AjeetSinghPunjabi

Why don't sikhs increase their numbers , like muslims do ? Why are we so complacent ?

70 posts in this topic

I must say one impressive thing about  muslims is their numbers, atleast here in india ! the way they multiply sends shivers down these right-wingers lol

Why are sikhs so shy ? Why don't we have many kids . Most governments today are democratic which means numbers is power.

No politician cares for sikhs because we don't have numbers 

But at the same time if you look at jews, they have lesser numbers but still power.

Muslims, christians and hindus have quantity, Jews and parsis have quality. What about sikhs?

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi

WJKK WJKF,

because maharaj ji has said that these religions will see a growth which would be very short term when compared to KHALSA RAJ.

But nothing bad with preaching sikhi to others,

so become a preacher and a preacher shall have the following characteristics:

1. Amritdhari

2. Keeps as much maryada as possible

3. Knowledgeable 

4. Does what he preaches

5. Nitnemi/abhyasi 

4 people like this

2 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I must say one impressive thing about  muslims is their numbers, atleast here in india ! the way they multiply sends shivers down these right-wingers lol

Why are sikhs so shy ? Why don't we have many kids . Most governments today are democratic which means numbers is power.

But at the same time if you look at jews, they have lesser numbers but still power.

Muslims, christians and hindus have quantity, Jews and parsis have quality. What about sikhs?

For starters, they prefer to not educate their women.

It is always said that to reduce your population, you need to educate women.

At least that is the theory.

Sikhs have always focused on quality over quantity.

It is far preferable for Sikhs to have 2-3 well fed Sikhs with good quality of life than 8-9 under nourished kids.

In the animal kingdom, there are r-selected species and k-selected species.

I think Sikhs are a k-selected in their mindset and Muslims tend to be the other type.

However, I think there are large reductions in the birth rates in muslim countries but not at the levels of non-Muslims. 

In terms of "progressiveness " we Sikhs are perhaps several decades ahead of Muslims. 

Muslims are more of a cleric-driven community. They tend to listen to their mullahs whose control would be severely threatened if muslims started to look out for their own welfare. We Sikhs tend to be more independent in that regard.

Sikhs have a far more pragmatic approach to life which is due to our work ethic.

The Sikh pillars of " Kirat Karna" and "Vand Shakna" means that to have a sustainable, balanced lifestyle you cannot afford to be over-breeding and strip out all your resources like a Locust does.

The Muslim does not think that way, they think "Allah will provide".

Some of these are generalisations but not all muslims will think in the mullah driven way either.

2 people like this

Those religions are completely based on number, Sikhi is based on devotion. What we should note about the Jews like you mentioned is the huge different advantage they have that Sikhs do not have politically. That is that the leader of the strongest religion politically was born into the house of Jews and lived his entire life with Judaism in his heart, that and the Bible has brainwashed Christians into thinking that Jews are God's chosen. Israel is protected by most strongest nation on Earth, if it wasn't for these reasons Israel would be taken over by the Middle Eastern neighbors like before Christianity existed. Also simply having numbers mean nothing if everyone is terrified to save their life. (In Gujrat Muslims were massacared and did nothing).

I generally agree with the opinions expressed in this thread, but i think there's only so long we can repeat the "quality over quantity" mantra until someone asks where this quality is hiding itself. Such quality would, eventually, manifest itself in some measurable or discernible form beyond the scope of appearances. Yet in my opinion we're actually regressing in many respects.

4 people like this

2 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Those religions are completely based on number, Sikhi is based on devotion. What we should note about the Jews like you mentioned is the huge different advantage they have that Sikhs do not have politically. That is that the leader of the strongest religion politically was born into the house of Jews and lived his entire life with Judaism in his heart, that and the Bible has brainwashed Christians into thinking that Jews are God's chosen. Israel is protected by most strongest nation on Earth, if it wasn't for these reasons Israel would be taken over by the Middle Eastern neighbors like before Christianity existed. Also simply having numbers mean nothing if everyone is terrified to save their life. (In Gujrat Muslims were massacared and did nothing).

