How Would Sita or Draupadi Have Filed Harassment Cases Today?

singhbj singh

1 minute ago, Bundha said:

Nice way to talk about your Guru

I'm not the one saying we shouldn't be discussing topics about these Avtars where they are criticised. You're the one asking people to edit Gurbani to a more "friendly" tone. You said we shouldn't criticise them, that's fine and dandy. But almost all of us use Gurbani to point out the flaws we present. So we should stop reciting them? Stop telling other sikhs about it?

6 minutes ago, Bundha said:

Really ?

ਕਿਤੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਸੇ ਕੀਟ ਕੋਟੈ ਉਪਾਏ ॥

If you recite that bani line, you are criticising them, Gurbani calls them insects and by reciting it so are you. There's innumerable verses like this. If you consider them above being criticised then you're in the wrong religion.  

31 minutes ago, Bundha said:

Gurbani criticizes them, Guru Ji criticizes them. What avasta, what tapasia, what naam simran do we have that we feel we can criticize them?

That's my thoughts on the situation. 

I listen to what Guru Sahib says about these religious figures, and i understand that him criticising them, calling them out, is vastly different to someone like me doing the same thing. 

It's a lesson i learnt rather harshly when i was a young teen. Safe to say it's stayed with me ever since.

3 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I listen to what Guru Sahib says about these religious figures, and i understand that him criticising them, calling them out, is vastly different to someone like me doing the same thing. 

It's a lesson i learnt rather harshly when i was a young teen. Safe to say it's stayed with me ever since.

Bro if Guru Sahib called them out on their actions and we preach exactly what Guru Sahib said about them, then that isn't a cardinal sin. All we're doing is passing on the teachings of the very person who started our faith. 

Bhai Gurdas Ji said that Vishnu's avatars caused strife in the world. If someone repeats exactly that, they're repeating Bhai Gurdas Ji's words. 

14 minutes ago, Kira said:

Bro if Guru Sahib called them out on their actions and we preach exactly what Guru Sahib said about them, then that isn't a cardinal sin. All we're doing is passing on the teachings of the very person who started our faith. 

Bhai Gurdas Ji said that Vishnu's avatars caused strife in the world. If someone repeats exactly that, they're repeating Bhai Gurdas Ji's words. 

I completely understand where you're coming from, bro. I'm not hating or anything like that. I guess there's a distinction to be made between reciting those lines from Gurbani in that considered and contemplative way those ideas are expressed, and talking loosely in a disparaging manner during the course of a conversation. It's a fine line but i feel it's there. I'm not here to police anyone. 

15 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I completely understand where you're coming from, bro. I'm not hating or anything like that. I guess there's a distinction to be made between reciting those lines from Gurbani in that considered and contemplative way those ideas are expressed, and talking loosely in a disparaging manner during the course of a conversation. It's a fine line but i feel it's there. I'm not here to police anyone. 

Totally agree, like I said before I feel this thread is in bad taste . I don't think we should be calling Rama or any of the Avtars terms like "Sh!thead" etc as that's just plain insults. But doing an analysis on his life and his positives and negative isn't anything bad if it's purely based on facts.

4 minutes ago, Kira said:

Totally agree, like I said before I feel this thread is in bad taste . I don't think we should be calling Rama or any of the Avtars terms like "Sh!thead" etc as that's just plain insults. But doing an analysis on his life and his positives and negative isn't anything bad if it's purely based on facts.

That's exactly the correct spirit in which such discussions should be had. We should absolutely analyse and discuss these issues and personalities, because there's so many things we can learn, good and not so good. 

Guest Harleen

Kira ji, I don't think u have more chardikala avastha than sant ishar singh, sant bhindrawale, and all other chardikala saints

if u listen to chardikala saints, when they talk about sri raam and krishan, they talk with full respect 

Guru Granth sahib ji has many many lines about these old avtaars, if u got one line for krishan as criticism u will find many lines for them too for respect

they are used as examples, the line u mentioned above is written just to tell us that dont worship krishan but worship God, 

i am not here to argue with u brother but i want to say that please be respectful for them, they were "parmeshar de pyaare"

these old avatars are still present, if someone worship they still give darshans

check for gurbani,whom did bhagat naamdev worshipped??

bhagat naamdev was originally a bhagat of Vishnoo ji( read the shabad in Guru Granth sahib ji) 

" garud chade aayelaa"

garud means a sparrow type of bird that Vishnoo ji use to fly

u can read the whole shabad

bhagat ravdaas ji used to worship stone.krishan before got parampadvi

bhagat dhanna ji worshipped black.shaalgram.stone which was considered as vishnoo in hinduism

Bhagat Kabeer ji followed his guru, ramanand ji which was a strict brahman

Bhagat Fareed ji got parampadvi by islamic guru

Bhagat Sain ji, used to worship mahapurkhs and related to hindus

Bhagat trilochan ji, were too hinduism follower

God is beant beant and beant , we have no idea whats going on outside universe, there is not only one method to meet God, there are trillions and trillions of ways to meet God however Sikhism is one of them.

u dnt know the avastha of sri krishan and sri raam so be respectul as being disrespectful to high awastha avtaar can take u many many janams back 

if u still want to disrespect ur choice 

thanks bro

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 1:36 PM, MisterrSingh said:

How did you learn the lesson? That too as a young  teen when seeing ur religion as the best n everyone else as inferior is such a power trip