all side as split might allow indecent exposure which islam rebukes i think 

14 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

In recent times my mind constantly returns to one question regarding Islam and our Guru Sahibs: if the Qur'an and its teachings are as their scriptures show them to be, why were our Guru Sahibs not unequivocal in their condemnation of the religion, its Prophet, and its teachings? How can the authors of our Bani possibly be so forgiving of the content of the Qur'an? I don't get it at all.

Because its not so black and white. Most muslims were sufi in India and that is a beautiful religion full of ppl trying to connect to God. On the other hand, the Gurus spend a considerable amount of their time fighting religious fanatics like Aurangzeb. Yet were friends with Akbar. In fact Aurangzeb had a really popular sufi saint Sarmad killed for not following sharia properly. The gurus were friends with prominent sufis like Mian Mir and Pir Budha Shah. 

Its not right to think of islam as evil as it is popular now to do on the internet. But we must realize islam does have a tendancy to turn those in power against nonmuslims. So we shouldnt trust muslims esp those in power.So as always, balance.is the key. Also why would the Gurus denounce a religion that would turn into the 2nd largest in the world? Did he want to lock his Sikhs into an eternal theological battle against islam? Its much better that we are neutral and will fight zulam n pakhand (cruelty n hypocrisy) from watever source it comes. And we can simultaneously denounce the West and Islam and Hindutva. It better that we dont have 1 known evil to pinpoint the worlds problems on.

And the Gurus were onto something bigger than we can imagine. When muslims used to say that Mohammed is the seal and no prophets came after him, i used to wonder why didnt the Gurus mention Muhammad in sggs, that would give them more validity and support amongest muslims. But now that Ive learned about some of the questionable acts Muhammad did, Im glad his name doesnt grace the SGGS. On the other hand, some ex-sikh who is an athiest is questioning why the Gurus mentioned muslims in Sggs and why did guruji say that shabad about be a good muslim, savor the religion of the prophet'

He says this is praising mujammed when in fact Guru Arjan Dev ji refused to.include any praise of Muhammed in gurbani and that was one reason Jahangir had them shaheed.  

He expected guruji to at the very least ignore the muslims and not give them any guidance because of their religion and at the most denounce and convert them, i suppose

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
7 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

And both are similar to the robes of a handful of other communities of millions in that part of the world. What's your point?

My point is kurta we wear probably came from arabic thobes (robes). You can look at the similarity .

The way its sewn (esp at the armpit ) in case of our granthis  is also similar to how arabs sew it ! 

I am just saying Indians probably didn't have kurtas and pajamas either. Arabs brought it . Before that indians only wore wrapped clothes like saree, dhoti , lungi etc lol

We owe our kurtey to arabs really . 

2 hours ago, Kira said:

I;m tempted to order the Quran from India in Gurmukhi script with proper meanings too lol, but im pretty sure my family there might start telling my parents I'm turning into a muslim. 

I would ask my muslim classmates but In all honesty I want more neutral opinions of it, not ones forged in the depths of childhood brainwashing lol.

Go ahead! You can explain to your family, part of the Sikh Rehat is to study all books of other faiths. I feel fortunate now as my local Gurdwara has a library, where Quran in Gurmukhi, Bible and Bhagvat Gita are available to take and read.  

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

I am surprised we're more interested in reading foreign scriptures like torah and quran, but not indian ones like Upanishads , which are actually quite deep and beautiful in philosophy 

10 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I knew that actually lol . It came in punjabi from arabic.

Other interesting word "nehar" (river) is actually from hebrew ! Nehar in hebrew means river. It probably came via arabic and persian into punjabi

If you knew that then why say what you said earlier?

Are you looking to be centre of attention at any cost like a proper gayboy or something? 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
Just now, dallysingh101 said:

If you knew that then why say what you said earlier?

Are you looking to be centre of attention at any cost like a proper gayboy or something? 

waheguru ! no personal attacks please. Also why are you going on my orientation . :/ 

It was misplaced earlier. what would i do by getting attention from this forum. Attention is of no use to me here 

1 minute ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

waheguru ! no personal attacks please. Also why are you going on my orientation . :/ 

It was misplaced earlier. what would i do by getting attention from this forum. Attention is of no use to me here 

I know gay people. They're naturally attention seeking.....

Just behave yourself here mate. 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
Just now, dallysingh101 said:

I know gay people. They're naturally attention seeking.....

Just behave yourself here mate. 

How would you feel if someone called you a RAGHEAD ? sure , stereotyping is bad .isn't it ??

30 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I'll have to read up on all this. I know that Mohammed's assassin was apparently a Jewish woman whose family he'd previously slain, so unless Jews had their hands in creating a version of the Qur'an, I'm getting confused.

Look into youtube videos of Tarek Fatah. He talks about the murderers of muhammeds family alot and uses it as a way to reform islam. So as far as I understand, after muhammeds death, there was a control struggle. Ppl who hated muhammed won and they forced muhammeds family to exile and killed them that is when the battle of karbala takes place. And them these ppl went on to revise the quran n make it fit their rule and narrative. U should check out Tarek Fatah, hes a cool panjabi dude.