Guest itsMe

hair falling out

17 posts in this topic

wjkk wjkf 

im 24, male, im not amritdhari but around 6 months ago i decided not to cut my hair. around the same time i decided to stop eating meat too. my hair are around shoulder length now but iv noticed that my hair fall out a lot! i dont know if this is because i have stopped cutting it or the change of diet, maybe i dont know how to take care of longer hair? i dont know but im getting kinda worried now. my hair is curly so they get tangled sometimes and i end up pulling it. i just run my hand through my hair and so much comes out! when i was my hair its even worse. also i use to get a haircut once a week and mostly on the sides and iv noticed that the hair on the sides is really weak and growing really slow. i use to have a gutti when i was small but my dad cut it off when i was around 6, wish he didn't do that now.

also since iv stopped eating meat all iv been eating is crisp, sweets and chocolates and other unhealthy stuff, i feel so drained and exhausted. i feel so tired all the time, i never use to feel like this before. can you guys help me out, like what else can i eat?  what does everyone else eat? something that will make me feel less tired.

thanks 

up your leafy green sabjis and oranges , supplement with mineral complex including iron and vitamin B complex ... it will help sounds like iron deficiency . Also using organic virgin cold pressed coconut oil with some peppermint essential oil and rosemary essential oils added  on the scalp will nourish and encourage fresh growth

As penji above said, organic virgin coconut oil. Apply it after every wash.

As for food- you are what you eat. Sort it out singh. May want to look into taking vitamins/ supplements too? Everything in moderation.

1 person likes this

Also google vegan and vegetarian recipes. On YouTube the vegan corner, domestic geek. There r so many vegan channels. Eat cereal with milk, rice, quinoa, tofu, salads if u cant cook. Also most fast food places have a vegetarian option. Start eating food not snacks

1 person likes this

Chick peas, kidney beans, soya beans, all beans actually have protein in them. Cucumbers are especially good for hair as they have silica Iin them. learn to make home made humous- its not hard at all. 

Brown bread sandwitches with sabji filling. Mushrooms are good too. Try veg soups especially minestrone soup.

If you are vegetarian, you need to lwarn to cook too. There are numerous recipes online.Keep searching so that you get the best which suits your taste. 

Invest in herbs and spices to flavour your food. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, sikhni777 said:

Chick peas, kidney beans, soya beans, all beans actually have protein in them. Cucumbers are especially good for hair as they have silica Iin them. learn to make home made humous- its not hard at all. 

Brown bread sandwitches with sabji filling. Mushrooms are good too. Try veg soups especially minestrone soup.

If you are vegetarian, you need to lwarn to cook too. There are numerous recipes online.Keep searching so that you get the best which suits your taste. 

Invest in herbs and spices to flavour your food. 

there is a lot of iron in dal and beans especially BLACK BEANS  

if you want to learn indian cooking  watch Sanjay on VAHREHVAH.COM   ...food always turns out great and he is a bit enthuastic .

Recommend watching the following channels to get more info :

mic.the Vegan (gives the science papers)

John McDougall (Doctor - starch solution)

Vegsource (all the plant based docs and info)

Vegan style cooking (aussie lady showing various dishes )

Interesting for health topics :

Diverse Health Services

Dr John Bergman 

1 person likes this

Thank you @Not2Cool2Argue Paji and @sikhni777, @jkvlondon Penjis for the nutritional info and those websites.  Got to get out of the aloo syndrome.😤

And as @S4NGH Paji says, vitamins/supplements may be needed if there are any defiencies.  Get your blood tests done.

Edited by simran345

crisp, sweets and chocolates and other unhealthy stuff, i feel so drained and exhausted.

Very bad move. This type of diet is deadly. Lower the carbs and hunt for protein and good fat sources.

1 person likes this

You are craving sweets because your protein intake is too low. Now that you have stopped eating meat you need to add more protein to your diet.  Yoghurt, almonds and daal are all good sources.

1 hour ago, GurukaSinghKhalsa said:

You are craving sweets because your protein intake is too low. Now that you have stopped eating meat you need to add more protein to your diet.  Yoghurt, almonds and daal are all good sources.

Thank you for this information. Which daal would have the most protein? 

On 27/03/2017 at 6:10 PM, simran345 said:

Thank you for this information. Which daal would have the most protein? 

Black beans ... check out Nutritionfacts.org...for all kinds of scientific advice on vegan/veggie diet issues 

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Black beans ... check out Nutritionfacts.org...for all kinds of scientific advice on vegan/veggie diet issues 

Thank you penji @jkvlondon.  Some interesting information about protein and videos which I'll have to watch later.  Has anybody got one of those smoothie makers, are they any good?

Just now, simran345 said:

Thank you penji @jkvlondon.  Some interesting information about protein and videos which I'll have to watch later.  Has anybody got one of those smoothie makers, are they any good?

I bought Mum the nutrininja  one she's very happy , I own a vitamix blender big chunk of change but I can do masala/atta on it in the dry jug so get max use out of it , plus it has a really long guarantee of ten years . 

7 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I bought Mum the nutrininja  one she's very happy , I own a vitamix blender big chunk of change but I can do masala/atta on it in the dry jug so get max use out of it , plus it has a really long guarantee of ten years . 

I was looking at one of the nutrithingymajingys or similar, but the vitamix is costly.  I like how it does atta, though, and masala n other things, but stretches my budget and seems big in size. 

Edited by simran345

7 minutes ago, simran345 said:

I was looking at one of the nutrithingymajingys or similar, but the vitamix is costly.  I like how it does atta, though, and masala n other things, but stretches my budget and seems big in size. 

It makes sense for me because there is six of us in the house , I can batch make smoothies , If you want to just get it for smoothies go for the nutri ninja pro its about 35-40 pounds 

1 person likes this

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor