Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Some more Home Truths

8 minutes ago, YOYO29 said:

bali like in balidaan ?

Haanji. Although this word is more associated with animal sacrifice, I do believe it can be used in place of shaheed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrDoaba said:

Haanji. Although this word is more associated with animal sacrifice, I do believe it can be used in place of shaheed.

thanks.increased my knowledge 

• Like 1

Guest Jagsaw_Singh
1 minute ago, YOYO29 said:

thanks.increased my knowledge 

There's a thin line between 'increasing your knowledge' and 'reducing your knowledge' fellas.

Think of it this way....English, French, German, Italian and Spanish use a word 'Martyr' taken from the language your own forefathers used to speak on the ancient soil of Punjab (the olde Punjabi word mritr) and yet here you are going on a wild 'balli' chase :hairan:

Guest london jwaan
5 hours ago, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

Funny to see how the 2 Indian agents have got together in a friendly embrace. :p with one of them not even realising he's just been groomed and 'friended' by our resident Indian.

Actually....not that it matters.....the mods here will tell you that I've had my rights to post on all pages for a long while now but choose to limit myself to my own thread. I actually like to observe the psychology behind how others see others based on assumptions. I find it really interesting on an intellectual level because I've observed how 90% of what a man has to say is either taken on board or ignored based purely on assumptions of his status. But...like I said...it doesn't matter. You go on thinking anything you want. It's fine.

Haha Jagsaw I can congratulate you on 2 fronts:

1) For confirming that anyone who sees your bevkoofi for what it is must be "an indian agent" or "not sikh" thanks for confirming your mental age of 3 and for confirming that your brain has been irreplaceabley damaged.

2) That you use specific words at random to try and give credibility or a a learned slant to your diahorrea. Words such as "intellectual level" in this post and in previous posts such as "officially", "proven" and then whip totally made up facts and statistics out of your anus to prove a point thats not there. Thanks for confirming your ignorance.

In the large your posts being ignored or rejected and being confirmed bukwwas are not because of your status, but on an "intellectual level" it is because its in the large extremist, fanatical unsubstantiated bukwwas that is in the large immature and pro islam. Your hyperbole and exaggeration is so idiotic the last time I saw something similar was at a Ronald McDonald kids party.

But I am intrigued, that you must be the only specimen in mankind who sepaks from his anus and defcates from his mouth. Unfortunately that extreta ends up dumped on this forum in this thread.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest Jagsaw_Singh
33 minutes ago, Guest london jwaan said:

Haha Jagsaw I can congratulate you on 2 fronts:

1) For confirming that anyone who sees your bevkoofi for what it is must be "an indian agent" or "not sikh" thanks for confirming your mental age of 3 and for confirming that your brain has been irreplaceabley damaged.

2) That you use specific words at random to try and give credibility or a a learned slant to your diahorrea. Words such as "intellectual level" in this post and in previous posts such as "officially", "proven" and then whip totally made up facts and statistics out of your anus to prove a point thats not there. Thanks for confirming your ignorance.

In the large your posts being ignored or rejected and being confirmed bukwwas are not because of your status, but on an "intellectual level" it is because its in the large extremist, fanatical unsubstantiated bukwwas that is in the large immature and pro islam. Your hyperbole and exaggeration is so idiotic the last time I saw something similar was at a Ronald McDonald kids party.

But I am intrigued, that you must be the only specimen in mankind who sepaks from his anus and defcates from his mouth. Unfortunately that extreta ends up dumped on this forum in this thread.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Message to my Sikh brothers and Sisters:  You know you're doing something right when the resident Hindu nationalistic gets so worked up he's foaming at the mouth like a dog with rabies B|

In the words of Pike: "they don't like it up 'em.....they don't like it up 'em".

Go to any Sikh forum and you'll find these Hindu agents. They have full-time job of disrupting Sikh discussions in order to steer all discussions away from criticism of India and towards abuse of Muslims. The modus operandi is to brutally obstruct by destruction any constructive discussion in which the idea of India and Hindus are not being spoken of in a positive light. It's a common M.O. of the Indians. On the internet it's just abuse after abuse after abuse but as Jagtar Singh (Jaggi) recently found out when he went to India to get married their venom and hatred of what's being said on the internet is so extreme they go to extraordinary lengths to track you down and torture you. I'm lucky.....I just get verbally abused by the right wing Indian. Others, sadly, ain't so fortunate. A recent article in the Washington Post proclaimed that the Indian Lobbying (and spying) industry in America and Europe was actually bigger and more sophisticated than Isreal. Jaggi didn't know that until he landed in India. So....always know that, as a Sikh, you know you're doing something right when you have them so riled up they are positively foaming at the mouth with rage like rabid dogs following you from thread to thread throwing abuse with the ultimate goal of breaking up each and every discussion where India and the Hindu version of history is questioned. "they don't like it up 'em" said Pikey.:p

