5akaalsingh

Sikhism is no more the fifth-largest religion

9 hours ago, 5akaalsingh said:

Couple of months ago, Wikipedia page for Sikhism was edited. Instead of showing Sikhism as the fifth-largest global religion now it shows it as the ninth-largest religion. The fifth place has been taken by some "Folk religion". Sixth is Taoism, Seventh is some "Shinto" and Eighth "Falun Gong". (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_religious_groups#Medium-sized_religions)

I've always felt Sikhism is about quality over quantity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kcmidlands said:

I've always felt Sikhism is about quality over quantity.

I would say it's both, or a balance between both. For example, the only reason you're able to buy a kirpan is that we have sufficient numbers of people such that we are able to support a kirpan-production industry.

The current trend towards people having 2-bedroom houses, with one for the man and wife, and the other for their one son is demographically dangerous, and basically suicide.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BhForce said:

I sure you must realize I meant sex within the confines of matrimony (Grahist), of course.

course I did lol, it was a joke. haha

Guest Jacfsing2

The current trend towards people having 2-bedroom houses, with one for the man and wife, and the other for their one son is demographically dangerous, and basically suicide.

Honestly don't understand what this means. 

1 hour ago, CHaamCHrick said:

Some people are born in Sikh families but don't consider themselves Sikhs, the numbers keep dwindling...  Some call themselves atheists nowadays!

If you have 10 kids at max one of them will be Atheist, it's only a 10% chance of actual apostasy, and that's if you never mention Sikhi.

5 hours ago, Kira said:

I think you need to read the new testament, Jesus already said that Christians weren't meant to be following that testament, most of it describes the stuff we see in charitropakhyan. In fact, its just another way to describing the horrors of Kalyug from a different perspective. Bhai Gurdas Ji never called Jesus or anything a traitor, they're about as treacherous as we are, they ended up victims of Maya after she enslaved them, but know this they are above us all in terms of Spirituality in this current state of ours (Rama, Jesus etc), if we follow the lines of Gurbani we can surpass them, but till you do be careful about what you say, they may not hold a candle to Sant Harnam Singh Ji but they are spiritually wise as well.  Yes they were imperfect, but calling them those kind of derogatory words will just work against us. 

+1

11 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Heck their Pakhandi Baba named Jesus Ghadar Christ was a

I'm sorry but I will have to second what @MisterrSingh said. 

7 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Every Mahapurukh has said the same thing, the greatest is Guru Sahib!

Yes Guru Sahib is the greatest. And yes, the other religious figures had deficiencies. @MisterrSingh and @Kira both accepted that, so you don't have to say that. What they are saying, however, is to request you not to call other religious names. That's it.

The fact that the Holy Bible is not at the level of Guru Granth Sahib ji has nothing to do with what they (MisterrSingh and Kira) are saying. There is no straight line that leads from Guru Sahib being the greatest to calling others names.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Honestly don't understand what this means. 

I'm simply saying that a great number of Sikhs are choosing to have only one child, a problem that has been highlighted by a number of other posters, including @genie, I believe. The point about the 2-br house is just that people want to spend less money, so they have less children, and then they fritter it away on fancy vacations and whatnot.

This is demographic disaster because a population needs to have a total fertility rate of slightly greater than 2 just to stay at the same level of population.

Having 1 child means decline of population, and, eventually, elimination (group suicide).

• Like 1

Guest Jacfsing2
7 minutes ago, BhForce said:

I'm simply saying that a great number of Sikhs are choosing to have only one child, a problem that has been highlighted by a number of other posters, including @genie, I believe. The point about the 2-br house is just that people want to spend less money, so they have less children, and then they fritter it away on fancy vacations and whatnot.

This is demographic disaster because a population needs to have a total fertility rate of slightly greater than 2 just to stay at the same level of population.

Having 1 child means decline of population, and, eventually, elimination (group suicide).

I think fertility rate is important; however, with the way the majority of our people are going, I think we should focus in reviving our Sikhi among them first. Our people are mentally and spiritually weak from what people were about 50 years ago. Until we restore Sikh principles and limit missionary jatha influence, our reproduction will only make the Anti-Sikh amongst us larger. First we restore our spirits and then can we increase as a population.

7 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Even Randhir Singh said in his book when he saw all those Jamdoots how they fear the power of Guru Sahib and anyone who was Sikh.

It's quite surprising how you would refer to a 20th century Sikh personality that most Sikhs know as "Bhai Randhir Singh" as "Randhir SIngh". If we can't even refer with respect to our own Sikh saints with respect, who will, Muslims?

Near to the end of Gurbani, there's a line that says referring to and addressing saintly Sikhs with respect (by saying "Ji") will earn you freedom from the Messengers of Death:

ਤੁਧੁ ਸਾਲਾਹਨਿ ਤਿਨ ਧਨੁ ਪਲੈ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਾ ਧਨੁ ਸੋਈ ॥

Those who praise You gather the wealth in their laps; this is Nanak's wealth.

ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੩੨੮ ਪੰ. ੭ 

ਜੇ ਕੋ ਜੀਉ ਕਹੈ ਓਨਾ ਕਉ ਜਮ ਕੀ ਤਲਬ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥੪॥੩॥

Whoever shows respect to them is not summoned by the Messenger of Death. ||4||3||

So let us all refer to Mani Singh, Budha, Gurbachan Singh, Sunder Singh, Randhir Singh, Attar Singh, Gurdas, Kabeer, Puran Singh* and so on as Bhai Mani Singh ji Shaheed, Baba Buddha ji, Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh ji, Sant Giani Sunder Singh ji, Bhai Randhir Singh ji, Baba Attar Singh ji, Bhai Gurdas ji, Bhagat Kabir ji, Bhagat Puran Singh ji and so on.

*This is not an ordered list!

• Like 2

Just now, Jacfsing2 said:

Until we restore Sikh principles and limit missionary jatha influence, our reproduction will only make the Anti-Sikh amongst us larger.

OK, I can see that. But note that the people who usually heed the call to increase numbers are the most devout. That's the case in other faiths, too. So, as an amendment to my post above, "Devout Sikhs, make some babies!"

Guest Jacfsing2
2 minutes ago, BhForce said:

It's quite surprising how you would refer to a 20th century Sikh personality that most Sikhs know as "Bhai Randhir Singh" as "Randhir SIngh". If we can't even refer with respect to our own Sikh saints with respect, who will, Muslims?

Near to the end of Gurbani, there's a line that says referring to and addressing saintly Sikhs with respect (by saying "Ji") will earn you freedom from the Messengers of Death:

ਤੁਧੁ ਸਾਲਾਹਨਿ ਤਿਨ ਧਨੁ ਪਲੈ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਾ ਧਨੁ ਸੋਈ ॥

Those who praise You gather the wealth in their laps; this is Nanak's wealth.

ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੩੨੮ ਪੰ. ੭ 

ਜੇ ਕੋ ਜੀਉ ਕਹੈ ਓਨਾ ਕਉ ਜਮ ਕੀ ਤਲਬ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥੪॥੩॥

Whoever shows respect to them is not summoned by the Messenger of Death. ||4||3||

So let us all refer to Mani Singh, Budha, Gurbachan Singh, Sunder Singh, Randhir Singh, Attar Singh, Gurdas, Kabeer, Puran Singh* and so on as Bhai Mani Singh ji Shaheed, Baba Buddha ji, Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh ji, Sant Giani Sunder Singh ji, Bhai Randhir Singh ji, Baba Attar Singh ji, Bhai Gurdas ji, Bhagat Kabir ji, Bhagat Puran Singh ji and so on.

*This is not an ordered list!

O:):waheguru:

regarding Jaamdoots there's an interesting story regarding a Sant (I can't remember his name), Sant Ji was doing Tapisya and eventually reached a state where he could see Jamdhoots, he came across some of them beating a man (well soul), Sant Ji asks him why this was happening. The Jamdoots told him that this person had asked people to touch their feet and revere them as Sants and God. Sant Ji decided from then on that no one would be allowed to touch his feet, it's a really simple way on how you can tell if anyone is a Saintly Person. 

Here's another nice incident from Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji's book.

I had a cousin, named Tek Singh. He delved in evil company and was known for his drinking and evil‐doings. He suffered from tuberculosis in prime of his youth that proved fatal. He suffered greatly while dying. He would stare toward rooftop and give out shrieks in terror. He would point and describe that, "Those terrible yamas are scaring me by baring their teeth, as if they would make a meal out of me. Seeing this, my body shakes uncontrollably and I am scared to death." Those days I was newly initiated. In my spiritual eagerness, I was devoting constantly to Naam‐ recitations and as many recitations of Sukhmani Sahib as I could perform. Naam‐contemplation and patth recitation of Sukhmani Sahib proceeded simultaneously. While thus engaged, my mother informed me of the worsening condition of Tek Singh.

She described that he was wailing a lot and all his body was shaking in fear. She further told me, "It is very strange and he is pointing towards invisible yamas as they terrorize him. She wanted me to go and see him. Following my mother's instructions, I went to see him. No sooner I entered the room, he gave sigh of relief, saying, " Ah! What a relief! Come, sit near me. The scaring yamas have taken to their heels at your arrival. You must not leave, but remain with me." Everybody sitting around us was taken by surprise at his sudden composure from wailing and shaking in terror. This happening reinforced my Faith in Satguru, and I was inwardly praying to Him gratefully in joy. My prayer was, that "O' Lord True! This is a miracle of Gurbani, Sukhmani Sahib, that has brought about sudden change. How else can a lowly person like me be worthy of this?"

