5 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

What legal case are you fighting? Why did You go to prison? What false accusations have been placed on you ? Did you bring a lot of money or gold with you which they have kept?

divorce case...and domestic violence case am fighting...did not go to prison...yes had bought lot of gold jewellery..milni jewellery..milni clothes gifts..cash also..my cousin brother gave them cash and spent money on the marriage...like a normal indian punjabi wedding..my mother in law was not happy with our gifts and i gave all my shagun to my husband,he kept all the money and used it for spending on me..like buying new clothes..toiletries etc...we never went outside home..only few times i was taken to grocery store for buying household items..otherwise always at home..

42 minutes ago, HBSingh said:

divorce case...and domestic violence case am fighting...did not go to prison...yes had bought lot of gold jewellery..milni jewellery..milni clothes gifts..cash also..my cousin brother gave them cash and spent money on the marriage...like a normal indian punjabi wedding..my mother in law was not happy with our gifts and i gave all my shagun to my husband,he kept all the money and used it for spending on me..like buying new clothes..toiletries etc...we never went outside home..only few times i was taken to grocery store for buying household items..otherwise always at home..

Should never have given them so much gold jewellery or cash, even milni jewellery, oh dear. Thought all that stopped, the milni gifting. 

8 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Should never have given them so much gold jewellery or cash, even milni jewellery, oh dear. Thought all that stopped, the milni gifting. 

These things are still being practised by greedy people bhenji. Lots of my relatives complain about these practises.

17 hours ago, HBSingh said:

no such experience apart from the fact we had Anand Karaj, Guru nu hazar nazar rakh ke 4 laavan littiyan sii.... and he is my world..i have no one else....where shud i go...the promises made in front of Guru Granth Sahib ji... what about those...?? so everything was a lie... then...if ..dunno... been through too much...lines have been blurred..it will be shame for my family and for me to be divorced...and to go through all this...

sister we marry ourselves to Akal Purakh not another human the deal is we agree to be sangat for that person and they us , but, your human husband wasn't up to the task whereas your spiritual husband is still waiting for you to make your moves towards Him. There is a kahavat 'jis ka koi nahin hai, usska rabb hi sab kuch hai'. The shame is not yours you did no wrong so do not think that way .

8 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

sister we marry ourselves to Akal Purakh not another human the deal is we agree to be sangat for that person and they us , but, your human husband wasn't up to the task whereas your spiritual husband is still waiting for you to make your moves towards Him. There is a kahavat 'jis ka koi nahin hai, usska rabb hi sab kuch hai'. The shame is not yours you did no wrong so do not think that way .

Nice penji. 

On Sunday, April 09, 2017 at 11:42 PM, HBSingh said:

i wish i could forget..but this marriage has made me currently homeless in a foreign country..no money..no home..grateful to senior citizens of Sikh community to give me shelter....food...but this is causing me mental stress..life was much more bearable with abuse living with him..now its as if i am beggar...atleast there i used to cook..clean..do household chores and be abused(i realised after being thrown out..told by others that it was domestic violence)..there was familiarity... no unknown place to live..grateful still..at least have a roof and food given to me ...people took me in...but so many legal issues to take care of now...uncertainity of future..raising money from community..never felt so helpless... confused..as i dont want to be a divorced women..back home in India..its a shame on family name..on me.. already people are gossiping...some ladies in Gurudwara sangat told me to go back to my husband saying such things happen,,i should adjust..i was adjusting till date...no one was listening to me when i told what i was going through..my aunts told me to bear it all..be a good wife..daughter in law..sister in law...bear everything with humility..i tried and now am thrown out..people who have sheltered me are my inlaws family friends..they say i am out of that house..i am saved...but this society does not let me live..i was never taken out of home to go to even Gurudwara in 6 months of marriage..hardly went there 3or 4 time...not allowed to talk to anyone..or speak..was just doing household chores from morning till midnight...atleast i thought i had a husband..now...am a women who has been thrown out...my emotions are strung and mentally am breaking out as my husband and his family are saying i should not be staying in this city..soo many complications..threats..they are not listening to anybody..i wish i could also forget that day when i was slapped by my father in law...i cant still get over the shock..

Plz.tell.us what state in.the.USA?  Im from the UsA.so might be able.to.help. Also there are woman shelters u can call for help. You can google.the one.nearest ur location. I think if u could become independent it would help get ur mind out of past and stress. I dont know of u can get a job with your legal status. But u shud try

• 1 month later...

today my husband divorced me....i have nothing more to say then cry....people from our commuity who have given me shelter are trying to cheer me up saying that i have been rescued...but i thought there was no concept of divorce in sikhi especially for amritdhaari sikhs

21 minutes ago, HBSingh said:

today my husband divorced me....i have nothing more to say then cry....people from our commuity who have given me shelter are trying to cheer me up saying that i have been rescued...but i thought there was no concept of divorce in sikhi especially for amritdhaari sikhs

3 minutes ago, HBSingh said:

feeling drowned ....sad...just got divorced....

Sorry to hear this penji. Waheguru is your support, don't ever forget that. 

May Waheguru keep you strong and that with time you will heal.