monatosingh

Meat shop opening right next to Singh Sabha Gurdwara

41 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I got another idea, if the gurdwarae are too tight with their money. Why can't the sangat crowd fund and we can purchase it ourselves.

This can be done but it may take time to save up a large amount of nearly 150000 pounds. Also, the price can always change.

4 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

This can be done but it may take time to save up a large amount of nearly 150000 pounds. Also, the price can always change.

It's worth a try. There are plenty of Sikh business owners in West Midlands area who could easily put in £10,000 each.

Being the greedy b******s that they are, you will need to persuade them. They would need something that would benefit their personal interest.

2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I got another idea, if the gurdwarae are too tight with their money. Why can't the sangat crowd fund and we can purchase it ourselves.

The fact this is even being proposed illustrates perfectly the problem with Gurdwara committees.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, monatosingh said:

The Gurdwara committee doesn't even need to come up with £150,000, nor do they need to buy it outright. If they can raise even a quarter of that sum, they can easily obtain a commercial mortgage for the rest.

The rent from the flat and shop should cover the interest portion of repayments at least.

Mortgage rates are at historical rock bottom. They won't be rising sharply anytime soon either, particularly with Brexit and its bloody aftermath up in the air.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

It's worth a try. There are plenty of Sikh business owners in West Midlands area who could easily put in £10,000 each.

Being the greedy b******s that they are, you will need to persuade them. They would need something that would benefit their personal interest.

With respect, if these Sikh business owners in West Midlands are anything like the ones in West and East London, £150,000 is the sort of sum one would cough out if one sneezed too hard.

That the Gurdwara even needed to put out a public appeal speaks volumes about us as a community in the UK.

We struggle to achieve Khalistan, and rightly so.

We aspire to halemi Khalsa Raj, and rightly so.

We demand the return of our sovereignty over our stolen land, and rightly so.

But when the time comes to it, we as a 600,000+ strong community in this country are so disorganised we can't even nip something like this in the bud without it going public???

The whole situation is quite frankly a downright embarrassment.

The property purchase should have been dealt with discreetly between the Gurdwara committee and a few prominent Singhs alone.

It will be a sad indictment of Gurdwara committees in Birmingham in particular and the UK in general if they can't come together to solve this problem and help this particular Gurdwara out in this case.

Sadly, knowing what the committees are like, I am afraid that is a distinct possibility.

1 person likes this

Committees can fork out £1000s on unnecessarily tarmacing an already tarmaced gurdwara car park, yet cant buy these properties up n make em into sum sort of sikh related shops, h@rami saleh.

Why the fuss about Halal meat ? What about Kosher meat ? It is also ritualistic killing but no sikh would say so cause it there is great chance it would be labled as anti semtisim.And also it would not sit well with Jews.I don't what should i call this double standards or hypocrisy ?

OR those guys who made the rules about not eating Halal meat probably have no idea that there is a religion called Judaism and Kosher way of slaughtering animals.

Edited by YOYO29

9 hours ago, YOYO29 said:

Why the fuss about Halal meat ? What about Kosher meat ? It is also ritualistic killing but no sikh would say so cause it there is great chance it would be labled as anti semtisim.And also it would not sit well with Jews.I don't what should i call this double standards or hypocrisy ?

I have already addressed kosher:

"A kosher outlet should get the same reception as halal because the meat is still prepared in the sacrificial fashion, exactly the same as the islamic one."

Some people might not be aware of this fact. But that ignorance would quickly disappear if they witnessed a chained animal being slowly and sacrificially murdered in the abrahamic fashion.

I'm not preoccupied with being accused of anti semitism just for calling out kosher meat, and rightly so. That would be simply ludicrous as it simply doesn't apply here.

Edited by jashb
1 person likes this

On 30/03/2017 at 10:36 PM, StarStriker said:

Committees can fork out £1000s on unnecessarily tarmacing an already tarmaced gurdwara car park, yet cant buy these properties up n make em into sum sort of sikh related shops, h@rami saleh.

Useless and unnecessary expenditure like the sort you have referred to above is deliberately incurred by sharabi kebabi committee men in return for kickbacks. Straight corruption at its easiest and simplest.

They simply look after number one, which is why they can shell out unnecessary £000's, but can't even organise free Sikhi parchar.

There was a case at my local Gurdwara where this exact thing happened two years ago under the old committee.

Completely useless, unnecessary, and unrequired work was incurred at the cost of £000's for a car park that was going to be built over anyway. Worse still, the dodgy contractor wasn't even paid from the Gurdwara bank account. This is what made this case even more blatant, contemptuous and offensive than the usual embezzlement of Gurdwara funds.

The General Secretary instead claimed he made the payment on behalf of the Gurdwara personally. Yeah right. They took sangat for straight fools. This was their mistake.

It followed from his claim that he needed reimbursing. Being the man in control, he then easily obtained a cheque for £000's from the Gurdwara Treasurer, which he paid directly to himself.

When the sangat discovered this outrage, the dodgy General Secretary was pursued and proof of the alleged expense was demanded. He was asked to provide any sort of document to verify the expense he allegedly incurred, e.g. an invoice, contract with the builders, or receipt. The old bugger was hardly going to supply one was he? He would have simply incriminated himself.

So the old committee sat tight and saw their term out. Evidence was never supplied.

This incident was the tip of the iceberg. There is a long history of overpayments to the "old boys" network posing as contractors and using vastly inflated contracts with these budday (and that is meant as a matter of fact not an insult).

But the opposition from sangat was too strong, determined and active to take no for an answer. We forced them out at the last elections.

This is what corrupt Gurdwara committee Presidents and General Secretaries need.

These shady types masquerading in the garb of Sikhs, to steal sangat funds and respect they don't deserve, are unafraid of the Guru and don't respond to brotherly advice or dharam. You have to relentlessly and publicly challenge, expose them, warts-and-all for who they really are, and force them out. This is the only way.

3 people like this

It used to be a running joke that where there was a gurdwara there would be a pub nearby. Remember The pub (which is now a betting shop) on the corner of Havelock Road? Or Glassy Junction and it's kitchen on Park Avenue. Or how about the Pubs on Soho Road by the Gurdwaras? We need to sort out what goes on inside the Gurdwara's instead of getting excited by a potential meat shop by a Gurdwara.

1 person likes this

On 03/04/2017 at 6:37 PM, imhosingh said:

It used to be a running joke that where there was a gurdwara there would be a pub nearby. Remember The pub (which is now a betting shop) on the corner of Havelock Road? Or Glassy Junction and it's kitchen on Park Avenue. Or how about the Pubs on Soho Road by the Gurdwaras? We need to sort out what goes on inside the Gurdwara's instead of getting excited by a potential meat shop by a Gurdwara.

Do both.

There was always trouble with the fobs and thugs standing in and outside Glassy Junction and this sometimes led to fisticuffs, which is why it was a relief for all when the use changed to a restaurant.

There's a thread elsewhere on here about a white redneck who entered a Gurdwara pissed from a pub nearby and proceed to take it upon himself to try to rape one of the sangat.

A Gurdwara's surroundings ultimately affect the sangat.

Young Singhs might be able to handle it but we have a responsibility too to protect those that can't.

1 person likes this

On Saturday, April 01, 2017 at 4:22 AM, YOYO29 said:

OR those guys who made the rules about not eating Halal meat probably have no idea that there is a religion called Judaism and Kosher way of slaughtering animals.

You know exactly what the fuss is, so stop playing dumb. 

52 minutes ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

You keep saying 'we'.. Who is ' we'..? What sovereign land are 'we' demanding and who from? I'm not sure you speak for me.. 

Don't you live in the UK? 

You really seem lost don't you? He's talking about an independent Khalsa Raj and whenever someone is saying "We" they usually mean the general body of true Sikhs and this "we" are demanding from India and the Subcontinent to give "us", (Sikhs), a seperate country, (Khalistan, Sikh land, Punjabi sepreatism?) Again no offense, but nobody is referring to you when they say, "we", sometimes it doesn't include most people. Heck sometimes the spiritually weak "Jacfsing2" is not included in "we" when Mahapurukhs talk among themselves or some important Gursikhs, (compared to them I'm a nobody).

4 hours ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

You talk nonsense, to use lazy generic terms without any definition just demonstrates the limitations of your proposition. Oh sorry it wasn't your proposition so you don't have any idea exactly what they meant just speculation 

You didn't know what any of it meant.

1 minute ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

You clearly think you are a somebody, since you are quite happy to make lazy assertions have some humility 

In the grand scheme of things I've realized I'm nobody. The only thing I as a person have is Vaheguru's love, which he loves everyone including you. When we, (everything) all remember that, our lives will be much better.

3 minutes ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

Lol 

I'm flattered by the plagiarism 

If you can find whoever first said the first line, in all of history I will then give credit where credit is due. Cause, I'm going to be straight-up I have no idea who first said that, and I highly doubt anyone really knows that.

3 minutes ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

Oh and I believe akaal is genderless 

What this has to do with "Meat shop opening right next to Singh Sabha Gurdwara", I have no idea, but nobody was arguing that Vaheguru was male or female.