Compassion & Tolerance Vs Common Sense & Self-preservation

MisterrSingh

Every reply in this thread has been cracking. Great contributions; lots to think over and absorb.

It's also clear to me how easy it is to veer off course when trying to understand the absolute core of what Sikhi is telling us. We, as humans, impose our pre-existing beliefs, practices, and prejudices on matters that the nuances of which are - as the saying goes - finer than a hair's breadth. The distinction between what's correct and what's inaccurate is such a fine line to tread.

Unlike other faiths we perhaps don't portend doom for people around us and humanity in general if our comprehension of Sikhi isn't as firm as it should be, but for the sake of establishing clarity in our own minds, and therefore allowing us to be productive and good Sikhs and humans in general, we owe it to ourselves to truly comprehend what our faith's scriptures are saying to us, and not arrive at a rough estimation based on skewed information or occasionally outright false assumptions built on things we suppose to be accurate. 

I use to hear it growing up and i didn't quite understand the impact of it, but I'm beginning to realise that Sikhi is truly not an easy path to follow. Of course, the rewards for doing so are in themselves worth undergoing the tough journey.

• 5 years later...