Prophecy about the Gurus

1 hour ago, ThunderousDominator said:

I've heard that theres a prophecy saying that Guru Nanak Devji will manifest 82 times in Kalyug 10 times as a guru and 72 as a brahamgiani. Is this prophecy true if it is does anybody have names 72 manifestations and speaking of manifestations what does that word mean exactly? does it mean they are one and the same?

Think of it like this: in only one particular manifestation they managed to reach out to millions, and their name is repeated amongst the faithful to this very day. In subsequent visitations, don't you think their coming would have had an impact where we'd feel or recognise someone of that stature was on this earth? Don't fall for the, "They're remaining gupt" line, because i assure you, their role is not to sit quietly behind closed doors for the benefit of a handful of sycophants to feel special about themselves. Is it impossible? No, nothing is impossible for them. Is it likely? Just look around you and tell me.

Guest Jacfsing2

No, but do link the Katha if it's available online. This theory indirectly says that Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji isn't the Guru, and exactly which Brahmgyanis would you pick? Even Baba Buddha isn't Guru Sahib nor were the Sahibzade.

Guest Jacfsing2
16 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Don't fall for the, "They're remaining gupt" line, because i assure you, their role is not to sit quietly behind closed doors for the benefit of a handful of sycophants to feel special about themselves. 

This: :clap:

When Guru Sahib was just a child people could tell he was something else, he was not some shy kid who was just going to stay put: he was writing Gurbani and probably completed Japji Sahib before the 3 days river story many people think was his enlightenment. He was born enlightened and didn't need anyone telling him how to get there, (unlike Paapis like myself).

15 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

This: :clap:

When Guru Sahib was just a child people could tell he was something else, he was not some shy kid who was just going to stay put: he was writing Gurbani and probably completed Japji Sahib before the 3 days river story many people think was his enlightenment. He was born enlightened and didn't need anyone telling him how to get there, (unlike Paapis like myself).

To be fair there were many even in those days who failed to recognise the divinity of Guru Sahibs. The sakhi of Guru Tegh Bahadhur's ascension to the gaddi is a prime example of that, but eventually, through Guru Sahibs' words and actions, people came to realise the truth.

I don't think you guys quite get what its meant. Guru Nanak can be anyone he wants, Guru Gobind Singh Ji is still out there. So Guru Nanak coming again in the form of Brahmgyanis isn't at all far-fetched. They established their panth and gave the Gurgaddi to Guru Granth Sahib Ji, do you really think they'd just go back to Sachkhand and just let people run rampant? abandon their kids?

Even Guru Nanak Dev Ji didn't leave for Sachkhand till a couple of days after Guru Angad Dev Ji took over, if anyone asked them who would be Guru who do you think they'd point to?

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

No, but do link the Katha if it's available online. This theory indirectly says that Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji isn't the Guru, and exactly which Brahmgyanis would you pick? Even Baba Buddha isn't Guru Sahib nor were the Sahibzade.

No it doesn't. Sukhmani Sahib says that Brahmgyanis are God themselves, not a single one of them asks people to worship them or call them Guru. All of them directed people to Gurbani. Sant Baba Harnam Singh Ji used to get visitations from Guru Gobind Singh Ji daily, he used to write about it in a journal but  he kept that journal hidden. One of the Singhs in his household found it and read it, Baba Ji was so upset he told the Singh never to repeat what he read and destroyed it. For People like us these types of beings could be Guru Nanak, we may never know. 

Guest Jacfsing2
4 minutes ago, Kira said:

I don't think you guys quite get what its meant. Guru Nanak can be anyone he wants, Guru Gobind Singh Ji is still out there. So Guru Nanak coming again in the form of Brahmgyanis isn't at all far-fetched. They established their panth and gave the Gurgaddi to Guru Granth Sahib Ji, do you really think they'd just go back to Sachkhand and just let people run rampant? abandon their kids?

Even Guru Nanak Dev Ji didn't leave for Sachkhand till a couple of days after Guru Angad Dev Ji took over, if anyone asked them who would be Guru who do you think they'd point to?

No it doesn't. Sukhmani Sahib says that Brahmgyanis are God themselves, not a single one of them asks people to worship them or call them Guru. All of them directed people to Gurbani. Sant Baba Harnam Singh Ji used to get visitations from Guru Gobind Singh Ji daily, he used to write about it in a journal but  he kept that journal hidden. One of the Singhs in his household found it and read it, Baba Ji was so upset he told the Singh never to repeat what he read and destroyed it. For People like us these types of beings could be Guru Nanak, we may never know. 

There could be a possibility, but again if O.P. can post the katha or article then at least I can understand what they meant.

Just now, Kira said:

I don't think you guys quite get what its meant. Guru Nanak can be anyone he wants, Guru Gobind Singh Ji is still out there. So Guru Nanak coming again in the form of Brahmgyanis isn't at all far-fetched. 

But the way the followers of these modern day claimants have interpreted it is to suggest that their Baba of choice is a Guru reborn, as if there's unfinished business they couldn't sort out the previous time. 

Even then the claim is questionable, because it inadvertently reflects badly on our Guru Sahibs. Why? Well, say that for argument's sake Guru Gobind Singh Ji is reborn, and he's a modern day elderly Baba somewhere in Milton Keynes who's had his son's garage converted into a dera where the sangat come to pay their respects. Are you telling me that the universal brilliance of Dasme Patshaah's jot is so inconsequential and unnoticeable that he's content to wile away his days in this particular janam, blessing babies and newly married couples and doing ardasaa for ungrateful little idiots to get a well paid job after uni? Does that sound like the Dasme Paatshah we've been taught about? The poet, the warrior, the statesman?

We must think these things through. By accepting them, we think we're being loyal and respectful, but we're actually damaging so much. Yes, these individuals can be blessed by Guru Sahibs; some are even fortunate enough to be accompanied by Guru Sahibs when necessary. But if we're saying reborn, then i cannot believe that, because that kind of primal shakti and bhagti doesn't go unnoticed, or at least isn't limited to just a few lucky followers. They would reach out to all of us.

9 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

But the way the followers of these modern day claimants have interpreted it is to suggest that their Baba of choice is a Guru reborn, as if there's unfinished business they couldn't sort out the previous time. 

That's the Chelleh's problems lol. They could very well easily be there to guide and help out lost souls, God himself worked in a field for Bhagat Dhanna Ji. You'll notice all these stupid sayings start after the Sant or Mahapurkh departs this world.

Even then the claim is questionable, because it inadvertently reflects badly on our Guru Sahibs. Why? Well, say that for argument's sake Guru Gobind Singh Ji is reborn, and he's a modern day elderly Baba somewhere in Milton Keynes who's had his son's garage converted into a dera where the sangat come to pay their respects. Are you telling me that the universal brilliance of Dasme Patshaah's jot is so inconsequential and unnoticeable that he's content to wile away his days in this particular janam, blessing babies and newly married couples and doing ardasaa for ungrateful little idiots to get a well paid job after uni? Does that sound like the Dasme Paatshah we've been taught about? The poet, the warrior, the statesman?

That's the thing though, no Brahmgyani ever gives out any form of gyan like that. Think back to all the amount of spiritually lifted people we've seen, all of them are still alive in our memory. Guru Nanak was also a warrior, but Guru Harkrishan Ji wasn't. God has countless forms bro. Guru Nanak Dev Ji is just seen (even by the Guru Sahibs later on) as being the most primal even though they were one with him.

We must think these things through. By accepting them, we think we're being loyal and respectful, but we're actually damaging so much. Yes, these individuals can be blessed by Guru Sahibs; some are even fortunate enough to be accompanied by Guru Sahibs when necessary. But if we're saying reborn, then i cannot believe that, because that kind of primal shakti and bhagti doesn't go unnoticed, or at least isn't limited to just a few lucky followers. They would reach out to all of us.

I don't think Reborn is the proper term, more likely manifested is better. When someones consciousness merges with God they do become Guru Nanak as well, as Guru Nanak is God. They become one with everything, if we look at it that way then perhaps the "prophecy" (iv heard it but I never really had a chance to check it out so if OP would post it, it would be amazing) is simply stating that, that these souls will become one with God (thus being one with Guru Nanak himself as well) thus Guru Nanak is still here helping the lost souls of the world out.

Even the Bhagti of all the Sants in Sikhism, All of them don't go unnoticed. The amount of miracles and good deeds they did and the amount of people they touched is immense. 

8 minutes ago, Kira said:

That's the Chelleh's problems lol. They could very well easily be there to guide and help out lost souls, God himself worked in a field for Bhagat Dhanna Ji. You'll notice all these stupid sayings start after the Sant or Mahapurkh departs this world.

That's the thing though, no Brahmgyani ever gives out any form of gyan like that. Think back to all the amount of spiritually lifted people we've seen, all of them are still alive in our memory. Guru Nanak was also a warrior, but Guru Harkrishan Ji wasn't. God has countless forms bro. Guru Nanak Dev Ji is just seen (even by the Guru Sahibs later on) as being the most primal even though they were one with him.

I don't think Reborn is the proper term, more likely manifested is better. When someones consciousness merges with God they do become Guru Nanak as well, as Guru Nanak is God. They become one with everything, if we look at it that way then perhaps the "prophecy" (iv heard it but I never really had a chance to check it out so if OP would post it, it would be amazing) is simply stating that, that these souls will become one with God (thus being one with Guru Nanak himself as well) thus Guru Nanak is still here helping the lost souls of the world out.

Even the Bhagti of all the Sants in Sikhism, All of them don't go unnoticed. The amount of miracles and good deeds they did and the amount of people they touched is immense. 

I see where you're coming from. I also appreciate the distinctions you're making. I'd rather discuss these issues with someone such as yourself and arrive at a consensus, than with some of the unhinged chelleh, lol. 

In this instance how are we defining manifestation?