Carrots - Different Colours

simran345

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

You have to cook the veges separately! I tried making cauliflower cheese once with normal cauli, broccoli and purple broccoli. The purple broccoli leaked its colour all throughout the dish.  

How do you mean cook them separately? If the purple broccoli leaked colour, then do you mean not to add it in the baking dish, but to boil it separately and have separate on the plate after? Or to boil the purple one separately to the green one and then add to the baking dish together?

1 hour ago, simran345 said:

How do you mean cook them separately? If the purple broccoli leaked colour, then do you mean not to add it in the baking dish, but to boil it separately and have separate on the plate after? Or to boil the purple one separately to the green one and then add to the baking dish together?

I don't think it is possible to make this dish and keep the purple from running. Even when we boiled the veg separately first, when we stick them in the cheese sauce and bake that for a while, the colours run into the sauce. 

I guess and alternative could be to boil/steam the veg separately and then put them on your plate and then pour cheese sauce on them. I'm sure that can taste REAL nice but it isn't proper cauliflower-cheese to me unless its been baked with browned, melted cheese on top. 

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't think it is possible to make this dish and keep the purple from running. Even when we boiled the veg separately first, when we stick them in the cheese sauce and bake that for a while, the colours run into the sauce. 

I guess and alternative could be to boil/steam the veg separately and then put them on your plate and then pour cheese sauce on them. I'm sure that can taste REAL nice but it isn't proper cauliflower-cheese to me unless its been baked with browned, melted cheese on top. 

you forgot the breadcrumbs as well to add crunch to contrast...

9 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

needs less cheese then and yet is still as satisfying, maybe moreso judging by the 'hungry wolves' response from the lads , just use staleish bread slices and food process/chop/shred into the grated cheese , mix and spread

Is normal bread ok to use ? 

1 hour ago, simran345 said:

Talking about stale bread, I was looking at bread and butter pudding recipes recently, and the amount of butter they use is way too much for what I'd expect .

look up bread pudding it is made with raisins and spices like cinammon and all spice , we used to make it all the time to use up the bread we couldn't sell at Mum and Dad's shop

like this :

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/13355/bread-pudding

no eggs you could add some cornflour if you want ...we didn't bother