My faith in efficacy of Gurbani, and in particular Sri Sukhmani Sahib, increased ten‐fold. I was left in no doubt, that it was patth of Sri Sukhmani Sahib that scared away the yamas. As long as I stayed with him, I kept reciting Sri Sukhmani Sahib. My cousin remained peaceful. He held on to my arm to make sure that I did not leave. In the evening, it was time for me to go back home for closing ceremony of Sri Guru Granth Sahib for the day. So, I had to leave. It was just my stepping out of the room, that my cousin started wailing again. I returned immediately and asked my sister and cousins (sisters of Tek Singh) to recite Sukhmani Sahib patth from the prayer books. When they started recitation,

I left. With this Tek Singh felt lot of relief. I prayed in presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib for his peaceful death, free from terror. After the prayer, I read Divine Commandment from Sri Guru Granth Sahib. As though in answer to my prayer, the Gurbani clearly portrayed his past‐life. I became convinced that his end was near and that there was urgent need to recite Gurbani to him for his peaceful end. This Gurbani recitation was continued near him.

Toward the end, I requested all the gathered relatives to recite five patths each of Jap Ji Sahib. Those who could not recite from memory used the prayer books. As we came to close the fifth recitation of Jap Ji Sahib, he stopped breathing and departed peacefully before our very eyes. With start of the recitation itself, his breathing became normal from hard breathing sound and flow of tears from his eyes stopped. In response to his sisters' query, he confirmed that he saw no more the terrible yamas that had been scaring him. This is my first‐hand witness of events.

None of us could vision the coming or going of yamas nor we had any such desire. Our cherished desire was that the one being terrorized by the yamas should be rid of his agony. That peaceful change we could see was made clear by change of his condition. Moreover, the yamas appear before the dying person only or may be to the persons who delve in specialized knowledge about such spirits. The lesson learnt was that yamas dare not approach the person reciting or listening to Gurbani patth. They just flee away from a distance. Truly words of the Guru are efficacious to cut asunder noose of the yamas.

Edited by Kira
  • Like 1

Some numbers:

For every 1,000 people on the planet:

3 are Sikh ... how can we have an effective Khalsa Fauj globally to protect all innocents with such numbers?

66 are Buddhist

133 are Hindu

199 are Muslim

299 are Christian

300 are Atheists or others

And yet we have many within our Panth who on behalf of Hindutva forces falsely decry keshdhari's and sehajdhari's as non-Sikhs who they would rather were included amongst Hindu population numbers. Hindutva reduced Sikh numbers to 25% of their actual number in the 1951 census by excluding all non-Punjabi sehajdhari's like Kabirpanthi's, Jatav's, Satnami's, Sindhi's, Baazigars, Vanjaare and so on.

Now Hindutva is getting so emboldened that they wish to see Sikhs themselves declare sehajdhari's as non-Sikh so as to reduce the Amritdhari population in Punjab to a mere 3% of the Punjab population who would yield zero political influence as such a small minority in Punjab.

Sikh population is currently around 55% in Punjab and projected to become a minority in Punjab by either the 2021 census or the 2031 census if we don't immediately rally around and unite (regardless of who we are) to tackle female infanticide, drugs, biraderi, cancer, illiteracy and poverty afflicting our Panth as the new age self-orchestrated Genocide. Balmiki and Dera Ballan apartheid mandirs are being funded by Hindutva groups to make Sikhs a minority in Punjab by 2021 while we continue to sit idly by and tolerate matrimonial biraderi apartheid.

Quality is more important than quantity when it comes to the quality of our Khalsa Panth.

However, the wider Sikh Panth needs the highest numbers possible (via our own actions as ordinary Sangat) in order to do greater seva for the poor, the oppressed, the hungry, the suffering and the vulnerable. Without an active global Khalsa Fauj (albeit one that could serve under the auspices of the UN) the Khalsa Panth is unable to fulfill its duties as Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj wanted.

Edited by SinghSabha1699
  • Like 1

I used to be more of the view that quality is more important than quantity.

But nowadays I think it is vital we push the idea that quantity over quality is better, as we have seen what quality we have and it isn't much. If you look at our kaum we don't have many inspirational parchariks or religious leaders any more that inspire the youth want to be real Sikhs. At least with quantity we can do alot with it in the political arena and in the past had we pushed that agenda we would have been better off as a global community a million times over no doubt.

For the time being quality over quantity need to be shoved firmly put down into the box of shame (ie sarbat da balla liberal hippy, leftist marxist cucked and atheist punjabi types.)

Only after we get majority of our kaums head sorted ideologically and then progress can be made in terms of demographics and other dilemma s face us

Edited by genie
  • Like 3