3 minutes ago, Kira said:

I've asked you to explain to me how someone can be a Sikh of Guru Nanak but also call him a false prophet, how someone can consider the Quran the sole authority of God but also say that Gurbani is the same lmao. Rather than posting 1 sentence answers, maybe explain it a bit? 

Well for a start it would be difficult for Baba farid ji to call guru nanak dev ji a false prophet since he lived about 300 years before him but rather don't you think it's important that guru sahibs did not call him a apostate? 

12 minutes ago, Kira said:

My logic is fine. If you think you can recite the oath to Muhammad and still be a Sikh then please explain to me how? The very oath says any other religion is false..by reciting it you say Sikhism and Guru Nanak Dev Ji are false. So tell me how someone can be a Sikh of Guru Nanak and a follower of Muhammad. Tell me how a reciter of the Quran which considers itself the ONLY authority from God also sit there and say Gurbani is the same. That's called Blasphemy is Islam. So no. try again.

12 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Do I really need to explain.. Try mool mantar.. I mean this is a Sikh forum.. Have you heard of it? 

That alone speaks volumes of your laziness, the argument that God is beyond Duality can be applied to everything and anyone. The fake Babas that roam India can use the same argument "I can be a Sikh of Guru Nanak Dev and also go to these people" The Aztecs sacrificed humans to gods "oh its ok God is beyond Duality, I can be a Sikh as well" Do you get the small flaw? 

I asked you and I'll repeat since it seems forming cohesive thoughts is something you dislike. How can someone who sits there reciting the Quran, reciting the Kalima and then say "I'm a Sikh"  still be both a muslim and a Sikh. You can't swear oaths to 2 sovereigns and say you belong to both. 

9 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Well for a start it would be difficult for Baba farid ji to call guru nanak dev ji a false prophet since he lived about 300 years before him but rather don't you think it's important that guru sahibs did not call him a apostate? 

We just established he wasn't a Muslim, you even admitted it. If Farid Ji was a muslim at the start of his life (most likely yes) then yes he did believe anyone after Muhammed would be an apostate. However Farid Ji changed and became enlightened so obviously he would no longer be restricted by that narrow myopic viewpoint.  The end game was He ended up one with God through Gurbani (a small portion of it).

Obviously he didn't. That twisted logic is like saying when people joined Guru Nanak Dev Ji and became Sikhs, we should still consider them Hindus/Muslims.

Just now, Kira said:

That alone speaks volumes of your laziness, the argument that God is beyond Duality can be applied to everything and anyone. The fake Babas that roam India can use the same argument "I can be a Sikh of Guru Nanak Dev and also go to these people" The Aztecs sacrificed humans to gods "oh its ok God is beyond Duality, I can be a Sikh as well" Do you get the small flaw? 

I asked you and I'll repeat since it seems forming cohesive thoughts is something you dislike. How can someone who sits there reciting the Quran, reciting the Kalima and then say "I'm a Sikh"  still be both a muslim and a Sikh. You can't swear oaths to 2 sovereigns and say you belong to both. 

We just established he wasn't a Muslim, you even admitted it. If Farid Ji was a muslim at the start of his life (most likely yes) then yes he did believe anyone after Muhammed would be an apostate. However Farid Ji changed and became enlightened so obviously he would no longer be restricted by that narrow myopic viewpoint. Obviously he didn't. That twisted logic is like saying when people joined Guru Nanak Dev Ji and became Sikhs, we should still consider them Hindus/Muslims.

Oh dear.. Nuff said 

7 minutes ago, Kira said:

We just established he wasn't a Muslim, you even admitted it. If Farid Ji was a muslim at the start of his life (most likely yes) then yes he did believe anyone after Muhammed would be an apostate. However Farid Ji changed and became enlightened so obviously he would no longer be restricted by that narrow myopic viewpoint.  The end game was He ended up one with God through Gurbani (a small portion of it).

Obviously he didn't. That twisted logic is like saying when people joined Guru Nanak Dev Ji and became Sikhs, we should still consider them Hindus/Muslims.

He who swears to me on the Koran
Ought not to have killed or imprisoned my men. 

Guru gobind Singh ji clearly respected those of true faith 

1 minute ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh ji

I think that our Sri Guru Sahib ji`s are above the titles of ``prophethood``.. For instance, I`ve heard Muslims say that even Muhhamad ji has made mistakes, and yet is a prophet.. So by that logic I think calling my Satguru ji a ``prophet`` would be considered odd because Satguru jis do not make mistakes.

Satgurus always were clear that they were not prophets, that it was revelation through gian.. They lived amongst us just as SGGS ji does today 

13 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

He who swears to me on the Koran
Ought not to have killed or imprisoned my men. 

Guru gobind Singh ji clearly respected those of true faith 

There's a difference between respect and thinking its right. Guru Gobind Singh Ji respected various Hindus and Muslims, that suddenly didn't make him say that someone could be a Sikh and a Muslim/Hindu at the same time. That quote is about anyone who takes false oaths, Guru Sahib told his Sikhs not to trust anyone like that anyways. 

So once again I've asked you to provide a logical way in how someone can adhere to Islam but also be a follower of Guru Nanak Dev Ji How can someone proclaim the Quran is the only revelation of God but also then turn around and say "yup Gurbani is the same too" 

2 minutes ago, Kira said:

There's a difference between respect and thinking its right. Guru Gobind Singh Ji respected various Hindus and Muslims, that suddenly didn't make him say that someone could be a Sikh and a Muslim at the same time. That quote is about anyone who takes false oaths, Guru Sahib told his Sikhs not to trust anyone like that anyways. 

So once again I've asked you to provide a logical way in how someone can adhere to Islam but also be a follower of Guru Nanak Dev Ji How can someone proclaim the Quran is the only revelation of God but also then turn around and say "yup Gurbani is the same too" 

If guru nanak dev ji could wear a chadar with inscriptions of the Quran yet also chastise those who abused the authority of the Quran for there own means... If you believe akaal is one (which as someone who proclaims to be a Sikh) it's very easy to move beyond the politics of religion... 

6 minutes ago, Kira said:

There's a difference between respect and thinking its right. Guru Gobind Singh Ji respected various Hindus and Muslims, that suddenly didn't make him say that someone could be a Sikh and a Muslim at the same time. That quote is about anyone who takes false oaths, Guru Sahib told his Sikhs not to trust anyone like that anyways. 

Someone who is a true Muslim, true Christian, true 'sikh' doesn't get lost in communalism