Jump to content
simran345

Carrots - Different Colours

Recommended Posts

Guest Jacfsing2
21 hours ago, Kira said:

iv only ever had the orange ones..great, now I know how to make rainbow Aloo Gajaar di Sabzi.

That sounds gross. I wouldn't want to eat any rainbow Aloos, or rainbow Gajaars sabji. Keep them seperate if you want mixed colors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Isher Kaur is bugging me to buy rainbow carrot seed  the colour ranges from white, yellow, orange, red, purple , kind of strange seeing this topic ... the darker the colour the more beta carotene, so India's carrots are orange in overdrive , the purple ones have anthocyanins like red cabbage and grapes.

take a look 

http://www.suttons.co.uk/Gardening/Vegetable+Seeds/Popular+Vegetable+Seeds/Carrot+Seeds/Carrot+Seeds+-+Rainbow+Mix_157254.htm

That's so weird too, when the red carrots came to mind, the first person I thought of was you penji, that I'd ask you about them and the nutritional qualities lol. 

37 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

That sounds gross. I wouldn't want to eat any rainbow Aloos, or rainbow Gajaars sabji. Keep them seperate if you want mixed colors. 

Hahahahaha, kuch nai hunda, chill out with the mixed veg sabji, that's different colours too, but very good for u. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacfsing2
11 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Hahahahaha, kuch nai hunda, chill out with the mixed veg sabji, that's different colours too, but very good for u. 

Honestly whenever I eat mixed vegtable Sabji, it almost always tastes too spicy. But I was mostly referring to rainbow potatoes and carrots. (Different color potatoes do exist).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Honestly whenever I eat mixed vegtable Sabji, it almost always tastes too spicy. But I was mostly referring to rainbow potatoes and carrots. (Different color potatoes do exist).

fancy some rainbow gobi to go with that rainbow aloo?

http://www.suttons.co.uk/Gardening/Vegetable+Plants/All+Vegetable+Plants/Cauliflower+Plants+-+Tri-colour+Collection_216171.htm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

You have to cook the veges separately! I tried making cauliflower cheese once with normal cauli, broccoli and purple broccoli. The purple broccoli leaked its colour all throughout the dish.  

Edited by dallysingh101
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

You have to cook the veges separately! I tried making cauliflower cheese once with normal cauli, broccoli and purple broccoli. The purple broccoli leaked its colour all throughout the dish.  

How do you mean cook them separately? If the purple broccoli leaked colour, then do you mean not to add it in the baking dish, but to boil it separately and have separate on the plate after? Or to boil the purple one separately to the green one and then add to the baking dish together?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simran345 said:

How do you mean cook them separately? If the purple broccoli leaked colour, then do you mean not to add it in the baking dish, but to boil it separately and have separate on the plate after? Or to boil the purple one separately to the green one and then add to the baking dish together?

I don't think it is possible to make this dish and keep the purple from running. Even when we boiled the veg separately first, when we stick them in the cheese sauce and bake that for a while, the colours run into the sauce. 

I guess and alternative could be to boil/steam the veg separately and then put them on your plate and then pour cheese sauce on them. I'm sure that can taste REAL nice but it isn't proper cauliflower-cheese to me unless its been baked with browned, melted cheese on top. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't think it is possible to make this dish and keep the purple from running. Even when we boiled the veg separately first, when we stick them in the cheese sauce and bake that for a while, the colours run into the sauce. 

I guess and alternative could be to boil/steam the veg separately and then put them on your plate and then pour cheese sauce on them. I'm sure that can taste REAL nice but it isn't proper cauliflower-cheese to me unless its been baked with browned, melted cheese on top. 

 

you forgot the breadcrumbs as well to add crunch to contrast...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

you forgot the breadcrumbs as well to add crunch to contrast...