It is a numbers game for the two branches for the Abrahamics but for what purpose?

The Jews use their small numbers to keep themselves cohesive. For them, it's suits to be small in number because they see themselves as "the chosen people". They see themselves as an elite people and the rest as "goy".

In Gujrat, the muslims were massacred because of the massacred Hindus in Godhra. The problem with the numbers game that Muslims play is that if there are people willing to fight back, they will cower. A smaller number of cohesive groups who are willing to fight to the death will always beat a large unorganised rabble.

However, with "democracy", vote banks are critical so therefore increasing population numbers suits the muslim purpose as a way of taking over. Islam is a political ideology before being a religion.

I sometimes go on a few Hindu/Indian websites to get an idea of the mindset. There was a Gujerati contributer who mentioned that getting the Hindu fertility rate at a particular level in Gujerat was critical in subduing the Muslim population there. He was shouted down by other hindus.

You can see the same tactic with the Jewish settlements in the West Bank. These areas are favourable with ultra-orthodox types and they breed at higher rates than the Palestinians. The aim is to encroach this land, block off land for Palestinians, breed and settle in new areas. The game is to eventually push out the Palestinians. It's a very similar game Muslims play.

24 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I generally agree with the opinions expressed in this thread, but i think there's only so long we can repeat the "quality over quantity" mantra until someone asks where this quality is hiding itself. Such quality would, eventually, manifest itself in some measurable or discernible form beyond the scope of appearances. Yet in my opinion we're actually regressing in many respects.

I think quality mentioned by Sikhs here is predominantly from a standard of living point of view. 

7 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I think quality mentioned by Sikhs here is predominantly from a standard of living point of view. 

I see. In that case i suppose things are easier when there's less mouths to feed. It's just that most Muslims in their working class strongholds, even in places like England, don't see it that way. They continue to breed beyond their means. Although the professional middle-class types don't follow that pattern. So i guess it's less about religion and more to do with education.

Edited by MisterrSingh
1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I see. In that case i suppose things are easier when there's less mouths to feed. It's just that most Muslims in their working class strongholds, even in places like England, don't see it that way. They continue to breed beyond their means. Although the professional middle-class types don't follow that pattern. So i guess it's less about religion and more to do with education.

My observations is that there are changes in the Muslim population in the UK. 

Their reproductive rates are going down. My own personal anecdotal experience is that muslim families who had 6 kids 30 years ago have gone down to 3-4 kids. It is down but still higher than average rate.

Whereas with Sikhs, the average birth rates have remained 2-3 kids for the past several decades.

There are far more Muslim women working. You see far more hijab working women as well. With changes in welfare system and muslim women desperate to be more integrated into mainstream society particularly as a lot of them have been raised in the west. This has impacted them to a degree in terms of reducing their family size.

However, the increase in middle class muslims also means that they will do stealth jihad. You have to be more wary of these types.

7 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

My observations is that there are changes in the Muslim population in the UK. 

Their reproductive rates are going down. My own personal anecdotal experience is that muslim families who had 6 kids 30 years ago have gone down to 3-4 kids. It is down but still higher than average rate.

Whereas with Sikhs, the average birth rates have remained 2-3 kids for the past several decades.

There are far more Muslim women working. You see far more hijab working women as well. With changes in welfare system and muslim women desperate to be more integrated into mainstream society particularly as a lot of them have been raised in the west. This has impacted them to a degree in terms of reducing their family size.

However, the increase in middle class muslims also means that they will do stealth jihad. You have to be more wary of these types.

Even the ones going into medicine, law, etc? Do they genuinely go in for that kind of thing? Genuine question, I wouldn't ask otherwise.

16 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Even the ones going into medicine, law, etc? Do they genuinely go in for that kind of thing? Genuine question, I wouldn't ask otherwise.

I think sometimes that they try to change the system from within.

