• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jacfsing2

Wasting Time?

33 posts in this topic

On 17 April 2017 at 4:41 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! How to control wasting time on useless stuff and focus on building productivity in Gurmat or personal things? Sometimes, I genuinely feel like I could do something so much more; however, it all gets wasted away in stuff that I don't really need or think other people need, (this website being one example, where it just seems like debates and nobody really learns anything). Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ki fateh 

I think you should train for American Ninja Warriors.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Ninja_Warrior

No Sikh/Sardar has ever been on show.

It would be great for PR & you can win half a million dollars !

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ki fateh 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ki fateh 

I think you should train for American Ninja Warriors.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Ninja_Warrior

No Sikh/Sardar has ever been on show.

It would be great for PR & you can win half a million dollars !

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ki fateh 

One, I'm too young for that show amd second I don't like the whole idea of attention and trying to win some popularity contest. (I was once popular in school, and for the whole year, people would bug me on something that happened the previous year). But working out for my own benefit is something I can easily do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! I will try to seriously limit how much internet time I use to be more effective. If for some reason this is my last post for a long time, then that's the reason why, the reason is to better myself, because I feel technology has taken a lot of influence on me, and I need to limit it by a lot. Trying to cut this habit will be hard, but thanks to everyone's advice here, I'll try to improve myself. Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/4/2017 at 3:18 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

I know it's not right; that's why I'm trying to ask for assistance. At the Gurdwara, I wouldn't dare take my phone out, but outside of that I'm nearly lost into it. For the last few days Guru Sahib hasn't blessed me with a strong Amrit Vela, and now I'm assuming I did something wrong, (I'm assuming it's exactly this thing). 

Brother,

I would never blame Guru Sahiban for not blessing with a strong Amrit  Vela as you say.

You see, apart from akhoot Daya Meher and Pyaar, there is nothing which Guru Jee has more.

Why will He not want us to get up at Amerit Vela and do our paath, bhajan bandagee, or whatever one does regularly as per bhakti.

The fault is within us. 

Who obliges us to stay at such late or so many hours on the internet or maya? 

Of course nobody. If ever anyone or anything, then surely it is our mind, the agent of Kal within us.

We all know, what we should do or not, but our will power is weak. 

It is all about how important we see the world and its pull on us, or, be a true sikh and keep Guru Jee´s  Hukum above everything.

This means, first Wahiguru, then if any time left, live in the world, but not to go that much deep in it, that Wahiguru becomes secondary.

He is so Dayalu, that each and every day, He gives us new chances to improve and become better sikhs, but we neglect them, then blame Him. When the fact is, He keeps us giving chances after chances....

Sat Sree Akal.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2017 at 7:07 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! I will try to seriously limit how much internet time I use to be more effective. If for some reason this is my last post for a long time, then that's the reason why, the reason is to better myself, because I feel technology has taken a lot of influence on me, and I need to limit it by a lot. Trying to cut this habit will be hard, but thanks to everyone's advice here, I'll try to improve myself. Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

So far I've been improving. I wish that it would be easy, but nothing should be too easy. Tried to find other ways to use time, but still very hard to be effective.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

So far I've been improving. I wish that it would be easy, but nothing should be too easy. Tried to find other ways to use time, but still very hard to be effective.

Join the club. Have you got a separate diary for your tasks, things to do and events? You could also keep a record of your internet progression in the diary. I normally put things in there, so that means don't have to put everything on my phone. Or get a planner and keep it on the desk, organiser board on the wall also help. 

 

Edited by simran345
Added more information.
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, simran345 said:

Join the club. Have you got a separate diary for your tasks, things to do and events? You could also keep a record of your internet progression in the diary. I normally put things in there, so that means don't have to put everything on my phone. Or get a planner and keep it on the desk, organiser board on the wall also help. 

 

I haven't got a seperate diary yet, but was planning to.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...