The real reason why Hindustani's celebrate Bhagat Singh

genie

6 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

Monay have inferiority complexes and are happy to have their own "shaheed", and to have someone who they can point to in order to justify why killing their kesh does not matter.

U takin the mick? Monay have inferiority complex? Their own shaheed? Justifiying kesh cutting? Never read such tatti in my life. Yea, i suppose us monay really dont consider sant jarnail singh as a real shaheed then, or any of the old puratan singhs as shaheeds then? Seriously shut ur mouth with that garbage. Attitudes like ur just push monay away, rather than bringing them in. Thank god u aint got no voice out there to make any difference. I dunno wat it is in ur america water, but u man spout serious garbage.

2 hours ago, genie said:

I agreed with most of your statement but I don't agree with that there.

From my experience monay have more love and fight for Sikhs and Sikhi than your everyday keshdhari Sikh. This monay/keshdhari divide is very dangerous as this was the same tactic used to push some sahejdhari Sikhs into the camps of Hindu punjabi's and into the Hindtuva agenda in 19th century. Just cause a person can grow some kesh and look like a khalsa roop does not make them a Sikh. Many pro-indian government criminals and police black cat terrorists were brahmin hindus who put on a turban and grew kesh as did some indian punjabi muslims to murder Sikh youths and Sikh separatists and other innocents by pretending to be Sikh militants. We just need to look at butchers like KPS Gill who is a keshdhari looking Sikh aswell as was the other butcher beant singh and neither of them are monay.

In 1980s/90 in uk when there was street fights with racist skinhead goray and muslim extremists it was usually monay Sikhs who would have fist and sword fights with the racists and muslim gangs not sardar's.

Balwant+Singh+Rajoana+-+Before+&+After.j

Monay / sehajdhari Sikhs have saved Sikhi and Sikh civilians countless times in history more recently during 1980s/90s they formed death hit squads taking out op blue star Indian general vadiya on motorbikes and 1984 genocide accused politicians. Even bhai rajoana was a monah in the punjab police before he and his colleague took out butcher of punjab cheif minister beant singh.

sukha-jinda.jpg

So we as a kaum need to stop having this dangerous mindset against monay and thinking they have inferiority complex as they dont. Its usually our keshdhari bros that have inferiority complexes these days on many issues.

Exactly, if someones insides aren't pure then there's little point in taking pride on your external appearance, Anand Sahib even a-tests to that. I've met so many monay who are the most spiritual people I've seen in my life, and I'm a keshdhari individual here. Baby steps are the way to go, rather than isolate them help them in their journey. Rather than shame them, encourage them.

14 hours ago, genie said:

I agreed with most of your statement but I don't agree with that there.

From my experience monay have more love and fight for Sikhs and Sikhi than your everyday keshdhari Sikh. This monay/keshdhari divide is very dangerous as this was the same tactic used to push some sahejdhari Sikhs into the camps of Hindu punjabi's and into the Hindtuva agenda in 19th century. Just cause a person can grow some kesh and look like a khalsa roop does not make them a Sikh. Many pro-indian government criminals and police black cat terrorists were brahmin hindus who put on a turban and grew kesh as did some indian punjabi muslims to murder Sikh youths and Sikh separatists and other innocents by pretending to be Sikh militants. We just need to look at butchers like KPS Gill who is a keshdhari looking Sikh aswell as was the other butcher beant singh and neither of them are monay.

In 1980s/90 in uk when there was street fights with racist skinhead goray and muslim extremists it was usually monay Sikhs who would have fist and sword fights with the racists and muslim gangs not sardar's.

Balwant+Singh+Rajoana+-+Before+&+After.j

Monay / sehajdhari Sikhs have saved Sikhi and Sikh civilians countless times in history more recently during 1980s/90s they formed death hit squads taking out op blue star Indian general vadiya on motorbikes and 1984 genocide accused politicians. Even bhai rajoana was a monah in the punjab police before he and his colleague took out butcher of punjab cheif minister beant singh.

sukha-jinda.jpg

So we as a kaum need to stop having this dangerous mindset against monay and thinking they have inferiority complex as they dont. Its usually our keshdhari bros that have inferiority complexes these days on many issues.

Bhai Harjinder Singh Jinda became a mona only so that he could punish dushts like General Vaidya.  The change in appearance was almost a necessity in order to not arouse suspicion in parts of India where there were very few Sikhs.

As for the monay Sikhs doing most of the fighting in the UK in the 80s and 90s.  Of course they did.  When monay outnumber Singhs 100 to 1 or whatever, it is not a remarkable fact that monay end up doing more of everything.

Anyway, you are right there have been some mona shaheeds, especially during the 80s and 90s period.  Bhai Dilawar Singh, for example.  But let's not revise history and act like 90% of the people on the front lines of the movement in India were monay.

All I am saying is that monay want to feel included and it makes them feel good to be able to point to shaheeds who were monay in order to make the same argument you just made: the Khalsa roop alone does not make one a Sikh, what is on the inside counts, etc.  These are all valid points.  I am merely pointing out that Bhagat Singh's popularity with the modern Sikh quam (the vast majority who are monay) probably has something to do with the fact that he was a mona.  Think about it: among thousands of Sikh shaheeds during the colonial period, 99.9% who were Singhs, how does a mona emerge as the most celebrated?  People like having someone who looks like them as a "hero" that they can point to.

Anyway, I wish everyone would calm down.  I'm not saying monay are lesser than anyone.  I am sure most monay are much better Sikhs than me.  I was just making a point that their prevalence in our quam has something to do with Bhagat Singh's popularity.

14 hours ago, StarStriker said:

U takin the mick? Monay have inferiority complex? Their own shaheed? Justifiying kesh cutting? Never read such tatti in my life. Yea, i suppose us monay really dont consider sant jarnail singh as a real shaheed then, or any of the old puratan singhs as shaheeds then? Seriously shut ur mouth with that garbage. Attitudes like ur just push monay away, rather than bringing them in. Thank god u aint got no voice out there to make any difference. I dunno wat it is in ur america water, but u man spout serious garbage.

Yes, to justify kesh cutting, the standard argument monay make is something along the lines of "Keeping your dhari and kesh doesn't necessarily make you a good person or a good Sikh.  What is on the inside matters a lot too."  And then they point to monay (such as Bhagat Singh) who have made the ultimate sacrifice in order to justify such statements.  I don't see how anything I've said in this paragraph is controversial or offensive.

Maybe I am wrong.  What is your justification for cutting your kesh?  Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Look man, I think monay are great.  You people are the future of our quam, so I am glad people like you are here on sikh sangat.  I am sorry if my comments came off the wrong way.  I am sure you are a much better Sikh than I am (as are most monay).  I know of lots of Singhs who are an embarrassment to Sikhi, and lots of monay who are great people.  So let me get this disclaimer out of the way.

All I am saying is that the popularity of a mona shaheed like Bhagat Singh likely has something to do with the fact that the vast majority of modern Sikhs are monay.  It is natural for people to gravitate towards someone who looks like them.  Also, the existence of mona shaheeds is a good self-reminder for monay Sikhs that being monay doesn't mean they aren't great people.

The "inferiority complex" comment I made could have used some more explanation.  I apologize.  But whenever anyone mentions kesh (even if it is not to judge others but rather make an observation, like I have here, in observing that Bhagat Singh's popularity is likely due to the high prevalence of monay in our quam), monay tend to have a very strong reaction, and often get upset.  That illustrates the "complex" I am talking about, and shows partly why figures such as Bhagat Singh have achieved such prominence.