They want to join the mainstream but they want it on their own terms.

For example, in hospitals and companies they will introduce their own prayer rooms. However, it won't be called muslim prayer rooms they will be called contemplation rooms, or multi faith rooms but all you will see are muslim prayer mats.

Then they start to implement halal food in the cafeterias, to the point where all the meat is halal and any pork based products get reduced.

My local Morrisons superstore had a lot of pork based products reduced. It was noticed by a lot of the English customers and they put complaints and it was only discovered that some muslims lobbied to get rid of the pork based products.

They seem to have a "give an inch take a mile" attitude.

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I think sometimes that they try to change the system from within.

They want to join the mainstream but they want it on their own terms.

For example, in hospitals and companies they will introduce their own prayer rooms. However, it won't be called muslim prayer rooms they will be called contemplation rooms, or multi faith rooms but all you will see are muslim prayer mats.

Then they start to implement halal food in the cafeterias, to the point where all the meat is halal and any pork based products get reduced.

My local Morrisons superstore had a lot of pork based products reduced. It was noticed by a lot of the English customers and they put complaints and it was only discovered that some muslims lobbied to get rid of the pork based products.

They seem to have a "give an inch take a mile" attitude.

Ah, so under the guise of their amiable and educated demeanours, their ultimate aim is to arrive at the same destination as their less subtle Islamic stablemates?

God, i really do try to give these jokers the benefit of the doubt time and time again, but they just don't make it possible to trust them. 

Before 1947 Sikhs had a very positive fertility rate. But something seems to have happened after 1947 that Sikh fertility rate dropped drastically. At least during olden times Sikhs were religious and had conservative values but now we have lost our religion and have become westernized/bollywoodized. We have neither the quality nor the quantity left both of which are important during a war like situation.

Muslims of South Asia(india, pak, Bangla) now have the demographic power to beat the Hindus if things descend into utter chaos.  But are we ready if 1984 like genocidal situation happens again to us? I dont think. This time we will get beaten and humiliated  even worse. 

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Ah, so under the guise of their amiable and educated demeanours, their ultimate aim is to arrive at the same destination as their less subtle Islamic stablemates?

God, i really do try to give these jokers the benefit of the doubt time and time again, but they just don't make it possible to trust them. 

Muslims are very adept in playing the system, looking for loop-holes etc.

Islamic interpretation and jurisprudence is based on doing this, so it makes sense they will do the same in western societies. 

Like I said before Islam is a political ideology, they think like lawyers.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Before 1947 Sikhs had a very positive fertility rate. But something seems to have happened after 1947 that Sikh fertility rate dropped drastically. At least during olden times Sikhs were religious and had conservative values but now we have lost our religion and have become westernized/bollywoodized. We have neither the quality nor the quantity left both of which are important during a war like situation.

Muslims of South Asia(india, pak, Bangla) now have the demographic power to beat the Hindus if things descend into utter chaos.  But are we ready if 1984 like genocidal situation happens again to us? I dont think. This time we will get beaten and humiliated  even worse. 

Sikhs have followed the same patterns of other populations, post WW2.

1 person likes this

I started this thread with the hope that we shall discuss "Why sikhs are decreasing and how we can multiply?" lol, islamic people were just a reference , not the main topic of this thread.

Coming to point, 

1) Ranjeet01 said sikhs have quality, not quantity . I would refer you sir to some of videos of Sukhpreet Singh Udhoke , a great pracharak of our times , and in one of his videos he says how quality and "ucha sucha jeevan" status of sikhs have detoriated considerably ! He says how back then , when a muslim woman approached Hari Singh Nalwa for marriage, the latter cited his Guru's maryada of not marrying second time when spouse is alive . But today we have turbaned singers make punjabi songs like "chakk ke le jaana tainu" (I will drag you from home). Earlier nihangs would say "Khol de buha nih sang , aaye ne nihang" (O daughter, open your door without shyness, its only nihangs).

