Why don't sikhs increase their numbers , like muslims do ? Why are we so complacent ?

16 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Even the ones going into medicine, law, etc? Do they genuinely go in for that kind of thing? Genuine question, I wouldn't ask otherwise.

I think sometimes that they try to change the system from within.

They want to join the mainstream but they want it on their own terms.

For example, in hospitals and companies they will introduce their own prayer rooms. However, it won't be called muslim prayer rooms they will be called contemplation rooms, or multi faith rooms but all you will see are muslim prayer mats.

Then they start to implement halal food in the cafeterias, to the point where all the meat is halal and any pork based products get reduced.

My local Morrisons superstore had a lot of pork based products reduced. It was noticed by a lot of the English customers and they put complaints and it was only discovered that some muslims lobbied to get rid of the pork based products.

They seem to have a "give an inch take a mile" attitude.

11 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I think sometimes that they try to change the system from within.

They want to join the mainstream but they want it on their own terms.

For example, in hospitals and companies they will introduce their own prayer rooms. However, it won't be called muslim prayer rooms they will be called contemplation rooms, or multi faith rooms but all you will see are muslim prayer mats.

Then they start to implement halal food in the cafeterias, to the point where all the meat is halal and any pork based products get reduced.

My local Morrisons superstore had a lot of pork based products reduced. It was noticed by a lot of the English customers and they put complaints and it was only discovered that some muslims lobbied to get rid of the pork based products.

They seem to have a "give an inch take a mile" attitude.

Ah, so under the guise of their amiable and educated demeanours, their ultimate aim is to arrive at the same destination as their less subtle Islamic stablemates?

God, i really do try to give these jokers the benefit of the doubt time and time again, but they just don't make it possible to trust them. 

Before 1947 Sikhs had a very positive fertility rate. But something seems to have happened after 1947 that Sikh fertility rate dropped drastically. At least during olden times Sikhs were religious and had conservative values but now we have lost our religion and have become westernized/bollywoodized. We have neither the quality nor the quantity left both of which are important during a war like situation.

Muslims of South Asia(india, pak, Bangla) now have the demographic power to beat the Hindus if things descend into utter chaos.  But are we ready if 1984 like genocidal situation happens again to us? I dont think. This time we will get beaten and humiliated  even worse. 

18 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Ah, so under the guise of their amiable and educated demeanours, their ultimate aim is to arrive at the same destination as their less subtle Islamic stablemates?

God, i really do try to give these jokers the benefit of the doubt time and time again, but they just don't make it possible to trust them. 

Muslims are very adept in playing the system, looking for loop-holes etc.

Islamic interpretation and jurisprudence is based on doing this, so it makes sense they will do the same in western societies. 

Like I said before Islam is a political ideology, they think like lawyers.

3 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Before 1947 Sikhs had a very positive fertility rate. But something seems to have happened after 1947 that Sikh fertility rate dropped drastically. At least during olden times Sikhs were religious and had conservative values but now we have lost our religion and have become westernized/bollywoodized. We have neither the quality nor the quantity left both of which are important during a war like situation.

Muslims of South Asia(india, pak, Bangla) now have the demographic power to beat the Hindus if things descend into utter chaos.  But are we ready if 1984 like genocidal situation happens again to us? I dont think. This time we will get beaten and humiliated  even worse. 

Sikhs have followed the same patterns of other populations, post WW2.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

I started this thread with the hope that we shall discuss "Why sikhs are decreasing and how we can multiply?" lol, islamic people were just a reference , not the main topic of this thread.

Coming to point, 

1) Ranjeet01 said sikhs have quality, not quantity . I would refer you sir to some of videos of Sukhpreet Singh Udhoke , a great pracharak of our times , and in one of his videos he says how quality and "ucha sucha jeevan" status of sikhs have detoriated considerably ! He says how back then , when a muslim woman approached Hari Singh Nalwa for marriage, the latter cited his Guru's maryada of not marrying second time when spouse is alive . But today we have turbaned singers make punjabi songs like "chakk ke le jaana tainu" (I will drag you from home). Earlier nihangs would say "Khol de buha nih sang , aaye ne nihang" (O daughter, open your door without shyness, its only nihangs).

