SIKH WOMEN GATHER AT MAI BHAGO RETREAT

42 minutes ago, HarkiranKaur said:

Akal Takht Rehet Maryada (not SGPC they only publish it) does not say anything about transgender.

Go and ask them after you have asked them when was the last time they included a women in the panj sewa st Sri Akal takht Sahib.

1 hour ago, HarkiranKaur said:

Also I never said there were not genders. What I said was that gender should not be a cause for discrimination . It shouldn't be used like caste was to give some privilege over others and even Damdami Taksal own Rehet Maryada says such differences were eliminated with creation of the Khalsa.

The reference they make to Gurbani is about every person is able to obtain Naam.  In the previous ages certain people, which include people of different caste and gender were not allowed to touch or go into religious place or even read religious texts.  The Gurbani provided in Damdami Taksal rehat is saying now people of every background can go into religious places and read the words of Vaheguru, which is Gurbani.    Additionally, this line is from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, written before Punj Pyare were created.  This means people of all backgrounds even before the Punj Pyare were created were able to obtain Naam from the Guru.  Therefore, saying, a person does not need to be part of the Punj Pyare to receive Naam. So there is no discrimination against anyone regardless who they are from obtaining Naam.  You are illiterate when it comes to reading Gurbani.  When I say you have verbal diarrhea.  It means you are writing from your limited intellect and not going by what Gurbani is saying.  No where in the Gurbani the DamDami Taksal rehat maryada provides, does it say, now the people have the right to take on the role as the Guru.  It clearly says you have full access to the Naam NOW!!!!  Punj Pyare take on the role as the Guru and therefore this Gurbani line does not speak on who can be part of the Punj Pyare. 

ਚਹੁ ਜੁਗਾ ਕਾ ਹੁਣਿ ਨਿਬੇੜਾ ਨਰ ਮਨੁਖਾ ਨੋ ਏਕੁ ਨਿਧਾਨਾ ॥

"To resolve the dispute of the four ages men and women

Have been given the one treasure of Naam." SGGSJ Ang 797

Take your time reading this and ask your husband to fully read into it before you respond to this post.  Ask him to check what the Gurbani line is saying.  Check with other people who are learned in Gurbani and check with Bhai Sahib Singh teeka.  It won't harm you to check.  I can't stop you from having verbal diarrhea, but it's a request to stop and think.

9 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

The reference they make to Gurbani is about every person is able to obtain Naam.  In the previous ages certain people, which include people of different caste and gender were not allowed to touch or go into religious place or even read religious texts.  The Gurbani provided in Damdami Taksal rehat is saying now people of every background can go into religious places and read the words of Vaheguru, which is Gurbani.    Additionally, this line is from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, written before Punj Pyare were created.  This means people of all backgrounds even before the Punj Pyare were created were able to obtain Naam from the Guru.  Therefore, saying, a person does not need to be part of the Punj Pyare to receive Naam. So there is no discrimination against anyone regardless who they are from obtaining Naam.  You are illiterate when it comes to reading Gurbani.  When I say you have verbal diarrhea.  It means you are writing from your limited intellect and not going by what Gurbani is saying.  No where in the Gurbani the DamDami Taksal rehat maryada provides, does it say, now the people have the right to take on the role as the Guru.  It clearly says you have full access to the Naam NOW!!!!  Punj Pyare take on the role as the Guru and therefore this Gurbani line does not speak on who can be part of the Punj Pyare. 

ਚਹੁ ਜੁਗਾ ਕਾ ਹੁਣਿ ਨਿਬੇੜਾ ਨਰ ਮਨੁਖਾ ਨੋ ਏਕੁ ਨਿਧਾਨਾ ॥

"To resolve the dispute of the four ages men and women

Have been given the one treasure of Naam." SGGSJ Ang 797

Take your time reading this and ask your husband to fully read into it before you respond to this post.  Ask him to check what the Gurbani line is saying.  Check with other people who are learned in Gurbani and check with Bhai Sahib Singh teeka.  It won't harm you to check.  I can't stop you from having verbal diarrhea, but it's a request to stop and think.

Where in that pangti does it mention 'women'??!

nar & manuka both apply to males, arths according to shabad kosh are attached

IMG_2404.PNG

IMG_2411.PNG

15 hours ago, chatanga said:
ਜਿਉ ਪੁਰਖੈ ਘਰਿ ਭਗਤੀ ਨਾਰਿ ਹੈ ਅਤਿ ਲੋਚੈ ਭਗਤੀ ਭਾਇ
ਬਹੁ ਰਸ ਸਾਲਣੇ ਸਵਾਰਦੀ ਖਟ ਰਸ ਮੀਠੇ ਪਾਇ .
ਤਿਉ ਬਾਣੀ ਭਗਤ ਸਲਾਹਦੇ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੈ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਇ

13 hours ago, HarkiranKaur said:

And for Chatanga that verse is first of all not an instruction it's saying that a wife (who loves her husband) will do those things which is not exclusive to a wife by the way. A husband who loves his wife will also do all sorts of devotional things for his wife out of love. It's not gender exclusive. In that time however women usually moved to their husbands home. Now we have couples getting apartments together. And my husband cooks and serves me just as much as I do him. Anyway it's only using it as a comparison and is not an instruction for only wives to do this. You are twisting it to suit your agenda. Secondly, it's comparing it to soul bride and husband lord. We are all female soul brides and Akal Purakh the only male husband. So while a cultural pretext was used as a metaphor please understand what metaphor is!!! There are plenty of metaphors in Gurbani using Hindu references but it is not instructing us to do those things!!!! Whether wives serve heir husbands or not is between the spouses. Whether a husband also serves his wife is between them as well. In that time the women moved to the husbands home so it was used as a metaphor. Sure she wanted to make a good impression and in that time women were not really encouraged to be doctors or lawyers or engineers were they??? They loved their husband so wanted to make him happy. It's not a gender exclusive thing though. I can show you many examples of husbands cooking for their wives etc. And they do it to make their wife happy and out of devotion and service to them. You think that's wrong??? You think that can not also fit the metaphor in the same way??? Re read it with the genders switched. A husband giving his wife all kinds of sweets etc to please her and serve her can also be compared to our souls longing to please Waheguru. Same thing. Gurbani was not written as instructions pointed at genders. It was written for all humans. The message from that shabad is the same way you would want to do service to the one you love and make them happy is the same way our soul wants to do service of Waheguru Ji. The takeaway is not the specific metaphor that was used. 

Here is a different example: men who think of women at time of death will return as a prostitute (woman). You don't think that applies to women as well??? That if women think of men (in a sexual way) at time of death they will return as a sex crazed man who can't control his lust and frequents brothels? If we go by the way you want to direct passages at specific genders then women are exempt from an awful lot!!!

Please stop talking rubbish... the pangti Chatanga posted definitely IS gender exclusive... Mahraj has used the word 'naar' which means female as opposed to 'nar'which means male. I've added translations from shabad kosh for you

Just because your husband ain't a real man don't try & force your manmat on the rest of us & more importantly stop trying to twist bani

And you are correct when you say women are exempt from an awful lot... every warning & threat of being sent to hell in SGGS only applies to men... not women!

IMG_2404.PNG

IMG_2412.PNG