Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Some more Home Truths

TEjS  needs to chill 

https://nandhivarman.wordpress.com/2007/11/06/dravidian-origins-of-sanskrit/

Pali is the regional language of Punjab  as Buddha's influence spread as far as Khorasan in the west  and Tibet, Chine in the north. Stop with stupid arguments of removing Persian influences as that would remove the poetic forms and deep influence of masterpieces like Zafarnama which was styled as a mirror to Shahnama the most famous persian poet Firdosi had written .... more than half of the commonly used words of punjabi- a language of the people remains so ...

Sanskrit is a made up language taking much from Tamil and other southern Dravidian languages ....if we go for most ancient language than it would be Tamil  and pali

Edited by jkvlondon
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Guest London Jwaan
16 hours ago, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

before you know it you have imbeciles like you TejS: so stupid

Very intelligent way of getting your point across Jagsaw. Nice one.

"Just because I have a different opinion from yours doesn’t mean that mine is stupid."

TejS - What you are encountering here is the resident behvkoof of this forum, Jagsaw Singh. Makes tutee up to attempt to make his point seem more learned. And you have asked for sources?? lol dream on. This c*ck is a fantasist just looking for any excuse to whip his kirpan out and start waving it around for no reason.

Sort of like the internet equivalent of having a debate in person, and some tw*t just marching up in the middle of it, dropping his kucha and releasing the diahorrea from his Jagsaw all over the floor and then thinking he added to the debate.

In fact he is persona non grata - banned my mods for his prior bukwaas, reduced to commenting about main threads - that he is not allowed to comment on - through this thread.

Chill, laugh at the low intellect, ignore.

3 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The question would be are there arab loanwords that can be gotten rid off if we have perfectly good indigenous words we could use instead.

For example, should we use sansaar instead of duniya. 

What other words could we replace if it is already in our vocabulary.

Do some us prefer the back throated sounds of the Arab words because we think it sounds sexy and we can pretend to be some pakhandi Sufi poet? 

ok duniya for example was used in Gurbani so what then ?...I think Punjabi was selected as it has elements of all parts of society represented and is lok boli ...Tej seems to want to turn revisionist  as the deluded hinduvta folks are doing  ...surely as Sikhs we can be evenhanded and preserve our maa boli without chopping it up into shreds. It is not a major thing if we say odd words here and there , I mean if you were so incensed by the historical insults of mughals then what would you do about hindi /sanskrit as the pushers of those cultural languages have attacked Harmandir Sahib Four times in 70 years, reneged on promises, stolen water, dishonoured our womenfolk and murdered our men ? And now try to demote your language and its Guru-given script as secondary to Thug's languages  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Guest London Jwaan said:

Very intelligent way of getting your point across Jagsaw. Nice one.

"Just because I have a different opinion from yours doesn’t mean that mine is stupid."

TejS - What you are encountering here is the resident behvkoof of this forum, Jagsaw Singh. Makes tutee up to attempt to make his point seem more learned. And you have asked for sources?? lol dream on. This c*ck is a fantasist just looking for any excuse to whip his kirpan out and start waving it around for no reason.

Sort of like the internet equivalent of having a debate in person, and some tw*t just marching up in the middle of it, dropping his kucha and releasing the diahorrea from his Jagsaw all over the floor and then thinking he added to the debate.

In fact he is persona non grata - banned my mods for his prior bukwaas, reduced to commenting about main threads - that he is not allowed to comment on - through this thread.

Chill, laugh at the low intellect, ignore.

I began to realize, albeit a bit too late, that there really wasn’t any point in arguing with Jagsaw any further. But I gave the poster some benefit of doubt.

But thank you for reassuring me that I wasn’t wrong in my judgment.

Edited by TejS
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

For example, should we use sansaar instead of duniya. 

What other words could we replace if it is already in our vocabulary.

What is the Punjabi equivalent word for Shaheed(martyr) ? I think word shaheed is used for someone who sacrifices his life in the way of Allah.

