London attack: Four dead in Westminster terror incident

Premi5

2 minutes ago, genie said:

Come on guys both of you make valid contributions on various topics but can you stop dragging the thread into a personal attacks against each other. Lets keep it civil and control the kahrod. And just agree to disagree...

I am OK with Dally. 

Brothers disagree on things from time to time.

This dumb farmer has some gardening to do ?

3 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Can you guys share opinions without insulting each other?? 

Dally's background is Bhatra, they are not like mainstream Sikhs.

They are quite insular and tribal in their thinking  and I think he finds certain traits unusual in most of us other Sikhs, particularly with Jatts.

Which I think is one of the reasons he finds a lot of the traits in Muslims quite appealing because they are very similar to Sikhs of his background. 

He is also an inner-city Sikh, very much "ghetto" from my interactions with him.

I think he finds it very difficult to digest the fact that most Sikhs have moved on from the "ghetto", he still lives in it.

Anyone else noticed the unconscious cultural and social effect of the masculine and dominant image of Islam having an impact on the cultural milieu in the West, the most noticeable sign being the adoption of facial hair - beards - by whites across various social and class divisions?

I'm no psychologist, but i think it's hilarious to notice how whites have been subconsciously influenced by various media of apparently hyper-masculine Islamists over the past 15 or so years, doing all sorts of things that westerners are conditioned to eschew as brutal and backwards, yet over this period of time beards have become this fashionable accessory amongst males in the west, almost as if a beard by itself is enough to paper over the lack of inner masculinity that's being wrung out of western males by an increasingly feminised culture and society. They're adopting the appearance of the very people they ostensibly would never identify with, and they can't even see they're doing it, lmao. That's the power that culture has over a person. Fascinating. 

8 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Anyone else noticed the unconscious cultural and social effect of the masculine and dominant image of Islam having an impact on the cultural milieu in the West, the most noticeable sign being the adoption of facial hair - beards - by whites across various social and class divisions?

I'm no psychologist, but i think it's hilarious to notice how whites have been subconsciously influenced by various media of apparently hyper-masculine Islamists over the past 15 or so years, doing all sorts of things that westerners are conditioned to eschew as brutal and backwards, yet over this period of time beards have become this fashionable accessory amongst males in the west, almost as if a beard by itself is enough to paper over the lack of inner masculinity that's being wrung out of western males by an increasingly feminised culture and society. They're adopting the appearance of the very people they ostensibly would never identify with, and they can't even see they're doing it, lmao. That's the power that culture has over a person. Fascinating. 

bro hipsters aren't doing cos of effect of Muslaman but steampunk trend which looks at the feel of Victorian/Edwardian era and mixes it up with a modern twist ...ALL goray sported some facial hair and very managed like the lamb chops, handle bar moustaches, goatees and beards .back then as they didn't want to be feminine ...then the 1900s and by the twenties everything was androgynous

23 minutes ago, genie said:

Come on guys both of you make valid contributions on various topics but can you stop dragging the thread into a personal attacks against each other. Lets keep it civil and control the kahrod. And just agree to disagree...

I feel like many apnay get insecure and scared when another apna points out just how unprepared we are as a society for any craziness that might happen out there - that is the root of Ranjeet's issues. I'm not in this boat myself because I was fortunate enough to meet some far-sighted and intelligent brothers in the past, and I don't physically laze about either. 

We need a community wide discussion about this to avoid a false sense of security. We have lessons from all those Delhi Sikhs in 1984 to remind us of what having our heads in cloud cuckoo land can lead to.  Now I don't think it will boil down to anything more than opportunist attacks on vulnerable Sikhs here in the UK, in a worse case scenario (by either goray or sullay), but Ranjeet crying because I've pointed out how effeminate we've become is ridiculous. Don't shoot the messenger - and I walk the walk.  Also, dispassionately and honestly analysing the strengths and weaknesses of Islamists isn't a stupid idea either. Underestimating them is as foolish as inflating their capabilities. Same with any other potential threats, like racist goray.

I thought this thread was informative, especially as the majority of apnay are closeted and a lot of these types use the internet quite a bit - but obviously ranjeet sees it differently.  

16 minutes ago, Preeet said:

I can see why you are thinking that about Bhatra(s), in fact Ive been bullied by a Bhatra in school before.. Makes me surprised to why he does not talk about his own caste as much as he does when it comes to Jats. & when it comes to caste anyways, it's silly how some say that they aren't real, but then they continue to generalize and regard people by their caste. But whatever, I judge people individually, and when it comes to people who use profanity, that is not a very good lakshan if you claim to be religious. "41. Kaurha bachan nahee kahinaa - Do not speak in bitterness." 

I bear no resentment towards Dally.

18 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

bro hipsters aren't doing cos of effect of Muslaman but steampunk trend which looks at the feel of Victorian/Edwardian era and mixes it up with a modern twist ...ALL goray sported some facial hair and very managed like the lamb chops, handle bar moustaches, goatees and beards .back then as they didn't want to be feminine ...then the 1900s and by the twenties everything was androgynous

I knew someone would mention hipsters, but this phenomenon is beyond the posing of that particular group. Yeah, some of it is a cyclical, fashion thing, but not all of it. There's white men who can't express any of their inner aggression in any meaningful way, and they see these images and videos of bearded men killing and destroying things, and the timid amongst them are stirred to emulate that particular image, because they know there's no other way they can hope to project an image of masculinity beyond their appearance. Sportsmen, actors, students, they're all doing it. And it's the long, unrestricted Asian type beards, not the uber-styled types in fashion magazines.

13 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I bear no resentment towards Dally.

I ain't got no problem with you. If we are going to discuss important things, of course things may get heated sometimes. Yeah, brothers do argue - sometimes more than others because closeness does that. 

But as long as important stuff is uncovered in these discussions - it's all good to me. 

For the record, I don't find 'those traits' in Muslims appealing - I'm just acknowledging successful strategies on their part.  We'd be fools not to see them. 

30 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

...then the 1900s and by the twenties everything was androgynous

I bet you this was because closet gays infiltrated the establishment by then and subtly promoted effeminate males. Like the gay run fashion industry has been for the past few decades. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I bet you this was because closet gays infiltrated the establishment by then and subtly promoted effeminate males. Like the gay run fashion industry has been for the past few decades. 

You'd be surprised. Most mainstream Homosexuals actually hate that stereotype of them. They think this weird branch of "gay pride" thats sweeping the media is nothing more than a curse for them.

On 3/24/2017 at 4:00 PM, MisterrSingh said:

Once you start falling down that rabbit hole, you'll struggle to comprehend even the most straightforward events occurring before your eyes. Not everything is a conspiracy. The question you should be asking is "How did this all begin, and why?" not "Is what I'm seeing real?" You're missing the point entirely if that's how you're approaching this situation.

What is the point, please?