• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Some more Home Truths

157 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Surely it wasnt an anand karaj? I really doubt that when  sikhs r protesting interfaith marriages that they will allow gay marriages to occur unchallenged in a gurudwara? 

It doesn't look like an anand karaj, but still a dastaar wearing dude, marrying er....a dude......

Thing is, my view is if you're a dude and you're into dudes, that's your choice, what has a dastar got to do with it? And what is the meaning of going through with a marriage? What does it mean?

Re the 'Someone has started a petition to allow Women to administer Amrit sanchar' thread on the main page:

Sangat ji, there is a reason why five men do Amrit sanchaar seva. It's tradition

It's also 'tradition', my friend, to pay my respects to my great great grandfathers at their Jathera tomb, throw my first few drops of drink at the ground to quench my forefathers thirst before mine, kill any unborn baby girl and force your grown up children to marry who YOU want them to marry. Tradition, by very nature, is bad 80% of the time and good only 20% of the time. Our Gurus taught us that we could come out of the darkness and into the light by breaking with 'what was considered 'tradition'. They taught us that 'tradition' without meaning and reason was like a shackle around our souls and minds. You want to argue a point you should come out with some reasoning. Don't argue that you're right because of 'tradition'.

This is not right tbh. Even if one woman offered her head to Maharaja, today it would have been 1 woman n 4 men. EVEN IF 5 WOMEN OFFERED only then today it would have been 100% okay that only women must initiate amrit.

BUT FIVE SINGHS STOOD UP. FIVE MEN! All ten Gurus gave MEN AND WOMEN every right to be in sangat, sit on thabya to do prayers from SGGS! Make Gurudwara decisions EVERY RIGHT AS MEN!

:hairan: I cannot believe the amount of times on this site I see and hear people born in the west with all the first class education the west has to offer, come out with reasoning that belongs in the 17th century from one that has never had the opportunity to attend school.

Let me ask you something ?  Whenever you put the India news on the TV and they show a demonstration or gathering have you not noticed that it appears to be a crowd that is 90% male and hardly a female face to be seen ?  And this is 2017.   Now put yourself back in 1699...a time when the Muslim culture in Punjab was easily the largest and most predominant. When a large open air gathering or demonstration was occurring just how many women do you think, as per the culture of that time, would be present at such places ?

Now think about that for one moment: Social, political and geographic evidence of history tells you that women would not be present in any meaningful numbers at the Khalsa initiation in 1699 and yet you still choose to justify the exclusion of women on the grounds that the 5 that stepped up were all male.

Its shocking but from my interaction in the UK its a very widely held belief among seemingly educated young Sikhs in the UK. I've had similar conversations with people in Canada and you'll seldom hear such backward reasoning from people there.

What makes this thought doubly ironic is that what Sri Gobind Singh ji started that day was equality at a time of deep inequality and yet here we are in 2017 with western born and educated Sikhs using the coincidental and systematic inequality of that date and time in 1699 as a reason to justify more inequality.  :hairan:  Personally, I blame the general low standard of our current crop of too many parcharaks for both planting unpadh thoughts in people's minds and also discouraging educated independent thought (which they do to discourage you from questioning them)

Re; The 'We are Sikhs Campaign by Sikhs in America' thread on the main page :

This is a difficult one to comment on because one has to step inside the shoes of a Sikh in america and appreciate the unique and frankly delatarious situation they find themselves. Whilst taking their situation into account however, one has to be honest with oneself and point out to them that there rallying cry of 'American values are Sikh values' is not true. In fact it is a damn lie.

It is not a 'Sikh' value to lock up (take away the freedom)  more of it's citizens than any other country in the history of the world (so much for the 'land of the free')

It is not a 'Sikh' value to ensure there are more young 18 year black males in prison than there are in College.

It is not a 'Sikh' value to have capital punishment (even during the Khalsa Raj in Punjab hundreds of years ago the Sikhs were enlightened enough to rid itself of such a barbaric practice) (the USA is the only developed nation on earth that still has it)

America, is in essence a 1st world nation with a 3rd world mentality. So whilst I can understand the sentiment of American Sikhs in trying to appease a country that still practices 3rd world type nationalism and flag waving the rest of the worldwide Sikhs have to quietly admit that 'No'....Sikhs values most definately are NOT American values.

9 hours ago, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

Re; The 'We are Sikhs Campaign by Sikhs in America' thread on the main page :

This is a difficult one to comment on because one has to step inside the shoes of a Sikh in america and appreciate the unique and frankly delatarious situation they find themselves. Whilst taking their situation into account however, one has to be honest with oneself and point out to them that there rallying cry of 'American values are Sikh values' is not true. In fact it is a damn lie.

It is not a 'Sikh' value to lock up (take away the freedom)  more of it's citizens than any other country in the history of the world (so much for the 'land of the free')

It is not a 'Sikh' value to ensure there are more young 18 year black males in prison than there are in College.

It is not a 'Sikh' value to have capital punishment (even during the Khalsa Raj in Punjab hundreds of years ago the Sikhs were enlightened enough to rid itself of such a barbaric practice) (the USA is the only developed nation on earth that still has it)

America, is in essence a 1st world nation with a 3rd world mentality. So whilst I can understand the sentiment of American Sikhs in trying to appease a country that still practices 3rd world type nationalism and flag waving the rest of the worldwide Sikhs have to quietly admit that 'No'....Sikhs values most definately are NOT American values.

Never thought I'd agree with this guy, but hell.....I've heard if you live long enough, you get to see everything. 

