10 minutes ago, sikhni777 said:

These things are still being practised by greedy people bhenji. Lots of my relatives complain about these practises.

Very sad. 

On Sunday, April 09, 2017 at 11:42 PM, HBSingh said:

i wish i could forget..but this marriage has made me currently homeless in a foreign country..no money..no home..grateful to senior citizens of Sikh community to give me shelter....food...but this is causing me mental stress..life was much more bearable with abuse living with him..now its as if i am beggar...atleast there i used to cook..clean..do household chores and be abused(i realised after being thrown out..told by others that it was domestic violence)..there was familiarity... no unknown place to live..grateful still..at least have a roof and food given to me ...people took me in...but so many legal issues to take care of now...uncertainity of future..raising money from community..never felt so helpless... confused..as i dont want to be a divorced women..back home in India..its a shame on family name..on me.. already people are gossiping...some ladies in Gurudwara sangat told me to go back to my husband saying such things happen,,i should adjust..i was adjusting till date...no one was listening to me when i told what i was going through..my aunts told me to bear it all..be a good wife..daughter in law..sister in law...bear everything with humility..i tried and now am thrown out..people who have sheltered me are my inlaws family friends..they say i am out of that house..i am saved...but this society does not let me live..i was never taken out of home to go to even Gurudwara in 6 months of marriage..hardly went there 3or 4 time...not allowed to talk to anyone..or speak..was just doing household chores from morning till midnight...atleast i thought i had a husband..now...am a women who has been thrown out...my emotions are strung and mentally am breaking out as my husband and his family are saying i should not be staying in this city..soo many complications..threats..they are not listening to anybody..i wish i could also forget that day when i was slapped by my father in law...i cant still get over the shock..

Plz.tell.us what state in.the.USA?  Im from the UsA.so might be able.to.help. Also there are woman shelters u can call for help. You can google.the one.nearest ur location. I think if u could become independent it would help get ur mind out of past and stress. I dont know of u can get a job with your legal status. But u shud try

• Like 1

today my husband divorced me....i have nothing more to say then cry....people from our commuity who have given me shelter are trying to cheer me up saying that i have been rescued...but i thought there was no concept of divorce in sikhi especially for amritdhaari sikhs

21 minutes ago, HBSingh said:

today my husband divorced me....i have nothing more to say then cry....people from our commuity who have given me shelter are trying to cheer me up saying that i have been rescued...but i thought there was no concept of divorce in sikhi especially for amritdhaari sikhs

3 minutes ago, HBSingh said:

feeling drowned ....sad...just got divorced....

Sorry to hear this penji. Waheguru is your support, don't ever forget that. 

May Waheguru keep you strong and that with time you will heal. 

God's plan for you is much greater than being a house slave to a psycho. You should be happy and celebrate. Time will heal you snd always pray for help in meeting a better person in the future. One day you will look back and say.... if only I knew..... then I would not have been sad.

• Like 1

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO..I CANT STOP CRYING..I STILL LOVE MY EX HUSBAND..I GOT DIVORCED TODAY..I AM IN PAIN..WHAT SHOULD I DO

You should do perhaps sukhmani sahib path or any other which appeals to you. Take your mind off things perhaps with a book of some sort. It's easier for us to give advice. IIf you feel that you need to cry go on and let it all out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBSingh said:

My head is hurting...dont know...whom do i talk to today??

Hello. Are u ok? Write down all the positive and negative things about your relationship.  Call ur parents, siblings, or friends to talk. If cant get counseling 

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, HBSingh said:

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO..I CANT STOP CRYING..I STILL LOVE MY EX HUSBAND..I GOT DIVORCED TODAY..I AM IN PAIN..WHAT SHOULD I DO

You move on. Get some counseling. Understand that the love is not going to appreciated and it's completely one-sided. What I recommend is some help.

If you feel really down, then writing down every detail of your story might help you look at it as if it happened to a different person.  Also you are facing yourself. .. so you will be better at analysing your feelings. It might help you get a grip on yourself sooner. Just get pen and paper and put down your feelings.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.