I remember an article in print media few years back titled "Where went all sikh taxi drivers?" . Back then sikhs here in mumbai were predominantly into taxi or trucking , and still are, but many former of past generation moved on as their kids prospered .

In that article it said "how women felt safe with sikh men and thats why sardaarji always meant trust".

Is it true with our youth today who eye young women with lust and catcall random girls on street (I have seen myself).

Where is our quality ?? Our quality is diminishing and so are our quantity . 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

2) Muslims in india are a mere 14% of population but its enough to send SOS signal among right wing hindu establishment. Thats the power of numbers ! And apparently hindus have quantity much, but no quality ! 1000 yrs of slavery under foreign rule and destruction of temples has definitely broken their back . 

Sikhs reduced from 61% of population in punjab in 2001 to mere 57% in 2011 . And this is population of people who identify as "sikh" which means even the monay sikhs . 

Wasn't that agitation back in the 1960s for Punjabi suba merely a sugercoat way of asking for a sikh majority state . Everyone knew what our real demand was back then ! But we've reached a stage where our immigration to foreign countries is causing a population vacuum in punjab and its naturally filled by hindu migrants from UP, bihar, etc. But they then settle there, and ultimately gain political power.

And then they rear their ugly heads . Like hindus in phagwara last year mimicked sikh ardas in their function. Challenging sikh power by taking out ralleys wearing gaatrey . You get the point ? 

Numbers are crucial .

11 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I started this thread with the hope that we shall discuss "Why sikhs are decreasing and how we can multiply?" lol, islamic people were just a reference , not the main topic of this thread.

Coming to point, 

1) Ranjeet01 said sikhs have quality, not quantity . I would refer you sir to some of videos of Sukhpreet Singh Udhoke , a great pracharak of our times , and in one of his videos he says how quality and "ucha sucha jeevan" status of sikhs have detoriated considerably ! He says how back then , when a muslim woman approached Hari Singh Nalwa for marriage, the latter cited his Guru's maryada of not marrying second time when spouse is alive . But today we have turbaned singers make punjabi songs like "chakk ke le jaana tainu" (I will drag you from home). Earlier nihangs would say "Khol de buha nih sang , aaye ne nihang" (O daughter, open your door without shyness, its only nihangs).

I remember an article in print media few years back titled "Where went all sikh taxi drivers?" . Back then sikhs here in mumbai were predominantly into taxi or trucking , and still are, but many former of past generation moved on as their kids prospered .

In that article it said "how women felt safe with sikh men and thats why sardaarji always meant trust".

Is it true with our youth today who eye young women with lust and catcall random girls on street (I have seen myself).

Where is our quality ?? Our quality is diminishing and so are our quantity . 

Like I explained to MisterrSingh,  when I am speaking of quality I am talking in terms of standard of living.

The less kids you have, the less mouths you need to feed. Therefore you can increase the quality in standard of living.

What is happening with Sikhs is happening all over the world with other groups of people.

Mister Singh, you are so correct, sir.  Where has the dignity gone? 

Rather than concerning ourselves with the declining number of Sikhs in the world (if in fact the claim is true) we should perhaps be concerning ourselves with the declining number of adherents to Sikhism. 

How will Sikhs be successful as a people, regardless of numbers and regardless of status, if they loose their cultural dignity?   

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Like I explained to MisterrSingh,  when I am speaking of quality I am talking in terms of standard of living.

The less kids you have, the less mouths you need to feed. Therefore you can increase the quality in standard of living.

What is happening with Sikhs is happening all over the world with other groups of people.

True quality of a Sikh is with religious values only not with money. Today's Sikhs have lost religious/conservative values and can be best described as secularists. Sant Bhindranwale knew this which is why he tried to revive Sikhi amongst the Sikh masses. And thats why Sikhs fought back during the 80s. Todays sikhs have lost their religion. Our boys are addicted to drugs, our girls are increasingly becoming slutty.  It's a horrible situation we are in.