Sikhism is no more the fifth-largest religion

Guest Jacfsing2
12 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

You aren't them. You never will be the way you're going. The greatest Sikh parcharaks, kathavachaks, and scholars I've heard in my life have never flapped their gums about these figures in the manner that you do.  They highlight their deficiencies according to Gurmat. You insult them as if they cut you up in traffic.

I'll say it again: you aren't them. There's nothing Sikh about what you're doing. It's demented childishness. 

+1, I respect a lot of what you say, and you seem like you know much more than I do, though I already admitted that:

47 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I'm a lowly Sikh, (probably one of the worst there is), 

But if Bhai Gurdas said it I'll just repeat what he said, since we are allowed to read those Vaars, (and 100% of it is fact). But being a Sikh does keep me going in life. It gives me the willpower that I wouldn't otherwise have to fight my internal battles. Sometimes being reminded that I am Sikh prevents me from collapsing like I used to when I thought in humanistic thoughts. 

21 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

They highlight their deficiencies according to Gurmat. You insult them as if they cut you up in traffic.

No it's much worse! Whenever I had read that Bible, I received no spiritual benefit and just felt like I read a book about some Israelites constantly getting either bullied by the foreign kings, or how the Isrealites would believe in a rude God, who just tortured innocents. Let me say, if you read the entire Bible in it's entirety and follow every word of it, you'd be a crazy person. If you read Gurbani and you followed that in it's entirety, you'd come to the realization on so many things. I read some Gurbani, and I realize it makes me actually grow as a person. 

Their guy says this:

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ" Bible

Our Guru says this: 

"ਜਾਣਹੁ ਜੋਤਿ ਨ ਪੂਛਹੁ ਜਾਤੀ ਆਗੈ ਜਾਤਿ ਨ ਹੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Jaanahu Joth N Pooshhahu Jaathee Aagai Jaath N Hae ||1|| Rehaao ||

जाणहु जोति न पूछहु जाती आगै जाति न हे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Recognize the Lord's Light within all, and do not consider social class or status; there are no classes or castes in the world hereafter. ||1||Pause||" (Ang 349 Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji)

This is not a comparision, if your words say one thing which isn't pure it's not perfect, it's imperfect. And imperfection is less than what our perfect Guru could even do. In Gurmat circumcision is not right; however, Jesus circumcised himself, it's also a big Paap to show magic and he used magic to gain followers.

29 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

+1, I respect a lot of what you say, and you seem like you know much more than I do, though I already admitted that:

But if Bhai Gurdas said it I'll just repeat what he said, since we are allowed to read those Vaars, (and 100% of it is fact). But being a Sikh does keep me going in life. It gives me the willpower that I wouldn't otherwise have to fight my internal battles. Sometimes being reminded that I am Sikh prevents me from collapsing like I used to when I thought in humanistic thoughts. 

No it's much worse! Whenever I had read that Bible, I received no spiritual benefit and just felt like I read a book about some Israelites constantly getting either bullied by the foreign kings, or how the Isrealites would believe in a rude God, who just tortured innocents. Let me say, if you read the entire Bible in it's entirety and follow every word of it, you'd be a crazy person. If you read Gurbani and you followed that in it's entirety, you'd come to the realization on so many things. I read some Gurbani, and I realize it makes me actually grow as a person. 

Their guy says this:

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ" Bible

Our Guru says this: 

"ਜਾਣਹੁ ਜੋਤਿ ਨ ਪੂਛਹੁ ਜਾਤੀ ਆਗੈ ਜਾਤਿ ਨ ਹੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Jaanahu Joth N Pooshhahu Jaathee Aagai Jaath N Hae ||1|| Rehaao ||

जाणहु जोति न पूछहु जाती आगै जाति न हे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Recognize the Lord's Light within all, and do not consider social class or status; there are no classes or castes in the world hereafter. ||1||Pause||" (Ang 349 Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji)

This is not a comparision, if your words say one thing which isn't pure it's not perfect, it's imperfect. And imperfection is less than what our perfect Guru could even do. In Gurmat circumcision is not right; however, Jesus circumcised himself, it's also a big Paap to show magic and he used magic to gain followers.

I think you need to read the new testament, Jesus already said that Christians weren't meant to be following that testament, most of it describes the stuff we see in charitropakhyan. In fact, its just another way to describing the horrors of Kalyug from a different perspective. Bhai Gurdas Ji never called Jesus or anything a traitor, they're about as treacherous as we are, they ended up victims of Maya after she enslaved them, but know this they are above us all in terms of Spirituality in this current state of ours (Rama, Jesus etc), if we follow the lines of Gurbani we can surpass them, but till you do be careful about what you say, they may not hold a candle to Sant Harnam Singh Ji but they are spiritually wise as well.  Yes they were imperfect, but calling them those kind of derogatory words will just work against us. 

9 hours ago, 5akaalsingh said:

Couple of months ago, Wikipedia page for Sikhism was edited. Instead of showing Sikhism as the fifth-largest global religion now it shows it as the ninth-largest religion. The fifth place has been taken by some "Folk religion". Sixth is Taoism, Seventh is some "Shinto" and Eighth "Falun Gong". (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_religious_groups#Medium-sized_religions)

I've always felt Sikhism is about quality over quantity.

2 hours ago, kcmidlands said:

I've always felt Sikhism is about quality over quantity.

I would say it's both, or a balance between both. For example, the only reason you're able to buy a kirpan is that we have sufficient numbers of people such that we are able to support a kirpan-production industry.

The current trend towards people having 2-bedroom houses, with one for the man and wife, and the other for their one son is demographically dangerous, and basically suicide.

Guest Jacfsing2
2 hours ago, BhForce said:

The current trend towards people having 2-bedroom houses, with one for the man and wife, and the other for their one son is demographically dangerous, and basically suicide.

Honestly don't understand what this means. 

1 hour ago, CHaamCHrick said:

Some people are born in Sikh families but don't consider themselves Sikhs, the numbers keep dwindling...  Some call themselves atheists nowadays!

If you have 10 kids at max one of them will be Atheist, it's only a 10% chance of actual apostasy, and that's if you never mention Sikhi.

5 hours ago, Kira said:

I think you need to read the new testament, Jesus already said that Christians weren't meant to be following that testament, most of it describes the stuff we see in charitropakhyan. In fact, its just another way to describing the horrors of Kalyug from a different perspective. Bhai Gurdas Ji never called Jesus or anything a traitor, they're about as treacherous as we are, they ended up victims of Maya after she enslaved them, but know this they are above us all in terms of Spirituality in this current state of ours (Rama, Jesus etc), if we follow the lines of Gurbani we can surpass them, but till you do be careful about what you say, they may not hold a candle to Sant Harnam Singh Ji but they are spiritually wise as well.  Yes they were imperfect, but calling them those kind of derogatory words will just work against us. 

+1

11 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Heck their Pakhandi Baba named Jesus Ghadar Christ was a

I'm sorry but I will have to second what @MisterrSingh said. 

7 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Every Mahapurukh has said the same thing, the greatest is Guru Sahib!

Yes Guru Sahib is the greatest. And yes, the other religious figures had deficiencies. @MisterrSingh and @Kira both accepted that, so you don't have to say that. What they are saying, however, is to request you not to call other religious names. That's it.

The fact that the Holy Bible is not at the level of Guru Granth Sahib ji has nothing to do with what they (MisterrSingh and Kira) are saying. There is no straight line that leads from Guru Sahib being the greatest to calling others names.