You're going to have come out with your own cookbook. You know you have to 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't do the breadcrumb thing myself. 

needs less cheese then and yet is still as satisfying, maybe moreso judging by the 'hungry wolves' response from the lads , just use staleish bread slices and food process/chop/shred into the grated cheese , mix and spread

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

needs less cheese then and yet is still as satisfying, maybe moreso judging by the 'hungry wolves' response from the lads , just use staleish bread slices and food process/chop/shred into the grated cheese , mix and spread

Is normal bread ok to use ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, simran345 said:

Is normal bread ok to use ? 

yep I've used brown , white, even stale muffins it all works 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

yep I've used brown , white, even stale muffins it all works 

Talking about stale bread, I was looking at bread and butter pudding recipes recently, and the amount of butter they use is way too much for what I'd expect .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simran345 said:

Talking about stale bread, I was looking at bread and butter pudding recipes recently, and the amount of butter they use is way too much for what I'd expect .

look up bread pudding it is made with raisins and spices like cinammon and all spice , we used to make it all the time to use up the bread we couldn't sell at Mum and Dad's shop

like this :

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/13355/bread-pudding

no eggs you could add some cornflour if you want ...we didn't bother

 

Edited by jkvlondon
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Anyone new to this forum might think it was a place to discuss rear pleasures or excretions. Try and display some control of your fetishes.   MODS need to update their banned word filters or at fhe very least warn repeated gutter posters who just have it in each for other.  All for free speech but this thread has warped into something vindictive. 
    • Guest London jwaan
      Err no......that's not a fact. That's your sensationalist factually incorrect anal hyperbole again! You really do need to visit a colo-rectal specialist with some urgency to find out why so much tutee is coming out of your mouth.  The full list of non signatories is here. See what I did there? Showed evidence of a fact. Not empty my anus on a forum for no reason, unlike you.
    • https://medium.com/incerto/the-most-intolerant-wins-the-dictatorship-of-the-small-minority-3f1f83ce4e15 Interesting article from Nassim Nicholas Taleb regarding how halal has got it's way in the UK. It is quite long though. 
    • Jus Reign is technically correct in his argiement that Sikhi isn’t a religion, however I don’t think he thought about this on a deeper level, and just made an edgy statement that happens to be true once examined on a deeper level.  Guru Nanak Dev Ji never intended to start a “religion”. Sikhi isn’t a “religion” it’s the Sach Dharam. This modern day “Sikhism” most people follow is an Abrahamic knockoff created by the Singh Sabah era with the help of the British, which takes away Sikhi’s universalist Dharmic framework, and replaces it with this abomination calles Sikhism.  Jus Reigns statement also comes from a place of duality. For any educated Sikh, it’s obvious that Guru Nanak never “left” us, and Guru Gobind Singh Ji is just the same as Guru Nanak, who is just the same as Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The Guru is the Bani, the Bani is the Guru, and within it all the Amrit is contained.  As for his comment about rocking the Turban and doing whatever HE wants, from a Sikh point of view his completely wrong. The entire point of being a Sikh is to recognize your own defincies and realize you cannot achieve anything by yourself, this is why you dedicate yourself to an enlightener (Guru) and follow his teachings. Bani time and time again tells us to destroy this false sense of self (ego) and recognize the One. Sikhi isn’t about following yourself, it’s about following the One Guru.  When a Sikh, especially a “Singh” (Man who has received Khand Di Phaul) as Jus Reign claims to be, wears a Dastaar (Turban) then they are representing the Khalsa and the Gurus Saroop. Of course there are things you cannot do, like smoking, drinking (He drinks), or other immoralities because reflects back on the Khalsa. When you go out and do something retarded it reflects bad on that real Singh who keeps the 5K’s, who gets up at Amritvela, who follows Rehat, etc. The fact is that in the modern day, especially for someone who uses the Khalsa title of “Singh”, wearing the Dastaar is not a joke. It’s either you follow the Rehat and maintain proper conduct in the world, or take off the Dastaar, and remove Singh from your name (which you didn’t earn in the first place). 
×