• Topics

• I have had a strong urge to cut my hair and get a cool hairstyle but i fear god's wrath and losing guru's support too  What should i do ? i seriously wanted to experience being a monah once . 
    • The problem with all these Persian words is that makes us Punjabis look like a complete bunch of incompetents.  It means that we could not come up with anything without the Persian introducing it to us.  
    • For OP here are the bani im fond of doing from Dasam Pita's Granth. Chandi Charitar, Chandi Di Vaar, Akaal Ustat Chaupai, Sri Kaal Chaupai, Batichar Natek (portion I love doing is from  ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥ 
       ਤਿਨ ਬੇਦੀਅਨ ਕੀ ਕੁਲ ਬਿਖੈ ਪ੍ਰਗਟੇ ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਇ ॥  ਸਭ ਸਿੱਖਨ ਕੋ ਸੁਖ ਦਏ ਜਹ ਤਹ ਭਏ ਸਹਾਇ ॥੪॥ till about the first battle of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj), I also regularly recite Devi Ji ki ustat from Krishna avatar (the one at the beginning that praises Akaal Purkh's Shakti), Bhagauti Astrot too along with Shabad Hazare P.10, Swayiya Deen Ki. In the process of adding the Manglacharan of Sri Sarbloh Granth into my daily nitnem too so I would recommend trying to recite that too.
    • Guest Kaur 2
      VJKK VJKF Western traditions are getting in the way of potentially amritdhari Sikhs, the way media and bad Sangat brainwashes us into thinking about what really matters in life is working. People nowadays care more about what others think of them and to them as far as religion is concerned, as long as they go to the gurdwara once a month they think that they are a Sikh. We should be able to recognise a Sikh not only by appearance but by actions too. We should try our level-best to educate kids nowadays in order to help them in future. At least if ur parents didn't particularly help us we should help kids nowadays. VJKK VJKF 
    • 1. Read what i wrote, "i'm sorry, but if that happened to anyone, turban or not, we should be protesting.", i'm not alluding to you and whatever stance you have on protesting or not, Them moment you said the word "mona" you made a division, if you had made the same post and not mentioned the fact that he had cut hair no one would be disagreeing with you. Where did you say what happened to him was okay, you didn't and i'm not saying you did, that's your assumption. 2. I stand by what i said, read what i said in context, i said  "largest democracy" in the world",, if you live in the largest democracy in the world would you expect to be taken in broad daylight for criticising the Government or the way they run the country. I'm well aware of the Human Right's violations committed in Punjab and by the police there, everyone know's someone whose suffered, i'm no different, if this proves anything it's that Sikh's need to take a long hard look at what they call their motherland and how much respect we get there.