Why don't sikhs increase their numbers , like muslims do ? Why are we so complacent ?

4 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

Are you kidding me?  How does Richmond Hill compare to West London or Brampton or Surrey?  It's absolutely nothing.  You've really got to be joking.

lol @ "probably a bunch of other places".  That lets me know you don't understand the population distribution here.

These "100 year old" communities that you are referring to are all hype.  In the early 1900s, a small handful of Sikhs came to California, and 99% of them ended up marrying Mexican women and assimilating into mainstream American culture.  Their children and grandchildren have no connection to Sikhi (or even Punjabi culture).  For all intents and purposes, the "Sikh community" that existed 100 years ago disappeared.  You don't meet anyone here whose family has been here for generations.  After the early 1900s community merged into the "mainstream" and disappeared, Sikhs didn't exist in America in sizable numbers until the 1980s.

Anyway, if after all I've said, you don't understand how vastly different the situation for Sikhs in America is compared to the situation for Sikhs in England or Canada, I don't know what to tell you.

I hear you. 

But still, I think promoting a norm of physical training amongst the youths over there (especially the boys) will be a good step in the right direction. I mean stuff like boxing, mma etc. as well as weight training and all that calisthenics stuff too.

We got to push people in the right direction.  

21 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I hear you. 

But still, I think promoting a norm of physical training amongst the youths over there (especially the boys) will be a good step in the right direction. I mean stuff like boxing, mma etc. as well as weight training and all that calisthenics stuff too.

We got to push people in the right direction.  

Yes,  I can agree with this.  I don't think it will necessarily help in terms of "defending the community," but it would help to promote exercise and good health.  There are too many singhs who are either fat or all skin-and-bones.

On 27/03/2017 at 9:03 AM, dallysingh101 said:

Are you kidding me.

You have communities there over a 100 years old. You have massive concentrations in Richmond Hill and probably a bunch of other places too. 

Look, this feminisation of Sikh males isn't confined to one country. It's a global phenomena. However, we've seen a lot of Sikhs being attacked in the US, so it isn't like there isn't a problem there.  

Richmond Hill and Yuba city are probably the only two areas with good numbers, and even then the communities aren't like Vancouver Southall etc. The guy has a point. But, some of the California guys are definitely up for it. Never heard anything masculine about the NYC Sikhs lol. 

Edit: I see he already has said this. 

Just now, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Richmond Hill and Yuba city are probably the only two areas with good numbers, and even then the communities aren't like Vancouver Southall etc. The guy has a point. But, some of the California guys are definitely up for it. Never heard anything masculine about the NYC Sikhs lol. 

Got a friend who might be moving up to Richmond Hill. What should he expect?

Dally

Richmond Hill is in Queens, which where the majority of Sikhs prefer to live until they have made a bit of money and moved out towards Suffolk or Nassau county on Long Island.

They prefer it over Brooklyn which has too many blacks for their liking.

Their "Green Street" is in Jackson Heights which also in Queens.

New York (except a few parts of Manhattan) is a bigger dump than London, it makes East London look clean. 

Your mate will be fine though.

The racism since 9/11 is what you hear about, what you don't hear about is cab drivers, 7-11 guys get shot, stabbed by blacks over the years.

Your mate will be fine, if he knows what areas to avoid.

On 3/23/2017 at 5:00 AM, Jonny101 said:

Alot of people assume that one kid equals high quality and healthy  while more kids equals low quality, malnutrition etc

But if we look at our ithihas, the reverse is true. During puratan times, when Sikhs had a lot of kids they were more religiously observant(which means high quality) and they were more physically fit than us. Now when we have only one kid, our parents fail to raise that kid as a Sikh(meaning low quality) and they also tend to be fat kids on average which is not healthy either. 

So here we are, today we are raising low quality and unhealthy fat kids when we have the lowest fertility rates in our history which is well below replacement level.  Meaning, in future our population will start to decrease because of this low fertility rate.

Well said brotha