SantSapai

Dhumalla Sweat Stains

14 posts in this topic

Gurfateh Ji,

Genuine question:

How does one remove sweat stains from their dastaar material?

I tie a dhumalla sahib (blue in colour) and the crossed larhs (over the ears) and the chand lahr (across the forehead) stain with sweat. (Please note, I don't have excessive sweat issues lol).

I have tried hand washing and machine washing with different modes but they're still visible. 

Anyone experience the same issues?

Any solutions?

Thank you.

Vaheguru!

Edited by SantSapai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SantSapai said:

Gurdateh Ji,

Genuine question:

How does one remove sweat stains from their dastaar material?

I tie a dhumalla sahib (blue in colour) and the crossed larhs (over the ears) and the chand lahr (across the forehead) stain with sweat. (Please note, I don't have excessive sweat issues lol).

I have tried hand washing and machine washing with different modes but they're still visible. 

Anyone experience the same issues?

Any solutions?

Thank you.

Vaheguru!

Do you exercise with a Dumalla on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Do you exercise with a Dumalla on?

No.

I am talking just general day to day.

Thank you.

Vaheguru!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SantSapai said:

No.

I am talking just general day to day.

Thank you.

Vaheguru!

 

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1452258

 

 

 

Take caution when using any of the methods above. 

 

 

Edited by simran345
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

non-bio usually has extra bleaching agents to tackle stains so will fade a dark dastar

My suggestion is liquid colour-friendly biological /delicates detergent and half cup of white vinegar ,wash as per normal , the smells and stain should be released from the material (another plus is the vinegar will help colour retention) . use lukewarm (kosa) water temp. Don't use lemon juice as may bleach when drying if hit by sun .

Edited by jkvlondon
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

non-bio usually has extra bleaching agents to tackle stains so will fade a dark dastar

My suggestion is liquid colour-friendly biological /delicates detergent and half cup of white vinegar ,wash as per normal , the smells and stain should be released from the material (another plus is the vinegar will help colour retention) . use lukewarm (kosa) water temp. Don't use lemon juice as may bleach when drying if hit by sun .

Yes I was thinking too about the non bio fading the colour. And the natural ingredient of vinegar would be better than the strong bleaching agents. 

I've amended my post and deleted the links as they seem OTT. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

non-bio usually has extra bleaching agents to tackle stains so will fade a dark dastar

My suggestion is liquid colour-friendly biological /delicates detergent and half cup of white vinegar ,wash as per normal , the smells and stain should be released from the material (another plus is the vinegar will help colour retention) . use lukewarm (kosa) water temp. Don't use lemon juice as may bleach when drying if hit by sun .

Vaheguru!

Thank you for this. I use the liquid non-bio Persil. I will try the colour friendly biological one with vinegar as per your suggestion.

A quick question though, when adding the white vinegar, do you add it into the actual machine (where the clothes go) or where the liquid goes?

Much appreciated.

Edited by SantSapai
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i was young and i relied on my mum to do the washing, she use to put some washing powder (non-bio) in a bucket with warm water and soak the pagh for an hour or two and then rinse in cold water and just hand them to dry, i still do this, might seem a little old skool but it does the trick and the material tends to fade less, it also depends on the material you use, i use f-74 mal mal so you have to be a little more careful because it's not has heavy as other materials.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SantSapai said:

Vaheguru!

Thank you for this. I use the liquid non-bio Persil. I will try the colour friendly biological one with vinegar as per your suggestion.

A quick question though, when adding the white vinegar, do you add it into the actual machine (where the clothes go) or where the liquid goes?

Much appreciated.

use the shortest wash cycle on your machine temp 30 or less if possible .I've been using persil purple for years in our home with no spoiling of colours , add the vinegar in with the detergent liquid. If you still have problems Mr Muscle SHOUT stain remover is the next step , this is my go to for all kinds of stains as it doesn't damage fabric or colours . I'm guessing your are talking about about salt tide marks on your dastar , my bro used to have the same problem when he was working in a hot environment .

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

use the shortest wash cycle on your machine temp 30 or less if possible .I've been using persil purple for years in our home with no spoiling of colours , add the vinegar in with the detergent liquid. If you still have problems Mr Muscle SHOUT stain remover is the next step , this is my go to for all kinds of stains as it doesn't damage fabric or colours . I'm guessing your are talking about about salt tide marks on your dastar , my bro used to have the same problem when he was working in a hot environment .

Vaheguru!

Thank you for the tips.

I will put this into action on the next wash.

Vaheguru!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SantSapai said:

Vaheguru!

Thank you for the tips.

I will put this into action on the next wash.

Vaheguru!

 

No problems veer ji 

another tip if you are washing more than one dastar at a time get some laundry mesh bags to keep them from wrapping and knotting around each other in the machine .

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/04/2017 at 8:31 AM, jkvlondon said:

No problems veer ji 

another tip if you are washing more than one dastar at a time get some laundry mesh bags to keep them from wrapping and knotting around each other in the machine .

Gurfateh Penji,

I thought I would let you know (credit where it's due etc) that your tip with the Persil colour and vinegar has worked very well.

Thakn you. It's much appreciated.

Akaal!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SantSapai said:

Gurfateh Penji,

I thought I would let you know (credit where it's due etc) that your tip with the Persil colour and vinegar has worked very well.

Thakn you. It's much appreciated.

Akaal!!

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa , Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

glad to hear Veer ji , it's good to have tools for all eventualities (works well with sweaty sports kit too)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Rumour has it Musharraf owns the Ilford towers too : http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pakistan-pm-made-millions-in-uk-1179392.html  
    • Actually you will find that areas like East ham, ilford, seven kings - were Sikh majority areas till the mid  90's . Then when the Pakistanis saw an opening to buy some of (Sikh or white owned) businesses they just spread like wildfire. The same was for southall - till around 1991. Issue there is most of the leases of the shops are in Sikh hands, in east London its practically all Pakistani / Bangladeshi. Some of my rlatives in forest gate were offered straight cash prices for their houses - this is around 1992/3. Fault lies with some of our people - they just saw the financial incentive - now they regret it. Ask your self does a Musallman sell to a non muslim, especially a Sikh ?
    • Pre-emptive war is never a good idea, maybe these aliens could assist us in some way. But if they were going to be the first to discover aliens, many people throughout time have already claimed such things. Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji went to other planets.
    • You are in 7th grade, and expecting what from a crush? You just reached puberty most likely, so almost everything your feeling is probably just hormonal. At your age you'll probably have 100s of crushes by the time your done with your education, you just had your first crush later than most people. In the very best case scenario, she might think you're attractive as well, but if you are going to be having relationships, it won't really help any of you, since this age is hormonal changes.  If in the future she does become your future wife, that will happen then with Guru Sahib making it happen, but for now, focus on something that makes you happy, (and if you can't control your feelings, try not being to close to her). Do your Bhagti and Amrit Velas, some Seva and grow with Guru Sahib. 😇