• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

•   " SABR "
      I’ve always wondered what SABR (Patience ) is
      I was never given a proper definition
      so my concept of it was somewhat distorted;
      All I understood was that you wait
      until it’s over.
      But now, if I were to put it into words,
      this is what I’ve gathered so far:
      SÂBR
      is suppressing that angry voice in
      your head, the one that wants to
      yell at people for being inconsiderate
      to your struggle.
      SÂBR
      is swallowing this voice,
      overcoming it and learning to
      channel it towards a heartfelt du'a instead.
      SÂBR
      is forgiving someone when they
      dismiss your feelings.
      SÂBR
      is meeting those who deserted
      you, with a smile on your lips,
      even though your tears are one
      step away from exposing you.
      SÂBR
      is staying silent because you’ve
      already stated your point too
      many times before.
      SÂBR
      is conforming to someone’s demand because of their right over you.
      SÂBR
      is fulfilling the rights of others
      even when they transgress
      against yours.
      SÂBR
      is crying about your heartache in
      front of God and no one else.
      SÂBR
      is believing wholeheartedly that
      God has beautiful things in
      store for you.
      SÂBR
      is crawling forward even when
      you want to stop.
      SÂBR
      is an active state of being,
      it is not a theory to simply be
      discussed and forgotten....   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------          
    • I agree that Punjabi has its roots in Sanskrit and in fact holds more importance over Farsi, but that doesn't mean Farsi should be cast aside. If we cannot agree on the degree of connection between Punjabi and Farsi then a consideration should be made as to where the bar is set for Sikhs in pursuit of it specifically, if not for the writings of Bhai Nand Lal Ji, then at least for Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Zafarnama. On the topic of academic pursuits, an effort should be made without question to acquire good hand knowledge of Sanskrit. It's worth mentioning that Vedic Sanskrit and Old Persian actually share some similarities.   Punjabi, aside from having loanwords, also shares the same word order as Farsi - Subject, Object, Verb. Although this could well be a coincidence, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. What has given you the impression that anyone in this thread has an inferiority complex? For the majority of us, Punjabi is our maa boli and takes precedence over any other language. The fact that some have a piqued interest in a secondary language which unquestionably has had a significant influence on our mother tongue, whether through conquest or not, does not all of sudden warrant the accusation that one has an inferiority complex. Punjabi has many dialects, some which are more Persianized and some which are more Sanskritized, and even that doesn't determine how Punjabi is spoken - a lot of it is down to personal preference and exposure. I have yet to find someone who speaks Pre-Persian Punjabi or has completely removed any Persian influence. Punjabi during the emergence of Sikhi most likely already had quite a degree of Persian influence, possibly not as much as today, but it still had it nonetheless. It has evolved like most languages and we are talking about the form relative to Punjabis and Sikhs throughout early modern history and current day. My DNA test didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, and had it come back with higher percentage of Indigenous Indian, the topic of Punjabis/Sikhs learning Farsi would still be under discussion and actually already has been. Likewise, the fact that many Punjabis are more ethnically Persian doesn't mean we are denying our actual heritage - Bharati. While I despise the politics of modern day India, the fact remains that Punjab culturally, geographically, linguistically, socially, and religiously was, is, and will always be a part of Bharat despite any land borders past, present, or future, and any political designations. A fact that many Sikhs find bitter, and a fact which if in agreement with, will also surely cause the term 'inferiority complex' to be bandied about. Anyway, it's not as if I've been suggesting we all apply for Iranian Citizenship at the earliest possible chance and start stuffing our faces with kabobs now is it. These days in order to qualify as someone who doesn't have an inferiority complex, you must be a Pro-Khalistani Singh Sabhia who follows Reform 'Sikhism', and believe all Sikhs appeared on earth through immaculate conception and came with their own pure culture and divine language which to this day has been entirely uninfluenced by outside factors.  ! پیروزی به هندوستان
    • Not wise to carry unlicensed fire arms in western non-sikh modern societies even if they are unloaded and just used for ceremonial purposes. Allowing it would mean there would be a free for all by every community wanting to do the same. Have to draw the line somewhere
    • Strange case this. 1) First this juggi guy is involved in the nerverforget84 website raising awareness of the Sikh genocide by the Indians yet goes to india punjab even knowing the type corrupt and brutal undemocratic anti-human rights establishment that still exists there. Why take the risk? 2)The turbanned Sikh MP of slough who is seemingly is seen as a pro-sikh human rights advocate is more concerned about railway than life and treatment of a fellow british Sikh detained by indian authorities. 3) British Sikhs are again doing useless fruitless protests rather than taking lawful direct action or using international human rights and law bodies to detain indian officials / assets until they release the british citizen. So like the british govt detained iranian offcials connected to their regime few years ago so the iranian regime detained the british iranian spy woman working for MI6 naznine. Iranians want their officials released and the £450 million debt uk govt owes to the iranian govt to be paid in full. Similarly Indian officials when visiting the UK should be given a citizens arrest and detained for the crimes of corrupt Indian regime/establishment against Sikhs and other minorities within the Indian union.  
    • The translation by the pretentious "dr sant singh khalsa" is unnecessary. The gora has neither no knowledge nor understanding of Panjabi. He copied the translation of Bhai Manmohan Singh and replaced the archaic terms in it with modern ones with the help of "yogi" bhajan, yet Sikhs worldwide continue to treat it as the correct primary source, when it is false as it is full of misinterpretations and incorrect definitions. We are better off learning the Panjabi translation/steek/teeka before translating to english although a Sikh collective of academics who propose to come together and provide their research from other languages is welcome. There was a link to an organisation just like this on these boards but cannot recall or find the name of it on here. A welcome idea but 'Ang' should replace 'Page' in the search box.