Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Some more Home Truths

2 hours ago, Guest JagTROLL needsOxygen said:

Why is the resident pro-Pakistani sycophant Jagsaw Khan aka West London Khan being given a platform? This pro-Muslim Islamophilic troll despises Sikhs who are not Jatt but rejoices in telling us glorious stories relating to the religion promoting paedophilia and slavery (Islam). For many years this clown had been defending Muslim groomers and the Pakistani Genocide of Sikhs shamelessly 

Chill, bro. Lol at your renaming of Jagsaw to Jagsaw Khan. I agree that Jagsaw is dangerously Islamophilic at times, but at other times I enjoy his musings.

He has a platform to post just in this one thread. What's the problem, really? He's quite well contained, anybody that wants to avoid him is easily able to do so.

2 minutes ago, TejS said:

I guess I should have quoted my original post to make things flow better.

No worries.

2 minutes ago, TejS said:

It’s a great intellectual pursuit, however when one says that as a community we should all learn Farsi or when one says that Persian (and any foreign language) influences in vernacular Punjabi should stay is where I disagree. 

Before I address this, could you answer my question above? (About learning Latin)

7 minutes ago, BhForce said:

No worries.

Before I address this, could you answer my question above? (About learning Latin)

I think that if one wants to pursue learning Latin purely for educational purposes then they should go for it.

Edited by TejS
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TejS said:

I think that if one wants to pursue learning Latin purely for educational purposes then they should go for it.

So are we violently agreeing? :)

• Like 1

On 11/22/2017 at 8:27 PM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

There's a thin line between 'increasing your knowledge' and 'reducing your knowledge' fellas.

LOL

On 11/22/2017 at 8:27 PM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

'Martyr' taken from the language your own forefathers used to speak on the ancient soil of Punjab (the olde Punjabi word mritr) and yet here you are going on a wild 'balli' chase :hairan:

Never knew about mritr.But i will let u two gentlemen decide the true word for shaheed.I did some research on Bali and found that we use word Kurbani for Bali.

Edited by YOYO29

20 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

The Punjabi Muslim who reveres Sufiism is a dying breed. The majority now scoff at qawwali/sufi inspired music. Wahhabism prevails.

Sir I would differ here.Just have a look at all the sufi mausoleum  in Punjab esp Data Darbar in Lahore.Thousands visit it daily.Sure Wahhabism have got some success in Pak thanks to Saudi money pumped into Paki madrassas but by and large our society is predominantly sufi/brelwi. 

20 hours ago, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

YoYo they were making themselves look illiterate by confusing animal sacrifice with human martyrdom

my hindi/punjabi is not that great.I heard the word Balidaan in some indians movies wasn't sure it is exlusively used for animal sacrifice.Would an average Indian know about Kurbani ? 

19 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

A good example is clothing - many Indian and Pakistanis are now ditching the salwar kameez and kurta pajama in favour of the Arab jubba. A fickle bunch.

Well I live in Pakistan and i never came across someone wearing Jubba.But i can't speak for overseas Pakistanis.

23 minutes ago, YOYO29 said:

Sir I would differ here.Just have a look at all the sufi mausoleum  in Punjab esp Data Darbar in Lahore.Thousands visit it daily.Sure Wahhabism have got some success in Pak thanks to Saudi money pumped into Paki madrassas but by and large our society is predominantly sufi/brelwi. 

You are right in this respect, I guess I was referring to both the native Pakistanis and the diaspora. I have observed this internal debate between Pakistani Sunnis and Wahabis at close quarters, and honestly it turns into a p!ssing match. Who is the real Sunni and who is the fake - the traditionalists insist they are "real Sunnis", very sufi-centric and not overly fanatic, these people are usually die hard supporters of General Musharraf and defend the Laal Mosque incident with their lives. Here in the UK it goes beyond this, with both groups even refusing to pray Namaz behind eachothers Imams/Maulvis. The Deobandi/W@habi types obviously slam the others for following non-Islamic traditions, and they are gaining huge support.

If I remember correctly the slogan is something like: Deoband Deoband, nirra gandh nirra gandh.

In many ways, it's not too different between the splits we have over ideology in Sikhi.

Well I live in Pakistan and i never came across someone wearing Jubba.But i can't speak for overseas Pakistanis.

Again this is probably more prevalent in the west.

Would an average Indian know about Kurbani ?

Probably.

Kurban, Kurbani are both mentioned in Gurbani. We say it in the Ardas everyday:

"Gurdwaraiyan di seva layi kurbaaniyan kityaan"

Edited by MrDoaba

Guest Kaur 2
4 minutes ago, YOYO29 said:

many Indian and Pakistanis are now ditching the salwar kameez and kurta pajama

VJKK VJKF

Image result for nike headscarves

For this? Lol... :rofl:rofl 

VJKK VJKF

16 hours ago, Guest JagTROLL needsOxygen said:

Why is the resident pro-Pakistani sycophant Jagsaw Khan aka West London Khan being given a platform?

hey are u the same SheikhYoBooty ?

1 hour ago, YOYO29 said:

my hindi/punjabi is not that great.I heard the word Balidaan in some indians movies wasn't sure it is exlusively used for animal sacrifice.Would an average Indian know about Kurbani ? 

kurbani yep they watch bollywood ... but isn't  that the same problem arab/persian?

1 hour ago, YOYO29 said:

Balidaan is two words : Bali - sacrifice and Daan - charity.

Another word that could be used in place of Shaheed or Balidaan is "Tyag".

But Shaheed is overwhelmiingly used.

21 hours ago, TejS said:

I reiterate again that we need to purge only our vernacular of Perso-Arabic influences, and leave Gurbani as it is.

I would say that we need to use more panjabi centric words that exist and if they don't then there is nothing wrong in using loanwords. We use so many english words today. Even kathavachaks are using english in their programs.

What is the Panjabi words for socks?

42 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

kurbani yep they watch bollywood ... but isn't  that the same problem arab/persian?

u seem right....i should have thought of some shuddh urdu word lol

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.