Jump to content
Guest Sukhi1

How many wife's did our guru's really have?

Recommended Posts

Just now, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Why can't a man dress up in rhinestone , diamonds or other kinds of brooches ? Whats the problem ?

I am sure Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj would find this idea quite ludicrous that his sikhs don't want to wear kalgi because he did.

Maharaj wanted his sikhs to be sovereign, and in likeness of him. He even bowed down to take amrit . He's chela too and a dutiful sikh is his guru . This is pyaar di khel I understand and respect that, but at the same time, if a man wanna dress up and makes him happy, then let us not create a fuss over it. unless he's trying to mimick something that Guru Gobind Singh ji did in his life.

Secondly , all grooms remove kalgi while in front of SGGS. So its not even an issue.

by your adorning yourself in such manner does it takes you closer of further away from MOH to this world?

By switching attention and staying santokhi in simple dress and concentrating on Guru ji instead -is this ai better choice or not?

think who your focus is on ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jkvlondon said:

by your adorning yourself in such manner does it takes you closer of further away from MOH to this world?

By switching attention and staying santokhi in simple dress and concentrating on Guru ji instead -is this ai better choice or not?

think who your focus is on ...

I respect your opinion whole heartedly but tell me , does being spiritual mean we do complete tyaag of worldly things ?

how far should we stretch our "simpleness" ?

should do tyaag of cinemas , tasty food , family outings , fashion , desires , etc etc ??

I believe we can wear things and enjoy things as long as we don't let the mud stick to us. And THAT TBH is very very tough for someone who's not a spiritual master. 

I totally relate everything you say , but my mind wavers a lot . There's this internal battle between materialism and spirituality 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I respect your opinion whole heartedly but tell me , does being spiritual mean we do complete tyaag of worldly things ?

how far should we stretch our "simpleness" ?

should do tyaag of cinemas , tasty food , family outings , fashion , desires , etc etc ??

I believe we can wear things and enjoy things as long as we don't let the mud stick to us. And THAT TBH is very very tough for someone who's not a spiritual master. 

I totally relate everything you say , but my mind wavers a lot . There's this internal battle between materialism and spirituality 

we are supposed to be mindful of the effect of things on us , if we are watching something is it making us full of kaam, irkha, or nafarat, krodh. Sure we can appreciate food/drink but if it makes us ill , full of bad soch or lobhi then it is no good to us . Same with family enjoy them and be there for them but still work on the basis this all is temporary and work on ourselves. It is hard but necessary else we'll lose the point of life  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

we are supposed to be mindful of the effect of things on us , if we are watching something is it making us full of kaam, irkha, or nafarat, krodh. Sure we can appreciate food/drink but if it makes us ill , full of bad soch or lobhi then it is no good to us . Same with family enjoy them and be there for them but still work on the basis this all is temporary and work on ourselves. It is hard but necessary else we'll lose the point of life  

 

Again I agree, but I wonder sometimes "Will it become a boring life ?" 

Oh well, why do I even ask . Why not try living it , atleast for a while , isn't it ?

The more we indulge in world , the more we find in its tentacles.

But then again , what if you did tyaag maximum, but then in old age regret all the things you didn't enjoy ?

Do nuns regret they turned old virgins and never got a man to touch them ? I , being a guy who feels very very strong desire for handsome men, would definitely not want to die without ever being in the warm embrace of a loving man. Men are too beautiful a creation of god .  I can't even understand how religious ppl can even give up intimacy for lifetime ?

Perhaps its all a big illusion, but tell me , its very tough I guess to ride on a track whose one rail is spirituality and other is materialistic joys of the world . 

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Again I agree, but I wonder sometimes "Will it become a boring life ?" 

Oh well, why do I even ask . Why not try living it , atleast for a while , isn't it ?

The more we indulge in world , the more we find in its tentacles.

But then again , what if you did tyaag maximum, but then in old age regret all the things you didn't enjoy ?

Do nuns regret they turned old virgins and never got a man to touch them ? I , being a guy who feels very very strong desire for handsome men, would definitely not want to die without ever being in the warm embrace of a loving man. I can't even understand how they can even give up love for life ?

Perhaps its all a big illusion, but tell me , its very tough I guess to ride on a track whose one rail is spirituality and other is materialistic joys of the world . 

not boring unless you don't get out there ...I mean you could take time out and do sewa abroad , fund raise by doing some challenges, find love in helping children abandoned by the world loads of stuff , all it takes is imagination.

problem with nuns is they have to give up their families and freedom in a symbolic marriage to 'jesus'    whereas priests are free to have ties to their folks . Both are told to be celibate but this is not something  their Guru told them but a manmade church.  that's why the nuns becoming embittered as they go through life . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

not boring unless you don't get out there ...I mean you could take time out and do sewa abroad , fund raise by doing some challenges, find love in helping children abandoned by the world loads of stuff , all it takes is imagination.

problem with nuns is they have to give up their families and freedom in a symbolic marriage to 'jesus'    whereas priests are free to have ties to their folks . Both are told to be celibate but this is not something  their Guru told them but a manmade church.  that's why the nuns becoming embittered as they go through life . 

perhaps why they become VALAK nuns ? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/09/2017 at 3:42 AM, Sukhvirk1976 said:

This is the most ridiculous response to a most ridiculous question.. Basically if you can't elevate your intellect to provide a reasonable response better to just shut up 

And you are? Yeah. Sit back down. Respond to the post or stfu. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Guest Jagsaw_Singh
      That's the second time you mentioned the name Zakir Nalik. Who is he and, more importantly, why is he so important to you that you need to keep mentioning his name to us ?  Is he a long lost homosexual love of yours that you can't stop mentioning? Who is he MrDoaba ? Because I find you hideously dull MrDoaba, not to mention a mental midget, I wouldn't be seen dead on one of your threads. I'd feel embarrassed even being seen to associate with the muppet that pays for online DNA test scams and then tells the world about it.....So what keeps bringing you to mine all day every day ?  You're about as welcome on my thread as a genital wart on a sunny day and the stigma of having the low IQ dufus that paid good money to have a fake online DNA test done is difficult to shake off. So, just out of interest, why on earth are you here on my thread joining in on my discussions that I instigated and furthered ?  It just seems so retarded to repeatedly go onto someone's discussion thread just to tell them how rubbish their discussion is. Of course the retardness was well demonstrated with the online DNA test scam you fell for but your constant appearance on a thread on which you're neither welcome nor have anything to add except dull one dimensional children's wiki-pedia type utterings has taken retard to a whole new level. Why do you keep coming back ?
    • Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh you should just do ardas from your heart as your focus was in the akali bani 
×