How Missionary Jatha Got Influence?

Guest Jacfsing2

Guest Jacfsing2

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! How exactly did the Missionary Jatha get it's influence especially among the majority of those who aren't Amritdhari? Is there a reason why true Gurmat is being attacked by our own people? Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Define missionary? are you talking about christian/muslim abrahmic missionaries? or a certain Sikh missionary org?

Google defines missionary as "a person sent on a religious mission, especially one sent to promote Christianity in a foreign country."

Guest Jacfsing2
8 minutes ago, genie said:

Define missionary? are you talking about christian/muslim abrahmic missionaries? or a certain Sikh missionary org?

Google defines missionary as "a person sent on a religious mission, especially one sent to promote Christianity in a foreign country."

Missionary as in "Professors", and "Sikh Missionary Colleges". (I know how the other "Missionary" gets influence and it says something about our failures). Darshan Ragi and others are the ones I'm referring to.

18 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Missionary as in "Professors", and "Sikh Missionary Colleges". (I know how the other "Missionary" gets influence and it says something about our failures). Darshan Ragi and others are the ones I'm referring to.

I think there's always been missionaries around giving their own interpretations of gurbani and sikh history. Thing is instead of excommunicating them (as spgc has done to some) or no platforming banning them or physically fighting them at functions and events ......an intelligent approach should be used to counter their arguments and views.

People are more easily influenced if they think the person has credible evidence. If they pulling things out of thin air they are less likely to be believed and followed.

As for missionaries, we should encourage them to focus their energies to target non-sikhs into bringing others into Sikhi rather than split the panth into different sects of beliefs.

Guest Jacfsing2
16 minutes ago, Koi said:

The influence? .....tooooo much belief in their own intellect 

Faith of any kind isn't based on logic, but rather trust. And Guru's faith is based on humbling yourself and admitting you don't know anything.

Problem stems from the undermining of jeevan wale gursikhs who used to do nishkam sewa of Guru ji through daily granthi duties and kirtaniya duties from the start ...even back in the Ranjit Singh kingdom times they were being undermined by crafty brahmin dhongi Amritdharis that's how the dogrey got their feet under the table and the sikh generals were overlooked when advice was being given .

Now every Tarlochan, Daljeet and Harjinder thinks he knows better than actual rehitvaan gursikhs  and worships and hangs onto the words of every fake DR, Professor, or Phd  coming out of uni ... even in totally disparate fields e.g. engineering, medical etc

got really upset when someone of this ilk referred to Gursikhs as the frock brigade...

58 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Faith of any kind isn't based on logic, but rather trust. And Guru's faith is based on humbling yourself and admitting you don't know anything.

Yes partially I agree with you. You deffo need to have faith in guru ji but to have faith you must have the right interruption of what guru ji said or did. If you have some wrong so called 'learned people' interrupting things wrongly then people will be misled away from the real message and real spiritual meanings.

So for example we have low IQ low educated people taking some verses in SGGS Ji as literal stuff instead of metaphors as its meant to be taken because gurbani is mostly poetry. And these low IQ people have caused so much trouble in the panth by being dogmatic and violent by saying only their way is the right way everyone else's interruption is heresy and wrong.

So where people are going wrong is at the interruption level. We see this in other regions and their sects too... our folk haven't learn't to debate it out peaceful rather they resort to slandering and violently attacking each other rather than sitting down and understanding what actually did Guru sahibians said or did through historical evidence and through verbally and written traditions,etc.

I am even surprised by some things basics of sikhi has been peddling which I disagree on a fundamental level but i would rather give my own interpretation/understanding of how I see it not by slandering or violently attacking basics of sikhi and its people but just giving my view of what Guru Ji is saying. Eg Guru Nanak is/was not God .... I gave my evidence in other thread..... and Guru ji didn't perform charan di phul with his feet for baptism (which is unhygienic and would put people off). The verses in gurbani are meant to be taken as metaphors not literally.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a jatha, certainly not in the traditional sense of the word. Despite some of the recent negative connotations the term jatha has taken on, being in a jatha is still mostly a force for positivity, or at least it should be. I mean, if you view the entirety of the Sikh faith as a tapestry or a quilt, then each jatha can be said to contribute their own unique segment to said tapestry of the Sikh identity, which serves to enrich and strengthen the whole. That's the theory anyway, lol.

As for these so-called missionaries (i don't understand why this word is used in relation to the issue it's describing but I guess it's too late to change it), my theory is that it's a government black op which originated from the Indian state, designed to undermine and weaken the Sikh faith over the course of decades. They gave us the short, sharp shock in the 80's through state-sponsored pogroms against Sikhs. This current phase is ideological subversion; a much slower, barely detectable form of attack that ultimately shares the same desired outcome as the violence against Sikhs during the 80's and 90's. 

The purpose of creating controversy regarding DG bani was to cause fissures in the quom. The appeal of anti-DG sentiment lies in the fact that it's managed to ensnare some well-meaning, high profile individuals - some via Sikh ideological appeal, others through various material inducements - who've unfortunately fallen for the quite convincing lies and half-truths being promoted. Who the actual leaders and organisers are of this movement behind the scenes, and who are those who've been duped into representing it's public face amongst Sikhs is quite simple to recognise. I really think there are some well-intentioned people who, in their desire to do the right thing according to Sikhi as they see it, are susceptible to being drawn into these games.

As for why non-Amritdharis are generally the target demographic for the anti-DG brigade, i believe it's as i mentioned earlier: a plan to denigrate Gursikhi as a whole by equating Dasme Paatshah's bani - and eventually Dasme Paatshah himself - with certain beliefs that supposedly don't seem congruous with the all-encompassing ethos of Sikh philosophy.  The aim is to proliferate the belief that Dasme Paatshah and his bani is equated with certain negative and controversial subjects in Sikh theology, which will then cause Sikhs to assume, "Do i really want to become a Gursikh when the figurehead who created the Khalsa harbours these opinions and ideas?" If people are hesitant to take Amrit, that's the end of Sikh orthodoxy. Everyone eventually becomes secular Punjabis, or Sunday Sikhs at best. No resistance, no problems for India. The python that is Hindu statehood consumes another victim.

Doubt. That's the end objective. Create doubt in the minds of Sikhs. Once we begin to turn our back on Dasme Paatshah, then it really is the end for us. How do you stop the growth of Sikhi? By undermining and gradually destroying the Gursikhi he gave us.