AjeetSinghPunjabi

Why don't sikhs increase their numbers , like muslims do ? Why are we so complacent ?

56 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I agree. That branch of people you've identified will go from cradle to grave without an iota of understanding what life truly is. Sure, they'll THINK they know the secrets of the universe through whatever religious sect they'll latch onto, but they'll spend their entire lives in a bubble. Yet, at least their heart will be in the right place, even if they are wildly wide of the target in every sense.

Of the former type: I saw an Amritdhari bibi walking with her young, soon to be teenager son, and it was just so clear that the kid would never be of any use under any dire circumstances due to his upbringing. Then I thought about most of the guys I've met (over the years) who did step up (like SP guys) and I realised most of them were just standard Panjabi guys - street guys, usually monay (but not all). It's sad that Amritdharis don't step up much these days, because the whole original Amrit was based around that. I think them living in their bubble is as bad as the type you mention.

 

Quote

My personal bugbear is with the frauds who hide behind Sikhi bhes whilst doing the absolute worst things one could ever imagine. 

I've known one or two people like this over the years. And honestly, I blame excessively dominating parents, who insist on the child living the most disciplined life, where the kid is totally not that way inclined. This goes straight to a double life scenario and what's even worse, all that living a bull5hit front for the parents and doing the complete opposite when not being watched can lead to serious mental health issues. The people can easily become adept compulsive liars in all areas of their lives as a consequence. 

 

But all that said, a lot more Amritdharis are stepping up now, (like Bhai Mohan Singh of the SAS) and choosing not to live the quietest, coward life. God bless them.  

Edited by dallysingh101
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

But all that said, a lot more Amritdharis are stepping up now, (like Bhai Mohan Singh of the SAS) and choosing not to live the quietest, coward life. God bless them.  

Exactly. Yet there's traitors like Sunny Hundal who try to paint these genuinely decent souls as extremists because they dare to speak up for Sikhs when nobody else gives a flying you-know-what. 

Every sub-demographic in the Sikh community has its fair share of individuals who let the side down. It's not about passing judgement on people, or elevating oneself by criticising others, but we shouldn't be afraid of shedding light on these issues by drawing from our personal experiences, because you just don't know when something any of us throws out into the ether might come in handy for someone reading our words. There are some Sikhs out there who feel completely disenfranchised from the mainstream, be it the religious orthodox mainstream, or the middle class, professional types. They don't fit in any of the boxes through no fault of their own. Those are the people who need to be reminded they have a place in our community, because if we don't, then there's going to be opportunists ready to swoop in and turn them against the rest. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

There are some Sikhs out there who feel completely disenfranchised from the mainstream, be it the religious orthodox mainstream, or the middle class, professional types. They don't fit in any of the boxes through no fault of their own. Those are the people who need to be reminded they have a place in our community, because if we don't, then there's going to be opportunists ready to swoop in and turn them against the rest. 

I think the Internet can help big time in this. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

religious orthodox mainstream, 

If you said this to me about a year ago; I'd probably be asking why? But now I can see some problems our "religious", people seem to be making; which just pushes an average person away from going to a Gurdwara. Also I'd also deny any "accusations", if you mentioned this when I was a new Amritdhari, but learning so much internally; (not spiritual internal, but political internal), I seem to agree with this now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think the Internet can help big time in this. 

Media can make someone look bad; just remember that Akal Takht incident when some SGPC Keshdhari Hindus, (note, not Sikhs), were taking about Kirpans and playing foolish warrior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

If you said this to me about a year ago; I'd probably be asking why? But now I can see some problems our "religious", people seem to be making; which just pushes an average person away from going to a Gurdwara. Also I'd also deny any "accusations", if you mentioned this when I was a new Amritdhari, but learning so much internally; (not spiritual internal, but political internal), I seem to agree with this now.

Again, it's not about pinning blame, or going after certain groups. It's just a case of reminding people that as Sikhs we need to look out for each other. I'm not blaming Amritdharis for the woes of the world, lol. I just think we should be at the forefront of certain issues that I wouldn't expect others to bother with. But that's not happening for some reason, or at least not in a noticeable manner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now