Sikh ideas vs mercenaries

Guest Singh1999

Guest Singh1999

Does the sikh panth or any of the guruscondem the use of mercenaries in the khalsa army, or did they say that my sikh shoulf never be a mercenary. I know guru sahibs have had many conflicts with mercenary forces and that guru gobind singh attemptwd assassination happened by mercenaries. But is there anything wrong for a sikh to become a mercenary

10 hours ago, Guest Singh1999 said:

Does the sikh panth or any of the guruscondem the use of mercenaries in the khalsa army, or did they say that my sikh shoulf never be a mercenary. I know guru sahibs have had many conflicts with mercenary forces and that guru gobind singh attemptwd assassination happened by mercenaries. But is there anything wrong for a sikh to become a mercenary

From what I know its fine for Sikhs to act as bodyguards as long as it doesn't violate their rehit. That being said becoming the bodyguard of some Drug Lord or dictator isn't something any sikh should be doing.

17 hours ago, Kira said:

From what I know its fine for Sikhs to act as bodyguards as long as it doesn't violate their rehit. That being said becoming the bodyguard of some Drug Lord or dictator isn't something any sikh should be doing.

Yeah, God knows what racist, freemason, imperialist ar5eholes our lot were protecting during colonialism. Hell, some of our lot even helped goray force opium onto an unwilling China in the opium wars. 

Guru Gobind singh ji had mercenaries fighting in their battles. The Brars. And most of them abandoned Guruji.

I think its ok to have mercenaries in khalsa army as long as we dont trust them too much. They fighting for money, if going gets tough, they will leave u. And they can be bribed.

The sikh panth or khalsa should never be a mercenary for anyone. That is why we r called Akal ki fauj. Gods army. It would be wrong for such a fauj to work for any other authority or government. We can form alliances tho.

However if a sikh, singly can be a mercenary, i think so. Its like any other job. U r paid to fight. But remember dharam di kirat. Like sikhs arent supposed to sell drugs n alcohol because this damages society. I think a sikh cant fight for wrong wars. Its not dharmic. 

And sikhs,thousands of them, did fight in the brirish wars. I dont know what to say. The world wars i think were not unethical. It was just two powers aimlessly fighting. But the opium wars and wars were unethical.

According to a book called Bhai Tega Singh, sikh soldiers had little option. After sikh army lost anglo- sikh wars, sikhs were stripped of their weapons even kirpans. Only way to avoid this was to become an outlaw, daku, and many did. Thats why a bunch of daku movies prevalent, it speaks of those times. And a daku lifestyle wasnt much ethical, u had to steal n rob ur own ppl to survive.

The other sikh soldiers had no other occupation. So they could go home and find an occupation or join the british army. And many joined the british. And i guess thats when the british started their campaign to change sikh history to make sikhs join them and to stay loyal once they did.

18 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Guru Gobind singh ji had mercenaries fighting in their battles. The Brars. And most of them abandoned Guruji.

I think its ok to have mercenaries in khalsa army as long as we dont trust them too much. They fighting for money, if going gets tough, they will leave u. And they can be bribed.

The sikh panth or khalsa should never be a mercenary for anyone. That is why we r called Akal ki fauj. Gods army. It would be wrong for such a fauj to work for any other authority or government. We can form alliances tho.

However if a sikh, singly can be a mercenary, i think so. Its like any other job. U r paid to fight. But remember dharam di kirat. Like sikhs arent supposed to sell drugs n alcohol because this damages society. I think a sikh cant fight for wrong wars. Its not dharmic. 

And sikhs,thousands of them, did fight in the brirish wars. I dont know what to say. The world wars i think were not unethical. It was just two powers aimlessly fighting. But the opium wars and wars were unethical.

According to a book called Bhai Tega Singh, sikh soldiers had little option. After sikh army lost anglo- sikh wars, sikhs were stripped of their weapons even kirpans. Only way to avoid this was to become an outlaw, daku, and many did. Thats why a bunch of daku movies prevalent, it speaks of those times. And a daku lifestyle wasnt much ethical, u had to steal n rob ur own ppl to survive.

The other sikh soldiers had no other occupation. So they could go home and find an occupation or join the british army. And many joined the british. And i guess thats when the british started their campaign to change sikh history to make sikhs join them and to stay loyal once they did.

Those same brars are Genereal Brars ancestors but the ones that stayed true to Guru ji are the branch that Sant ji came from.Sikhs have to follow their Gurmat ethics otherwise they just end up harming themselves and others and gaining so much bad karma

On 4/23/2017 at 8:58 PM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

It's a lot more insidious than this though isn't it. Sikhs (especially a particular caste) essentially allowed goray to create their own version of Amrit Sanchar where the ultimate vow of loyalty wasn't to our Gurus or any Sikh agenda - but the king/queen of Ingland. 

This has dumb, greedy farmer written all over it.

13 hours ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh ji

For someone(you) against caste, it`s surprising that you refer to a group of people by their castes. If caste isn`t a thing, and everyone is to be thought of individually, then why refer to a bunch of people by their caste if you do not believe in the caste system? If you are against caste, then don`t refer to people by their caste..

I'm not dumb. I can read history and see what has happened to our people and see the mechanism used to infiltrate and use our people. And it is plainly - Anglos got lumpen sections of the Jut community to do their bidding. Not all Juts did this and some fought bravely against them post-annexation. But the sad fact is that the majority of Juts chose to be co-opted to the Anglo agenda and took on many ideas about racial superiority from them (which btw, I believe was a tool used by them to manipulate natural conceit on part of the juts and make them servile and compliant) - this explains a lot about Juts and why they behave like they do. 

It's that old chestnut. Most of the decent, dharmic Juts achieved shaheedi. Most of the ones that  were left were hardcore materialistic. The former type would die for his faith, the latter sees the faith as nothing more than a cash cow to suck the life out of. Hence the accepted king of the Juts today is the man who can do this the best - Parkash Badal or whatever that ugly c**ts name is.