The rest is up to you Sikhs out there now....Are you going to let the right wing Indian do as he always does (destroy a conversation stone dead by needlessly throwing abuse around for no reason) or shall we carry on where we left off before he jumped in with his profanities, i.e how the wonderous and beautifull all-knowing nature of Waheguru steered as, as people sitting in a western land, through the words 'shaheed' to the English word 'Martyr' that came from the Latin word 'Mertr' that came from the language our forefathers spoke thousands of years ago on the soil of Punjab 'mritr'...how adding an 'a' in that language made it the opposite...which then becomes Amrit: Life......i.e how his truly wonderous all-knowingness led us to Amrit....Life. He  really is truly wonderous.:waheguru:

6 hours ago, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

For example, our Punjabi word for bathroom is Gusulkhanna. The word Gusul is from the Koran and it means performing the ritual water purification before reading the Namaz.

Gusul is a far deeper ritual than the one performed before simply reading Namaz. Wuzu is in fact the purification used, and is done is a Wuzukhanna.

As for Gusulkhanna being used for bathroom, well most of rural Punjab didn't have bathrooms as we know them now. People would either bathe outdoors, in an open space i.e. behind a wall, or they would use a makeshift screen consisting of a manjha and chadar. Defecation was done out in the fields as we know. The was no single word used.

At religious sites, it is often referred to as Ishnaanghar.

11 minutes ago, MrDoaba said:

Gusul is a far deeper ritual than the one performed before simply reading Namaz. Wuzu is in fact the purification used, and is done is a Wuzukhanna.

As for Gusulkhanna being used for bathroom, well most of rural Punjab didn't have bathrooms as we know them now. People would either bathe outdoors, in an open space i.e. behind a wall, or they would use a makeshift screen consisting of a manjha and chadar. Defecation was done out in the fields as we know. The was no single word used.

At religious sites, it is often referred to as Ishnaanghar.

The word Wuzu is Persian derative of Wudhu and Namaz is the Persian for Salah.

The Persians had to find a way to purge the Arab words and find their own words.

In Pakistan, Muslims are being encouraged to say Allah Hafiz instead of Khuda Hafiz because Khuda is Persian and not Arab.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

There's a thin line between 'increasing your knowledge' and 'reducing your knowledge' fellas.

Think of it this way....English, French, German, Italian and Spanish use a word 'Martyr' taken from the language your own forefathers used to speak on the ancient soil of Punjab (the olde Punjabi word mritr) and yet here you are going on a wild 'balli' chase :hairan:

And what exactly is your point? Yes the word 'martyr' in current usage meaning sacrifice has an Indic root word. That doesn't mean the root word has the same connotations. 'mrit' doesn't necessarily mean sacrifice or martyrdom in the traditional sense.

1 minute ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The word Wuzu is Persian derative of Wudhu and Namaz is the Persian for Salah.

The Persians had to find a way to purge the Arab words and find their own words.

In Pakistan, Muslims are being encouraged to say Allah Hafiz instead of Khuda Hafiz because Khuda is Persian and not Arab.

I'm aware of this bro. The majority of Muslims I have spoken to still use the Persian derivative - one could still easily say Wudhukhanna as the two words do not differ much. My overall point was the one referring to the difference between Wudhu/Wuzu and Gusul.

Not just Pakistani Muslims, Indian Muslims have also started this trend of saying Allah Hafiz which is funny because everytime I've said 'Ramadhan', I've been corrected by the same people to say 'Ramzaan'. It's all due to the popularity of the Deobandi sect.

I do actually agree there should be some purging of Persian/Arabic words from Punjabi. Despite my views on Farsi, I actually prefer Sanskritized (or original) Punjabi, and regularly receive looks of suspicion when I replace a common word with the original. Today there is definite overuse of Arabic/Farsi where it is absolutely not necessary. The rise of Sufi singers like Satinder Sartaaj and Kanwar Grewal, and even the 'great' Gurdas Maan hasn't helped. Deras like Laddi Shah etc has had a detrimental effect on the youth.

To what extent would this purging occur though? There's a thin line between colloquial and religious language.

3 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

The word 'Bali' meaning sacrifice would be the equivalent.

balidan is not appropriate as it is sacrifice for a ritual...

