8 minutes ago, Kira said:

You keep repeating the same thing yet you provide no evidence for anything you say. Right. Continue to flaunt hot air, if Labels were so bad then why does Bhai Gurdas Ji use them, why does Gurbani use them. "systematically undermine it" Don't make me laugh. You tried to assert Farid Ji wasn't a Sikh and that went badly. Now you have evidence that you were talking about the wrong Farid Ji so you decide to just ignore it and say "i can undermine it" 

ok then kiddo.

Guru maneyo Granth 

8 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Please show me where I should look in the source you have provided.. 

you know there is something called an Index? Page 89. The same is mentioned in Bhai Mani Singh Ji's JanamSakhis, so will you now argue that Bhai Mani Singh Ji didn't know what he was talking about?

7 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I didn't say he wasn't a Sikh! I just don't believe in your narrow definition of the term

My definition is the one laid out by Guru Sahib. Cry all you want but you're fallible, Guru Sahib isn't. 

4 minutes ago, Kira said:

you know there is something called an Index? Page 89. The same is mentioned in Bhai Mani Singh Ji's JanamSakhis, so will you now argue that Bhai Mani Singh Ji didn't know what he was talking about?

My definition is the one laid out by Guru Sahib. Cry all you want but you're fallible, Guru Sahib isn't. 

LOL now please just let me remind you of your last few posts.. You first threw into the mix bhai gurdas ji //, then randomly referred to Bilija ji then refer to a document by bhai vir Singh from the 19th century only to go back in time to bhai mani and to boot also throw in for credibility meharban sakhis.. 

Finally you some how say you're definition is laid out by guru sahib.. So let's cut to the chase.. Where does SGGS ji lay it out as you would have me believe? 

15 minutes ago, Kira said:

Were all fallible my friend.. That's the point 

12 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

LOL now please just let me remind you of your last few posts.. You first threw into the mix bhai gurdas ji //, then randomly referred to Bilija ji then refer to a document by bhai vir Singh from the 19th century only to go back in time to bhai mani and to boot also throw in for credibility meharban sakhis.. 

Finally you some how say you're definition is laid out by guru sahib.. So let's cut to the chase.. Where does SGGS ji lay it out as you would have me believe? 

So let me get this straight. You wanted evidence so I gave you it but suddenly its all too much? I've just presented you with evidence from multiple sources, one of whom comes from a Sikh of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. All of whom just said that Farid Ji met Guru Nanak Dev Ji and he ISN'T the same one as the on residing in the 12th Century.  At-least have the balls to admit you were wrong.

eh have you ever bothered reading Anand Sahib? There's an entire pauri there devoted to the topic of listening to the Guru, and the Guru made every sikh drink Amrit. So tell me again how my definition of Sikh is wrong when its the very one that Guru Gobind Singh Ji followed.

This whole "definition of a Sikh" is getting off topic. The point of this thread was to point out Farid Ji was a Sikh. If you wish to discuss this then make a new thread. I have exams so I won't be answering anymore, however the Sangat here share my views so I'm sure they'll answer you just fine.

6 minutes ago, Kira said:

So let me get this straight. You wanted evidence so I gave you it but suddenly its all too much? I've just presented you with evidence from multiple sources, one of whom comes from a Sikh of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. All of whom just said that Farid Ji met Guru Nanak Dev Ji and he ISN'T the same one as the on residing in the 12th Century.  At-least have the balls to admit you were wrong.

eh have you ever bothered reading Anand Sahib? There's an entire pauri there devoted to the topic of listening to the Guru, and the Guru made every sikh drink Amrit. So tell me again how my definition of Sikh is wrong when its the very one that Guru Gobind Singh Ji followed.

This whole "definition of a Sikh" is getting off topic. The point of this thread was to point out Farid Ji was a Sikh. If you wish to discuss this then make a new thread. I have exams so I won't be answering anymore, however the Sangat here share my views so I'm sure they'll answer you just fine.

Bul chuk maaf

• 11 months later...
On 4/23/2017 at 2:38 PM, BhForce said:

Why are you bothering with whether Sheikh Farid ji was a Sufi at some point or another?

I've explicitly ceded ground that Sheikh ji may have been a Sunni, Shia, or whatever at some point in his life. The debate question is whether  in the end Sheikh ji was a Muslim.

I agree with you. The question is whether sheikh farid was a Muslim in the end.. And I would assert that he was.. But for me being a sikh and a true Muslim is not mutually exclusive 

• 4 weeks later...

The only way to know whether Baba Farid was a Muslim or not would be to spot any sayings of his that would be considered heretical in accordance to Islamic practice.

So for those who are well versed with the bani of Baba Farid, did he say anything heretical?

I do recall him acknowledging the Guru, but can that be considered heretical considering Muslims revere Saints?

On 4/21/2017 at 2:13 PM, BhForce said:

Know who else they think was a Muslim?

Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj.

So does the infamous Dr. Zakir Naik.

of course empty vessels will try to claim paragons of true divinity as their own because they hope it will make up for their lack.. it doesn't Farid ji was castigated by his muslim peers because he would sing and dance in Akal Purakh's praises

9 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

of course empty vessels will try to claim paragons of true divinity as their own because they hope it will make up for their lack.. it doesn't Farid ji was castigated by his muslim peers because he would sing and dance in Akal Purakh's praises

This means nothing it only proves that bigots exists in all traditions