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Funny to see how the 2 Indian agents have got together in a friendly embrace. :p with one of them not even realising he's just been groomed and 'friended' by our resident Indian.

Actually....not that it matters.....the mods here will tell you that I've had my rights to post on all pages for a long while now but choose to limit myself to my own thread. I actually like to observe the psychology behind how others see others based on assumptions. I find it really interesting on an intellectual level because I've observed how 90% of what a man has to say is either taken on board or ignored based purely on assumptions of his status. But...like I said...it doesn't matter. You go on thinking anything you want. It's fine.

TejS: Your problem lies in the fact that you have allowed yourself to become a victim of Hindu Indian propaganda. You keep repeating things about the heritage of Sanskrit without realising that those things you are repeating are things that have been propagated by right wing Hindu nationalists as a way of treating minorities (like you and I) as second class citizens. I explained to you nicely the first time around....this sanskritization process is part of the overall saffronization process and is a deliberate ploy by the Hindu nationalists to enforce their ideal of superiority in India and your status as an inferior (as a minority). I take no pleasure in calling you an embecile but you have to ask yourself what other word would you use to describe a member of a minority that allows himself to be used in that way.

What is the Punjabi equivalent word for Shaheed(martyr) ? I think word shaheed is used for someone who sacrifices his life in the way of Allah.

Yes YOYO29, that is a real problem. As you know, the word 'shaheed' does not translate as 'martyr, even though we like to pretend it does. It literally translates as a witness to Allah as per the Koran. As I stated earlier, we do possess a problem with Koranic words within the everyday Punjabi we use and, as Sikhs, TejS is right to point out that these words need to be purged from the language. For example, our Punjabi word for bathroom is Gusulkhanna. The word Gusul is from the Koran and it means performing the ritual water purification before reading the Namaz. For a Muslim Punjabi that is absolutely fine but it stands to reason that it is not a word that a Sikh Punjabi should be passing down to his or her children. As I stated before, we need to do what the Iranians started doing about 30 years ago, i.e. purging our maa boli of Arabic words and terms on an intellectual level. For that to start happening I suppose we need to set up our own version of Quebec's OLF (office quebecois de la langue francais) or France's academie francais.

4 hours ago, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

As you know, the word 'shaheed' does not translate as 'martyr, even though we like to pretend it does. It literally translates as a witness to Allah as per the Koran.

It is used in both senses but this is not the issue my question still remains why there is (assuming there is not)  no punjabi word for shaheed ? 

Guest Jagsaw_Singh
9 minutes ago, YOYO29 said:

It is used in both senses but this is not the issue my question still remains why there is (assuming there is not)  no punjabi word for shaheed ? 

I did answer your question....I told you that the Punjabi word for Shaheed is Shaheed.   If you're asking what the olde Punjabi (Prakrit) word for Martyr was then you need not stray too far from the word Martyr itself because that word (Martyr) originates from the Latin word 'mertr' which means to remember someone who has died and that Latin word came from the ancient language that was spoken by our forefathers on the soil of Punjab (Prakrit) for their word to remember someone who had died was 'sMerti'.

21 minutes ago, YOYO29 said:

The word 'Bali' meaning sacrifice would be the equivalent.

• Like 2

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

....actually, if I can quickly add to my last message. That Olde Punjabi (Prakrit) word for remembering a dead one that was later adopted by Latin would be better pronounced as 'Mrit'. That then went on to mean death. As English grammar has rules and laws which dictates the opposite of a word becomes true once you place an 'un' in front of a word, Olde Punjabi had a grammatical rule which stated the opposite of the word becomes true once you place an 'a' in front of the word. Thus an 'a' in front of 'mrit' turns the death into a non-death: Amrit. The gift of life.  Isn't Guru ji so unbelievably marvellous ??  :waheguru: Even in discussions about the English word Martyr via Latin sitting in western lands we still end up with the one fundamental truth: Amrit is Life itself.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.