1 hour ago, MrDoaba said:

I'm aware of this bro. The majority of Muslims I have spoken to still use the Persian derivative - one could still easily say Wudhukhanna as the two words do not differ much. My overall point was the one referring to the difference between Wudhu/Wuzu and Gusul.

Not just Pakistani Muslims, Indian Muslims have also started this trend of saying Allah Hafiz which is funny because everytime I've said 'Ramadhan', I've been corrected by the same people to say 'Ramzaan'. It's all due to the popularity of the Deobandi sect.

I do actually agree there should be some purging of Persian/Arabic words from Punjabi. Despite my views on Farsi, I actually prefer Sanskritized (or original) Punjabi, and regularly receive looks of suspicion when I replace a common word with the original. Today there is definite overuse of Arabic/Farsi where it is absolutely not necessary. The rise of Sufi singers like Satinder Sartaaj and Kanwar Grewal, and even the 'great' Gurdas Maan hasn't helped. Deras like Laddi Shah etc has had a detrimental effect on the youth.

To what extent would this purging occur though? There's a thin line between colloquial and religious language.

If they are in Gurbani, leave them where they are. However if in Gurbani there are other words that mean the same thing which we don't use, why not use them instead.

I would like to know what the percentage of Gurbani has Persian /Arabic vocabulary.

What would also be interesting is through the Gurbani from our first guru through to Dashmesh Pita, was there an increase in Arab/Persian words being used as there was increase in Islamicization of the society at that time?

What I find strange about the likes of Sartaaj is that these types revere the Sufi ways more than the Punjabi muslims. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

balidan is not appropriate as it is sacrifice for a ritual...

'Balidaan' is not used exclusively for ritual sacrifice. And even if it was, what would you suggest as an alternative word?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

If they are in Gurbani, leave them where they are. However if in Gurbani there are other words that mean the same thing which we don't use, why not use them instead.

I would like to know what the percentage of Gurbani has Persian /Arabic vocabulary.

What would also be interesting is through the Gurbani from our first guru through to Dashmesh Pita, was there an increase in Arab/Persian words being used as there was increase in Islamicization of the society at that time?

What I find strange about the likes of Sartaaj is that these types revere the Sufi ways more than the Punjabi muslims. 

Good point. Fact is though, there is a tendency for people to use Perso-Arabic terms amongst some sections of our community. What is the reason they choose do this when they know the native word?

That could be one reason for the increase, but do you mean it in the sense that it was done in an attempt to appeal to more Muslims or because all of society regardless of religion was becoming more Islamicised as you said? Could it have anything to do with Shia-Sikh relations?

The Punjabi Muslim who reveres Sufiism is a dying breed. The majority now scoff at qawwali/sufi inspired music. Wahhabism prevails.

Guest Premi5

I met a middle aged Iraqi guy yesterday, he said Khuda Hafiz not Allah Hafiz.  What does that mean in a cultural sense ? 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Its terrible what you have been through. You are right nobody preaches what they say. I even got a warning post cos of my advice of russian roulete but anyway nobody liked it. If the people/person who reported it was suffering i am sure they would have done russian roulte themseleves.   From my time spent on here i would say do ardas and take a personal hukamnama from Guru Granth Sahib Ji and see what happens.   Even if you do divorce you are gonna lose 50% of everything you have money etc. And became broke money wise.   So think carefully and go to a marriage counciler.
    • Yes Islam is just a plagerised religion of Judasim.  And christianity is nothing but a fairy tale. So many contradictions. Even Chrstians themselves dont belive in their own fait. That is why hardly go to church. Many are agnostic and know their faith is false.  They try and make it so it looks very authentic. Such having the date -BC - before christ ect. To make it enshrined in the timeline of earth and confuse people.  If we look further. Christianity was started in the 1st century. So it is precisly 2000 years old.  It is nothing but a fairy tale. Jesus was not son of god and there was no virgin mary or birth.  Its a big LIE.         
    • Let just say it was a trip I would like to forget. Managed to get a decent hotel but it was quite far out. That would not have been an issue normally. But becuase of the heavey snowfall. Getting around was very difficult as most tranaports were closed due to slippery roads.  It was a lesson learned though for next time. 
    • I made a similar thread about the Dehli air quality. But anyone know if Punjab is also affected? I am reading alot about the current Dehli pollution issue. But not much on the Punjab . Is the Bad air quality also effecting parts of Punjab.  I say this as I maybe travelling to India soon. So was thinking of staying in Punjab instead of Dehli to avoid the worst of the pollution in that region.  Areas In punjab I am likely to stay are Amritsar and Patiala. 
    • This is clearly a TROLL !!!