Keeping Kesh

Guest KSG

Hello, 

I am seeking advice from the Sangat on a dilemma that I am in. For the past four years I have been reading gurbani. I was raised in a Sikh (non-amritdhari) family. I am a Mona myself. After reading gurbani, and completing a sehaj paat, I have fell at the feet of Satguru. I am addicted to doing paat and listening to Katha. I have also been having thoughts of keeping my Kesh, to the point where I can not stop thinking about it. I don't feel like cutting my hair and I feel as though Kesh is the missing piece of my spiritual journey into Sikhi. 

I have been married for 7 years now, and I have discussed keeping my Kesh with my wife. She does not feel that I need to and that I can be spiritual without Kesh. She also says that I should wait until later in life. We have disagreed on this and I feel as though sat guru is giving me the jewel of Kesh. On the flip side, I'm not sure how it will affect my marriage. Guru Nanak Sahib Ji also said to live a gristi Jeevan. I'm just reaching out to see if any one else in the sangat has had similar issue and can relate, or offer some advice. 

Thank you, 

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh