Sign in to follow this  
weareallone

Puratan Shastar and Sarbloh Wale

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I'm sorry if this is a repeat thread, but I couldn't find any conclusive information elsewhere. I'm looking to acquire genuine puratan shastar in India, the likes of 2-3' shamsheer, tegha, khanda, chakra etc. This won't be for a private collection, not would it be sold on for a profit. What are they likely to cost?

Sikhs did also use European made/style cavalry sabres, which are readily available as antiques in the UK etc. These can be easily distinguished by use of carbon steel, a western style hilt and issue markings on the blade. Is it possible to find such antiques in India- many thousands would have been in active service in the 19th century?

I'm also looking for good Sarbloh wale to copy/reproduce puratan artefacts. Any contacts for humble and rehitwale sikhs would be most appreciated. Address/personal introduction preferred as daas does not have a telephone.

Edited by weareallone

Huge cost brother! Ppl are raking money in India by selling old and possibly fakes.

On 22/03/2017 at 11:25 AM, S1ngh said:

Huge cost brother! Ppl are raking money in India by selling old and possibly fakes.

Yes this seems to be the general consensus unfortunately, although one Nihang Singh has promised to find something for me.

Any contacts for Sarbloh wale please? I'd like to get some good copies/reproductions made of Guru's puratan shastar and artefacts that are on display.

People in India are ripping us off. They are selling kirpans for huge amounts of money. They will charge extra if they find out you are from the west as if money grows on trees here.

Their lalach knows no bounds. They are more expensive than western manufacturers like cold steel and windlass who produce much higher quality carbon steel blades. 

On 02/04/2017 at 7:33 PM, Jonny101 said:

People in India are ripping us off. They are selling kirpans for huge amounts of money. They will charge extra if they find out you are from the west as if money grows on trees here.

Their lalach knows no bounds. They are more expensive than western manufacturers like cold steel and windlass who produce much higher quality carbon steel blades. 

You speak truth my friend. Would you recommend Windlass, something like their Light Cavalry Sabre?

I really am looking for handmade sarbloh.

On 4/13/2017 at 11:30 AM, weareallone said:

You speak truth my friend. Would you recommend Windlass, something like their Light Cavalry Sabre?

I really am looking for handmade sarbloh.

Cutlass sword from cold steel is an excellent sword. I have one and have used it in the most abusive ways just to test it and not a dent in the blade. I can't imagine our lalchi desi sword makers producing such high quality and durable carbon steel blades.

The naval  cutlass from condor is also recommended. A real practical battle ready blade.

Of course you can always buy desi made kirpans from India. But get ready to get ripped off for an inferior weapon whose only redeaming quality is the fake Damascus steel patterns on the blade.