Why don't sikhs increase their numbers , like muslims do ? Why are we so complacent ?

3 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Maybe people are just less interested in having big families for whatever reason. The Muslims still reproduce regardless of their genetic ancestry, the bigger problem is marrying latter and our Panth repeating the same Anti-Sex that's been going on since Singh Sabha, now people are claiming that Dasam Granth mentions sexual things; when in reality the things it mentions are only what a father would tell his kids about it. 

Yes, you are correct that people are not interesting in having big families like they used to for a multitude of reasons.

People will not have larger families unless it is in their interest to do so.

Muslims want to dominate the world, for them it is an exercise in power.

2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

http://www.tribuneindia.com/mobi/news/sunday-special/perspective/why-sikhs-ought-to-be-happy-not-worried/126229.html

According to this article the fertility of Sikhs in India is 3.1.

The replacement rate is 2.1.

I have no idea what the fertility rate in the west is for Sikhs are.

But surely it is above 2. Most Sikhs have at least 2 children.

My personal opinion is that Sikh families that tend to be larger are ones that are trying for a child of a particular sex.

I have seen plenty of families where there are 3/4 girls and 1 boy. The boy is usually the youngest.

I have also personally known 1 family that has 5 boys and that is because they keep trying for a girl and they keep having boys.

One of the common expressions you will  usually hear after a second child is born is "family is complete".

Something doesn't seem right with that article. Read here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_states_ranking_by_fertility_rate

Punjab is among those states in India which has tge lowest fertility rate. Well below replacement level of 2.1. Our home state has an embarrassing fertility rate if 1.6!

This is a sign of a defeated peoole. A people who no longer wish to live. A people who see children as a financial burden and even gross instead of seeing them as among God's greatest blessings to mankind. The Europeans are also suffering from such self destructive thinking and in India it is the Sikhs and Parsis.

46 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Yes, you are correct that people are not interesting in having big families like they used to for a multitude of reasons.

People will not have larger families unless it is in their interest to do so.

Muslims want to dominate the world, for them it is an exercise in power.

I grew up in a family with four kids , our gen had  4 (myself) 2 +2 (my bros) and 1 my sis (total 5 lads 4 lasses) , however though my Husband grew up in similar family only he had kids  so on that side their family is shrinking .  It is their outlook fed by their own mother's view that a child is some kind of cross to bear , that spoils enjoyment of life. Whereas my mum and Dad loved kids and enjoyed every aspect of seeing us develop as humans , it rubbed off on us , and it seems to be going down the line.

People who had loving large families tend to carry on that trend , I've seen it in other cultures too . The advantage of large sikh families is sangat for the siblings if anything happens , 

I remember growing up and feeling sorry for my friends who were only children because they had everything except the one thing they really wanted a close long-lasting relationship with someone that knew them truly. The truth is our sibling relationship is the longest one we will have after the one with Akal Purakh , parents die , husband/wives come later on , children even later ...

Guest Jacfsing2
6 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Punjab is among those states in India which has tge lowest fertility rate. Well below replacement level of 2.1. Our home state has an embarrassing fertility rate if 1.6!

This is a sign of a defeated peoole. A people who no longer wish to live. A people who see children as a financial burden and even gross instead of seeing them as among God's greatest blessings to mankind. The Europeans are also suffering from such self destructive thinking and in India it is the Sikhs and Parsis.

If anyone in the population decides not to get married or have kids; it deeply causes the population to decline, in so many of our Jathas such as Nanaksar, and other Sanatan Jathas, (Nanaksar isn't a Sanatan branch), people are required to be celibate to have any ability to do Seva. Another factor is some Gursikhs are becoming Brahacharya because of some personal decision. Add to this female infanticide, abortions of females, and the need for having the least kids possible, (because of future rishta payments), then you see the internal problem of our people.

12 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

People who had loving large families tend to carry on that trend , I've seen it in other cultures too . The advantage of large sikh families is sangat for the siblings if anything happens ,

I'd assume it's easier to practice Sikhi in a large home where everyone is focused on bhagti vs you being the only one. Sharing the bedroom and if one person wakes-up early for Amritvela Simran then everyone will wake-up early. If the family is focused on Gursikhi, then all those moments the child spent in the Sangat of their brothers and sisters will cause them to remember all of that; if they were ever to go astray, and the bonds with Guru Sahib can be restored even if the siblings move-out due to those experiences.

