The modern day "Kaurs"

Guest Jacfsing2

Don't want to offend anyone, but women have no business in being in the Punj Pyare because the Punj Pyare represent Guru Sahib and the first 10 of the Gurus were male. (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the only one who is genderless), among that if we believe that Punj Pyare represent Guru Sahib you'd realize why they can't be Punj Pyare. Amrit is still important for both genders, and anyone who gives Kirpan-Di-Amrit to a woman is a Pakhandi. There is one Amrit: which came from Charan Pahul to Khandi-Di-Pahul which is required for both genders!

6 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Don't want to offend anyone, but women have no business in being in the Punj Pyare because the Punj Pyare represent Guru Sahib and the first 10 of the Gurus were male. (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the only one who is genderless), among that if we believe that Punj Pyare represent Guru Sahib you'd realize why they can't be Punj Pyare. Amrit is still important for both genders, and anyone who gives Kirpan-Di-Amrit to a woman is a Pakhandi. There is one Amrit: which came from Charan Pahul to Khandi-Di-Pahul which is required for both genders!

That reasoning is the worst possible reasoning lol

It's simple. Panj piyare who gave their head were male so to represent them you need 5 Singhs no if and or buts about it. If one or more were Bibi jis then appropriately they would be in Panj 

Just now, Jacfsing2 said:

but you have no objection to a female granthi ?  Because I agree that it would be improper to expect a bibi to get ready and change into bana with her bros as is part of the preparation of the panj . Each time one of the panj reads a bani to prepare the amrit he represents the Guru/ App parmeshvar , no female guru ji so no female panj. 

This whole female panj thing was introduced by 3HO manmat . Also that huge protest at harmandir Sahib about palkisahib sewa .

Guest Jacfsing2
5 minutes ago, Singh559 said:

That reasoning is the worst possible reasoning lol

It's simple. Panj piyare who gave their head were male so to represent them you need 5 Singhs no if and or buts about it. If one or more were Bibi jis then appropriately they would be in Panj 

What's wrong with what I said? The Punj Pyare represent the Guru.

4 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

but you have no objection to a female granthi ?  Because I agree that it would be improper to expect a bibi to get ready and change into bana with her bros as is part of the preparation of the panj . