Age Gap Marriage

Big_Tera

12 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

I am speaking generaly dins age is just a number. Thats the thing I am trying to work out what they are like as a person without much knowledge of them and without spending any time with them. Its just a gamble. 

A gamble with your Future life and savings too Is hardly worth IT. I know a man aged 50 married to a 32year old from India. Do get to know the person properly first.

1 hour ago, Big_Tera said:

Advice needed asap. 

Does age gap in marriage cause a problem? I am talking like 12 years?

Ie marrying a girl from India in arranged marriage. Girl is 20 and male is 32. 

There should be no reason or problem to prevent this, but you might get low IQ people gossiping jealous of such relations managing to get a younger fertile woman.

Theres No such thing as age gap or right age for people to marry in Sikhi. Though these days people usually have age gap of 5 to 10years.

You can be 70s+ and your bride in her early 20s that is allowed or she in her 70s+ and you in your early 20s it makes no difference.

Though the Guru's married quite young and so did most historical figures in Sikhi maybe more to do with average life expectancy age being quite low at the time usually 30s-40s. So marrying and procreating early was the norm.

Sikhi by traditions and scriptures takes the view of your souls connecting and on same wavelength is most important and your physical maturity (ie long as you both able to procreate life and are ideally past puberty).

Guest Jacfsing2
50 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

That is the thing. She may or may not have issues with the age now. But her feelings could change down the line. I dont want to be responsible for ruining someones happiness in life. Alot of these women are unfortunatley not well off and have no choice but to marry abroad for a better life. Alot of the girls have no shortage of ristas from the uk. To be honest I am seriously thinking about not going ahead with any marriage proposal unless she is at least over 25. It just does not feel right at all. 

If you think it's an issue that's up to you to decide, and also for the wife-to-be to decide, if you guys are cool with it, then go ahead, but if you aren't sure whether you want to go along with it, then I would recommend not doing it.

3 minutes ago, genie said:

Though the Guru's married quite young and so did most historical figures in Sikhi maybe more to do with average life expectancy age being quite low at the time usually 30s-40s. So marrying and procreating early was the norm.

Sikhi by traditions and scriptures takes the view of your souls connecting and on same wavelength is most important and your physical maturity (ie long as you both able to procreate life and are ideally past puberty).

By today's standard Guru Sahib's marriage ages would be considered way too out of time. Also 2 of the Gurus were married before being Sikh, so they would have married younger for that reason.

12 years for a first marriage is too much in my opinion. I suppose it also depends on whether you or her look older, younger, or just right for your ages. But that's secondary. The most important concern should be mentality and intentions of both people. Too much to go into, some of which will trigger some people, lol, so there's no point. Big Tera, if this was 40 or 30 years ago, I'd have said "go for it." Now? Not really.

16 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

If you think it's an issue that's up to you to decide, and also for the wife-to-be to decide, if you guys are cool with it, then go ahead, but if you aren't sure whether you want to go along with it, then I would recommend not doing it.

By today's standard Guru Sahib's marriage ages would be considered way too out of time. Also 2 of the Gurus were married before being Sikh, so they would have married younger for that reason.

Veer ji weren't all Guru Sahiban and their mahals similar ages even if they were younger at marriage point  maybe only a year or two difference ? 

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

Veer ji weren't all Guru Sahiban and their mahals similar ages even if they were younger at marriage point  maybe only a year or two difference ? 

Yeah, but I'm referring to child marriages, there are advantages to child marriage; however, in today's time it's just impractical.