9 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

Don't forget that Hindus make up over 40 percent of Punjab so the 1.6 will include their birth rate. 

If Sikhs have 3.1, it means that Hindu Punjabi may be in demographic decline and that is making the replacement rates look lower for Sikhs.

If there has been an increase in the population in Punjab, it would be non Punjabis coming into Punjab.

Perhaps this is why the Indian Govt has been encouraging Bhaiyas and Biharis to move to Punjab over the last couple of decades. The Hindu Punjabi population has been in decline and the govt needs to keep the ratio up.

These are just suggestions and are by no means accurate.

What is interesting on that link you provided is that as a general rule most of India's birth rate is going down with the exception of the BIMRU states.

On 3/20/2017 at 3:56 PM, MisterrSingh said:

That's my thoughts on the subject summed up. For some reason that upsets a few people.

Crapping out a litter of feral little scrotes is somehow meant to translate into a superb fauj of Sikhs who somehow manage to embody all the qualities requires to navigate the tough terrain ahead of us. 

Muslims are NOT an example to aspire to. Their numbers mean NOTHING in the darbaar of the Lord.

I tell you what - on the other hand. Having a small amount of quietest, conservative kids that are essentially being micro-groomed for academia and then some plush office job (which is what the majority of affluent Amritdharis consider 'Sikh' child rearing these days), isn't going to create any sort of robust fauj either. 

3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I tell you what - on the other hand. Having a small amount of quietest, conservative kids that are essentially being micro-groomed for academia and then some plush office job (which is what the majority of affluent Amritdharis consider 'Sikh' child rearing these days), isn't going to create any sort of robust fauj either. 

I agree. That branch of people you've identified will go from cradle to grave without an iota of understanding what life truly is. Sure, they'll THINK they know the secrets of the universe through whatever religious sect they'll latch onto, but they'll spend their entire lives in a bubble. Yet, at least their heart will be in the right place, even if they are wildly wide of the target in every sense. My personal bugbear is with the frauds who hide behind Sikhi bhes whilst doing the absolute worst things one could ever imagine.

49 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I agree. That branch of people you've identified will go from cradle to grave without an iota of understanding what life truly is. Sure, they'll THINK they know the secrets of the universe through whatever religious sect they'll latch onto, but they'll spend their entire lives in a bubble. Yet, at least their heart will be in the right place, even if they are wildly wide of the target in every sense.

Of the former type: I saw an Amritdhari bibi walking with her young, soon to be teenager son, and it was just so clear that the kid would never be of any use under any dire circumstances due to his upbringing. Then I thought about most of the guys I've met (over the years) who did step up (like SP guys) and I realised most of them were just standard Panjabi guys - street guys, usually monay (but not all). It's sad that Amritdharis don't step up much these days, because the whole original Amrit was based around that. I think them living in their bubble is as bad as the type you mention.

My personal bugbear is with the frauds who hide behind Sikhi bhes whilst doing the absolute worst things one could ever imagine. 

I've known one or two people like this over the years. And honestly, I blame excessively dominating parents, who insist on the child living the most disciplined life, where the kid is totally not that way inclined. This goes straight to a double life scenario and what's even worse, all that living a bull5hit front for the parents and doing the complete opposite when not being watched can lead to serious mental health issues. The people can easily become adept compulsive liars in all areas of their lives as a consequence. 

But all that said, a lot more Amritdharis are stepping up now, (like Bhai Mohan Singh of the SAS) and choosing not to live the quietest, coward life. God bless them.  

5 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

But all that said, a lot more Amritdharis are stepping up now, (like Bhai Mohan Singh of the SAS) and choosing not to live the quietest, coward life. God bless them.  

Exactly. Yet there's traitors like Sunny Hundal who try to paint these genuinely decent souls as extremists because they dare to speak up for Sikhs when nobody else gives a flying you-know-what. 

Every sub-demographic in the Sikh community has its fair share of individuals who let the side down. It's not about passing judgement on people, or elevating oneself by criticising others, but we shouldn't be afraid of shedding light on these issues by drawing from our personal experiences, because you just don't know when something any of us throws out into the ether might come in handy for someone reading our words. There are some Sikhs out there who feel completely disenfranchised from the mainstream, be it the religious orthodox mainstream, or the middle class, professional types. They don't fit in any of the boxes through no fault of their own. Those are the people who need to be reminded they have a place in our community, because if we don't, then there's going to be opportunists ready to swoop in and turn them against the rest.