Wasting Time?

Guest Jacfsing2

I started sehaj path on phone with reading meanings too. I get so engrossed in meanings that I don't need to chat. Former internet addict. 

For any bad habit set a five or ten minute alarm. Stop when alarm goes and set an hours alarm for your good habit and discipline yourself to follow it. 

3 minutes ago, luckysingh99 said:

Just power the damned phone off at set time every night. Don't turn it on until you are in some other part of the house or room the next day. Say, you could leave it in the kitchen and don't switch it on until you having morning tea or coffee.

Phones, gadgets and all the EMF is bad, bad,... bad..Having Wi-Fi and all these radio waves is never going to benefit a Sikh. I have my own theories and evidence of how gadgets, wi-fi and EMF has affected my own abyaas, but I'm not going to get in detail now.

When the forum is full of stuff that is not inspiring, then just disappear for a while. Especially, if you feel it's spiritually draining, then it's time to go try raise your consciousness.

agreed EMF is very damaging to sleep and own psychic fields , loads of experiment data out there .

4 hours ago, luckysingh99 said:

Just power the damned phone off at set time every night. Don't turn it on until you are in some other part of the house or room the next day. Say, you could leave it in the kitchen and don't switch it on until you having morning tea or coffee.

Phones, gadgets and all the EMF is bad, bad,... bad..Having Wi-Fi and all these radio waves is never going to benefit a Sikh. I have my own theories and evidence of how gadgets, wi-fi and EMF has affected my own abyaas, but I'm not going to get in detail now.

When the forum is full of stuff that is not inspiring, then just disappear for a while. Especially, if you feel it's spiritually draining, then it's time to go try raise your consciousness.

bhaji is absolutely right.

14 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

this website being one example, where it just seems like debates and nobody really learns anything).

I never see people talking about naam abhyaas or genuine questions regarding spirituality.

for example, when i went to tao forums , just by chance, i found people asking genuine questions regarding their spiritual experiences.

3 hours ago, kalyugi said:

I never see people talking about naam abhyaas or genuine questions regarding spirituality.

for example, when i went to tao forums , just by chance, i found people asking genuine questions regarding their spiritual experiences.

Much of modern Sikh spirituality, as practiced by most people, is tied up in visual posturing and being seen to do the pious and holy thing. It seems to me that we crave external recognition from others for our spiritual acts, which again feeds into the narcissistic sense of wishing to be admired, or even worshipped for doing good, in the most extreme cases. Rarely are we content with selfless, unnoticeable, and intensely personal devotion on an individual level.

How has this come about? Probably through the emphasis in parchaar that becoming an Amritdhari is an overnight method of attaining spiritual perfection. When was the last time we heard anyone say, "The journey does not end with taking Amrit. It is merely the beginning." When there's a seismic shift in parchaar that emphasises that Sikh spirituality begins from within; that without any firm internal foundations, the outer garb is merely window dressing, we will continue to see the degrading of the Sikh identity by people who seem to assume that looking the part outweighs all other requirements. If you require evidence of my opinions on this matter just look around you at the Amritdhari rank and file. How many truly and absolutely embody those ideals we are taught are the hallmarks of a true Sikh? Scratch that, how many are even diligently WORKING towards attaining such things?

Gosh, I'm nowhere near where i want to be, but I'm aware of my failings. I haven't deluded myself with the idea that the job is done. As far as I'm concerned it's barely started. That comes with humility and perspective. It doesn't come from being led to believe that you're perfect.

7 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Much of modern Sikh spirituality, as practiced by most people, is tied up in visual posturing and being seen to do the pious and holy thing. It seems to me that we crave external recognition from others for our spiritual acts, which again feeds into the narcissistic sense of wishing to be admired, or even worshipped for doing good, in the most extreme cases. Rarely are we content with selfless, unnoticeable, and intensely personal devotion on an individual level.

How has this come about? Probably through the emphasis in parchaar that becoming an Amritdhari is an overnight method of attaining spiritual perfection. When was the last time we heard anyone say, "The journey does not end with taking Amrit. It is merely the beginning." When there's a seismic shift in parchaar that emphasises that Sikh spirituality begins from within; that without any firm internal foundations, the outer garb is merely window dressing, we will continue to see the degrading of the Sikh identity by people who seem to assume that looking the part outweighs all other requirements. If you require evidence of my opinions on this matter just look around you at the Amritdhari rank and file. How many truly and absolutely embody those ideals we are taught are the hallmarks of a true Sikh? Scratch that, how many are even diligently WORKING towards attaining such things?

Gosh, I'm nowhere near where i want to be, but I'm aware of my failings. I haven't deluded myself with the idea that the job is done. As far as I'm concerned it's barely started. That comes with humility and perspective. It doesn't come from being led to believe that you're perfect.

very well put bhaji.

Are you a writer or professor at university? I am very impressed by your eloquent style of writing.

5 hours ago, luckysingh99 said:

I know. For me, abyaas is my utmost priority and my day to day is arranged around my abyaas, rather than trying to squeeze some jap in if one has time.

It's a shame our people have these attitudes because I spent over 2 years asking and trying to find out what japna really is and how it could carry me. I was disappointed on many occasions when respectable Sikhs just closed the doors and wouldn't/couldn't answer.

The Taoist's are one of a few that have same spiritual goals as sikhi..which is to meet "waheguru" in sachkhand. They call it seeing the "tao" when they get darshan of the almighty Ek onkar. .. Respect!

o really ? I didn't know that.  I happened to be there when I was searching for how to transmutate the  lower energy to higher levels so that it doesnt leak down there.

@luckysingh99  How do Sikhs do it ?   I reckon, saas giraas jaap with dhyan should pull the energy up or is it the whole package of how one carry himself around his daily living, including principles of yam and niyam ?

15 hours ago, kalyugi said:

How do Sikhs do it ?   I reckon, saas giraas jaap with dhyan should pull the energy up or is it the whole package of how one carry himself around his daily living, including principles of yam and niyam ?

We don't have to get too worked up with principles yam and niyam, as these virtues will begin to manifest with simran and gurbani. Goal of all schools is to teach students to get into Samadhi/ sunn samadh. Only from there can someone have the ultimate experience of Truth.

Saas giraas is one of many techniques used in gurmat, and gurmat is devised in manners suitable for grishti jeevan and for a Sikh to be sant/sipahi (saint/soldier).

If you are trying some abyaas approach, then I can give tips and suggestions relative to my own trial and errors, along with success rates.