I remember an article in print media few years back titled "Where went all sikh taxi drivers?" . Back then sikhs here in mumbai were predominantly into taxi or trucking , and still are, but many former of past generation moved on as their kids prospered .

In that article it said "how women felt safe with sikh men and thats why sardaarji always meant trust".

Is it true with our youth today who eye young women with lust and catcall random girls on street (I have seen myself).

Where is our quality ?? Our quality is diminishing and so are our quantity . 

2) Muslims in india are a mere 14% of population but its enough to send SOS signal among right wing hindu establishment. Thats the power of numbers ! And apparently hindus have quantity much, but no quality ! 1000 yrs of slavery under foreign rule and destruction of temples has definitely broken their back . 

Sikhs reduced from 61% of population in punjab in 2001 to mere 57% in 2011 . And this is population of people who identify as "sikh" which means even the monay sikhs . 

Wasn't that agitation back in the 1960s for Punjabi suba merely a sugercoat way of asking for a sikh majority state . Everyone knew what our real demand was back then ! But we've reached a stage where our immigration to foreign countries is causing a population vacuum in punjab and its naturally filled by hindu migrants from UP, bihar, etc. But they then settle there, and ultimately gain political power.

And then they rear their ugly heads . Like hindus in phagwara last year mimicked sikh ardas in their function. Challenging sikh power by taking out ralleys wearing gaatrey . You get the point ? 

Numbers are crucial .

11 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I started this thread with the hope that we shall discuss "Why sikhs are decreasing and how we can multiply?" lol, islamic people were just a reference , not the main topic of this thread.

Coming to point, 

1) Ranjeet01 said sikhs have quality, not quantity . I would refer you sir to some of videos of Sukhpreet Singh Udhoke , a great pracharak of our times , and in one of his videos he says how quality and "ucha sucha jeevan" status of sikhs have detoriated considerably ! He says how back then , when a muslim woman approached Hari Singh Nalwa for marriage, the latter cited his Guru's maryada of not marrying second time when spouse is alive . But today we have turbaned singers make punjabi songs like "chakk ke le jaana tainu" (I will drag you from home). Earlier nihangs would say "Khol de buha nih sang , aaye ne nihang" (O daughter, open your door without shyness, its only nihangs).

I remember an article in print media few years back titled "Where went all sikh taxi drivers?" . Back then sikhs here in mumbai were predominantly into taxi or trucking , and still are, but many former of past generation moved on as their kids prospered .

In that article it said "how women felt safe with sikh men and thats why sardaarji always meant trust".

Is it true with our youth today who eye young women with lust and catcall random girls on street (I have seen myself).

Where is our quality ?? Our quality is diminishing and so are our quantity . 

Like I explained to MisterrSingh,  when I am speaking of quality I am talking in terms of standard of living.

The less kids you have, the less mouths you need to feed. Therefore you can increase the quality in standard of living.

What is happening with Sikhs is happening all over the world with other groups of people.

Mister Singh, you are so correct, sir.  Where has the dignity gone? 

Rather than concerning ourselves with the declining number of Sikhs in the world (if in fact the claim is true) we should perhaps be concerning ourselves with the declining number of adherents to Sikhism. 

How will Sikhs be successful as a people, regardless of numbers and regardless of status, if they loose their cultural dignity?   

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Like I explained to MisterrSingh,  when I am speaking of quality I am talking in terms of standard of living.

The less kids you have, the less mouths you need to feed. Therefore you can increase the quality in standard of living.

What is happening with Sikhs is happening all over the world with other groups of people.

True quality of a Sikh is with religious values only not with money. Today's Sikhs have lost religious/conservative values and can be best described as secularists. Sant Bhindranwale knew this which is why he tried to revive Sikhi amongst the Sikh masses. And thats why Sikhs fought back during the 80s. Todays sikhs have lost their religion. Our boys are addicted to drugs, our girls are increasingly becoming slutty.  It's a horrible situation we are in.

28 minutes ago, Esmiralda said:

Mister Singh, you are so correct, sir.  Where has the dignity gone? 