The only value that Sikh share with the yanks is the right to bear arms, but we gave that up after the Brits conquered us. 

Re; the 'Evil scummy White Chavs' thread on the main page :

There's some really low intellect level thoughts going on in that thread, mostly from 'SuperKaur'.

Lets start with the basics: Who is a 'racist' ?    I can tell you that it's not the people you think.  The common man on the street that displays verbal and physical prejudice towards non-white people is not the racist. He is simply a man with prejudice. True racism is 'Prejudice + Power', The working class prejudiced man and woman have zero power. The people with power (politicians, bankers etc) take his money, take his job, offer his children sub-standard education, price him out of a home, house him in unsafe public housing which then burns and kills him. But he's taught to never think straight. The people that robbed him of a decent life turn to him and say : "it's those darkies over there who are to blame for your predicament" "its those immigrants who have ruined your life and future". The working class man and woman is simply a tool in the real racist's game. The 'game' they've been playing succesfully for many centuries both at home and in the 'empire': The divide and rule game. Pit white against non-white, pit brown against black, pit hindu against sikh, pit sikh against muslim. They get us to fight and hate each other so we never become conscious enough to notice how they are robbing the nation (our children's future) blind. THAT's the racist. He doesn't come with a shaven head, tattoos and doc marten boots. He comes with a crisp suit, a friendly smile and a certificate that says he regularly attends and passes diversity and inclusion courses and workshops. The man with prejudice AND power is the racist. The rest are just pawns in his game.   Please.....refuse to play in his game.

Re; the 'Sikh Women and Alcohol Addiction' thread on the main page:

Like a lot of things with women. The stigma of being perceived is more important than doing the action itself.

Typical punjabi tarts

blaming everyone apart from themselves

Hmmm  :/

but the problem is mostly involved in the desire to fight this problem through will-power. No body will solve anything by mere will-power alone

Well now. It's not all a question of the mind. There is thing called nature. Our natural bodies tell us what we should and should not be doing and what's bad for Barinder is not necessarily bad for Barry. The body and mind are related. To conquer the mind one has to first understand one's body.

The real question then is this: If Punjabi girl Daljit is drinking only a quarter of what white girl Sharon is drinking why is it that Daljit's body starts showing signs of alcoholism whilst Sharon's doesn't ?

The answer is because, as a Punjabi, the red cell distribution width, the percentages of HbA1a+b, HbA1c and total HbA1 in red cell lysates and the activities of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, aspartate aminotransferase and alanine aminotransferase in the serum are all significantly higher in Daljit compared to the white European Sharon. Science then, says Daljit (and her Punjabi male counterparts) is far more susceptible to alcohol-related liver damage and acetaldehyde-mediated haemoglobin modification than Sharon (and her white male counterparts). 

What Daljit should have done then before she ever picked up her first glass of wine was to know herself. Firstly, of course, she should have looked in the mirror and realised she wasn't white. Secondly, she should have educated herself about who she is, what her DNA as a Punjabi Sikh is. That way, she would have understood what amazing things she is capable of as well as what her shortcomings are.

What the rest of needed to do was to be educated enough to understand that 'alcohol' per se, is not the problem. i.e. we should not be giving lectures to others about 'alcohol' because we should remember that even large amounts of alcohol is not detrimental to some races. We need to however, give ourselves lectures about alcohol....and even have the constant quiet word with ourselves about it. Alcohol is a killer for us...as it is also for Aborigines and native americans, not because alcohol itself is evil but because our bodies (as south Asians) make it a killer.

Moral of the story ?   Education not lectures is the key to stopping more Daljit Kaurs.

1 person likes this

Re the 'Punjabi Girls Bad Behaviour' thread on the main page :

Hammertime, you said:

It's the middle class librials and political elite that have created these dumps,  with excessive immigration from 2000-2010. Now they can live in the slum they created. Recent immigrants some of whom are uncivilised scum are the ones who go round dumping fridges,  sofas etc on the streets.  They should dump their rubbish where the politicians and middle class librials live and see how they like it. 

I agree that Hounslow and Southall is now home to tens of thousands of 'undesirables' and even 'very undesirables' but I don't think you, Hammertime, have even a basic grasp of where they came from. Go to Hounslow and talk to them. As them where they came from and they will tell you. They came from inner-city London areas. They, along with many tens of thousands of others, have been part of the social-cleansing policies of inner London boroughs whereby the rich inner London boroughs get to dump (force out) poorer sections of their constituents on outer London boroughs by coming to financial arrangements with those outer boroughs such as Hounslow etc. They (boroughs like Kensington and Chelsea) pay boroughs like Hounslow, Ealing, Harrow etc a lot of money to take them. Its a lot of money but, given the price of property in inner London, it's peanuts compared to how much those inner London boroughs go on to make from selling those former council owned properties in those prime locations. These social-cleansing policies  are the things that the 'liberals' you hate so much have been trying to highlight and fight against. It is your friends on the right who do them. These people and their children had jobs, schools and friends in the areas they lived in. They didn't want to live out in Hounslow. They were forced there.  Get a grasp of what's going on around you hammertime...please.

Maybe chess was ok.

It's weird you should say that because I was just explaining to my son the other day how the 'Europeans' that play chess look down on us but yet don't even have enough knowledge to understand that they are speaing our words when they say 'Check Mate'.  The game, you see, originated in our part of the world and, in this game of war, it was game over once the King was dead. Our Punjabi word for king is Shah and our word for death is Mort , i,e Shah ek Mort.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor