20 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

it was the number that were initiated  on that day according to more than one retelling I read including mughal spy account who became Ajmer Singh , I'm sure the ikatt was bigger but I didn't want to put down something I couldn't be sure of .

Different people gave different figures. We shouldnt get bogged down in that.

7 minutes ago, chatanga said:

Have just  had a look at those comments. the usual rubbish. She has said much worse about Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth Sahib. Each and every opportunity she gets, she is in there doing nindya. And for someone who can't even read basic gurmukhi, she tries to set herself up as some bastion of knowledge on Gurmat.

Nindaks of Maharaj ji's bani and trying to act so smart as to use every opportunity to go against what mahapurkhs say. The bibis are too indulged in this whole idea of equality and sikh panth is therefore lacking great women to look up to. 

30 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

it was the number that were initiated  on that day according to more than one retelling I read including mughal spy account who became Ajmer Singh , I'm sure the ikatt was bigger but I didn't want to put down something I couldn't be sure of .

Bhenji, found some beautiful katha on jeevani of Mata sahib Kaur ji by giani thakur singh ji on gurmatveechar.com, do have a look!

8 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

Do you lose your age, height and various other personal characteristics?

I'm a really stupid person, so please explain to me what you lose and what you retain once you become a khalsa.

sis honestly you should have lost your krodh a long time back it achieves nothing . Your saroop doesn't change beyond looking a part of the khalsa panth , your deh doesn't change but your hirdey should transform immediately to become komal for the cultivating of naam beej .

If others choose to show their stupidity by disrespecting their SIngh by equating him to a horse controlled by reins instead seeing him as their daily sangat and closest friend on the path after Guru ji , we really need to show them that they are becoming what they don't like vile suppressors of  others on the path.

Sikh women should be self-assured by the knowledge that they have been entrusted with the most precious sewa , nurturing,supporting  and getting gursikhs ready . One doesn't arrive at the sanchar without preparation , and that is where a Singhni importance is , like Sheikh Farid's mother nurtured his bhagti we have that immense role . Entrance to the path is a one time deal , but travelling and growing is a constant lifelong thing .

5 minutes ago, HarkiranKaur said:

Seeing the palla as reins of a horse where the wife is leading her husband is no worse than seeing the palla as a chain leading the wife while the husband is in charge. Neither is in charge over the other. They are ONE. That was my point. I wasn't actually equating it as such but showing how stupid it is to see the husband as being in charge same way. Neither one is in charge or required to be obedient or submissive. They work together as a team and that doesn't mean one leads and one follows. My husband is my absolute soul mate. We journey together as equals. 

And while it's certainly good seva to raise children, to say that women are only meant to raise children and nothing else makes women into valued only for their reproductive tracts and not their own spirituality or ability. And what if a woman can't have children or doesn't want any? She has no value in your eyes??? What r her calling IS to lead in the panth and make a real difference beyond the confines of the house?

your point was lost in your eagerness to score a win in your argument ...If you really believe you are ONE then do you need to be upset about who goes first ? You disrespected sikhi by attaching manmat soch to such a pavitar ceremony and really should have stopped well before .

Did I say women are ONLY meant to produce children ? I didn't even say that they have to give birth , you can nurture Gursikhi in your life partner , in your friends, family members, even general society . If you have no spirituality, no jeevan, no karni  how on Earth are you going to do that ? Do you not believe that our packed lives are not already blessed and complete with the jewel of  Gursikhi ? I don't think I need to be in charge of anything to be complete ... 

I refuse to put down others to elevate myself  this is not a sikh attitude 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HarkiranKaur said:

Men put down women openly in order to elevate themselves. Nobody says anything about that.

also why does women's contribution always have to be subtle and behind the lines? Why can't women be leaders in the panth and lead men? What's so wrong with that? Why do we need to only take the 'nurture' role where we nurture someone else's gifts instead of following our own? Men following theirs steps on women's dreams all the time. You will not say anything against that?

Men are the sargun embodiment of Akal Purekh... women are the sargun embodiment of Adh Shakti... which is Akal Purekhs Shakti by which whole of sargun creation manifests itself. When the two come together (shiv-shakti) then creation expands. Adh Shakti has the ability to create but only on the hukam of Akal purekh. When Akal Purekh had a desire to became many from one he first manifested his Shakti (Adh Shakti). His desire to become many from one was manifest by Adh Shakti.

A woman has the ability to create new life when she gives birth but can only do so when a man plants his seed (desire) inside her.

The cosmic play of Akal Purek -Adh Shakti (Shiv-Shakti) has manifested in sargun form in the form of men & women.

You have a lot to learn 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HarkiranKaur said:

Seeing the palla as reins of a horse where the wife is leading her husband is no worse than seeing the palla as a chain leading the wife while the husband is in charge.

Yet no Sikh male says "I had a chain round my wife as we walked around guru Granth Sahib during the lavan. Yet you.....

4 hours ago, HarkiranKaur said:

What r her calling IS to lead in the panth and make a real difference beyond the confines of the house?

Sikh women have done that in the past and no doubt will do so in the future. No Sikh male stops their wife from doing these.

Another trait of hers. talk abut women in the panj pyare sewa. get nowhere, no it's onto having babies and leadership roles.

Don't be fooled by her serpent tongue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HarkiranKaur said:

Men put down women openly in order to elevate themselves. Nobody says anything about that.

also why does women's contribution always have to be subtle and behind the lines? Why can't women be leaders in the panth and lead men? What's so wrong with that? Why do we need to only take the 'nurture' role where we nurture someone else's gifts instead of following our own? Men following theirs steps on women's dreams all the time. You will not say anything against that?

Openly? Sikh men? Where ? Tell us where and we will say something about it. Otherwise keep you vague statements to yourself.

• Like 1

Hey chatanga and dalsingh, I found satkiran from Sikh awareness!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HarkiranKaur said:

You guys can call me loser all you want. Water off a ducks back. Nothing I have said is wrong. Male and female are equal in sikhi and whether you personally believe it or not does not matter. And nothing I said goes against Sikh Rehet Maryada. 

because it says in rehit maryada to never curse at a women (muh phitkarna) or to raise a hand to her, to treat her with utmost satkar does that mean you as a SIKH PRIVILEGED FEMALE use it as a platform to make up stuff to pour hatred and scorn onto your brothers ???

Please come off your abrahamic influenced paranoia cloud and live in the real world : has a sikh man said to your face anything other than they believe the panj should be male , for instance, you cannot have amrit, you cannot read Gurbani/take Guru Vaak, go Gurdwara, do sewa, do prakash/sukasan of Guru ji , sing kirtan , learn gurmukhi, do santhiya, learn gatka, or any of the many many different aspects of sewa ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HarkiranKaur said:

You guys can call me loser all you want. Water off a ducks back. Nothing I have said is wrong. Male and female are equal in sikhi and whether you personally believe it or not does not matter. And nothing I said goes against Sikh Rehet Maryada. 

The Gurus gave sikh women equality in terms of respect... they were not given complete gender equality which blurs the lines of which role(s) & attributes each gender has been created to fulfill.

Sikh women and men are equal too the point that both were created by Akal Purekh.... that's as far as it goes. The roles & duties for each are seperate & distinct. 

• Like 2