Rather than concerning ourselves with the declining number of Sikhs in the world (if in fact the claim is true) we should perhaps be concerning ourselves with the declining number of adherents to Sikhism. 

How will Sikhs be successful as a people, regardless of numbers and regardless of status, if they loose their cultural dignity?   

Don't get me wrong, I'm no way painting everyone in broad strokes, or suggesting I'm somehow above it all. But in terms of a spiritual Sikh perspective, we are too easily hoodwinked by surface pretensions, whereas if that surface is scratched in the slightest way, it reveals either outright deception in the most extreme cases, or at the less severe end of the scale a noticeable and underwhelming shallowness not too far removed from the supposed godless amongst us. I suppose, strange as it is to mention it, things are much the same for everyone, Sikh or non-Sikh alike.

Edited by MisterrSingh

9 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Several reasons for this:

1) Lack of control of our own Sikh institutions. The SGPC is either been hijacked or has been purposefully created to ensure we never regained religious political power in punjab/northern india.

2) No chief strategist to foresee political events in present and near future / long term future. Most religions have their centers of power with political power even so called "peaceful" buddhists have buddhist majority countries that kill minorities (rohinga muslims in burma and tamil hindus in sri lanka) to safeguard their interests. The only religion that doesnt is the Sikh religion, and its to the shame and humiliation of our kaum we have not even one nation to stand up for our rights in the world.

3) No Central Sikh Military Intelligence which is key to safeguard interests of the Sikh nation

4) Economics meaning its hard to have a large family and sustain them in a unstable world where long term jobs hard to find and alot of competition.

5) Our females are have been and are being brainwashed with non-sikh ideologies like homosexuality, total equality and feminism we even have far left cuck liberal atheist punjabi's from sikh families who tell Sikhs what our religion should teach people. And thus females think its ok to breed with non-sikhs and create non-sikh offspring or think its beneath them to be house-mothers in pursuit of their careers so tend to have just one or two kids max.

6) Lack of Parchar and spreading Sikhi to non-sikhs in particular to muslims in afghanistan and pakistan has made Sikh demographics vulnerable to extinction there.

7) The lack of focus on attacking abrahamic missionaries like christians who plague the punjab for some reason and have a mission to convert Sikhs to christians by underhand devious methods using Sikhi saroop but preaching crazy abrahmic nonsense to the easily misled people there.

8) Since 1930s the rise of Jattwad the new brahmins who took over brahminwad, promoting their jattism castism over Sikh values and principles. In 1940s Dr ambedkar wanted to convert all the dalits under his leadership to Sikhs. This would have gave the Sikhs enough population to demand a huge Sikhistan/khalistan. Because the argument was that because Sikhs only constituted a small percentage population of punjab they couldnt form their own country. Had hindu dalits been allowed to convert it would have forced the demographic shift balance in favor of Sikhs being a majority in many areas but the SGPC jattward castists were against the idea and forced Ambedkar to opt for buddhism and thus we are in the situation we are in now without a country.

If we compare and contrast the days of Sikh raj we can see how Sikhs were confident about going about there business because they had military strength they were afraid to use warfare to get hostile non-sikhs to conform to Sikh to run away to other lands. The hostile powers see Sikhs as weak and non-threatening people and that was the plan all along to convert Sikhs back into pacifists like the times of Guru Nanak Dev Ji but minus the parchar that he gave people and encouraged to give others to.

The list can go on and on....

When situations like 1984 anti-sikh genocide came along those Delhi Sikhs whose family members even served in the Indian military and were the middle class of Delhi got taken out quick unless they had good hindu neighbours to save them and/or access to modern weapons. The ones who got targeted and killed the most were the poor defenseless ones who were left to the mercy of the congress hindu/muslim secular indian govt sponsored terrorist mob. As seen in reports of the time the Sikhs who took out their guns and weapons were able to save themselves and their families.

A lesson for all Sikhs to note..... especially Sikhs in south asia (India/pakistan/afghanista/kashmir).... always make sure you have access to well hidden modern automatic rifle weapons for defence purposes as there's no justice nor safety for religious minorities when things kick off.

2 people like this

Muslims stand a better chance to multiply due to the man getting married to many wives. Some of these are in different countries. A single man can have upto 30 children if he can manage to have 6 wives with 5 children each. They marry young which helps them to have larger families. 

The benefits system in the UK has been totally milked by them so that they can get all the support they need especially the housing needed to raise these children. 

Their loyalty to their religion and their committment to teaching their children how to read their scriptures from an early age ensures that their children too follow in the same path. Their belief of God having told mankind to multiply and fill the earth has its origins in the Bible. 

The demand for extra women if a man is to marry many is met by women from other cultures who are then converted. Once women are converted then their children are automatically required to embrace their culture and religious beliefs owing to the complacency of other religious groups over theirs.

Their ladies are very serious about teaching their children how to read the koran. They hold tuition classes in their houses to teach children and parents also take this education just as seriously as they take other formal education. Due to their large families, the children are able to support the younger ones reducing the educational strain on the parents. Due to their large family structure, they are able to work as well, because they can leave their children for free with sisters etc. 

Sikhs on the other hand are monogamous - greatly reducing the maximum number of children to about 5. The lack of girls who are available for most practising Sikh boys is greatly reduced as the girls give more importance to higher education and ultimately want to lead a comfortable life. Late marriages, homosexuals, high rate of divorce and lack of taking our punjabi  learning seriously all contribute to us following other cultures or none at all.

Parchaar is taking place at the Guradwaras, however because we ourselves do not have a serious committment - we miss it all. The past generation have also not been taking religion seriously which contributes to children who are raised without the knowledge of their religion. They discover or stumble upon the basics a bit too late and struggle to catch up or turn into proper practising Sikhs.   

The rate of fertility problems has generally increased in all communities. People are having to resort to IVF and surrogacy and this limits the number of children they can eventually raise. Alcohol increases the problems faced both in physical health and reproductive health, lets forget practising the religious bit especially when people only visit or socialise with others if drink and meat is on the offer. 

All is not lost however, because there are large numbers who do respond to quality parchaar and quality services offered by some Guradwaras. The internet can serve as a weapon to encourage those weak and ignorant of faith to become stronger and also serve as a base for the sharing of information and arguments. i have seen larger families of proud mothers who regularly attend the Guradwara and the kids wear dastar and are totally committed. So yes in the near future - there is hope that these youngsters will contribute to a new more successful face of the Sikh religion. 

2 people like this

11 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I don't want to say anything negative, but there are some people in our lot who should reproduce more; while others reproduce less; (the Gursikhs should have more kids, while the aam Sunday Sikh Liberals should have at best 1 kid; 6 kids vs 1, and our Panth would be restored to a religious majority, instead of every one in our community having some communist amount of kids). Today when we see these confused parents kids; their children usually end-up like Sunny Hundal; while children of Gursikhs usually tend to have a Gursikh standard, the fertility rate for the first one should one should be low; while the second type should reproduce like rabbits. (Bhai Jugraj Singh is an exceptional case, as Guru Sahib himself helped him, but that's a rare case). Some of our Punjabi/Subcontinental, (Non-Punjabi Subcontinental Sikhs), tend to have really bad things going on behind closed doors which makes children leave Sikhi.

1 person likes this

There's no doubt that power is in numbers (in many instances), and we need a greater number.  But I don't think blindly increasing the population is the answer.

So many Sikh families in Punjab who rely on agriculture have rather meager landholdings as it is.  What will happen if such families have many kids?  What will a family with 2 acres of land and 4 sons do?  Marginal landowners having a lot of kids will just propagate poverty.

In the west, on the other hand, I am all for Sikhs families strategically having 3-5 kids.  We desperately need the numbers.

Edited by californiasardar1
1 person likes this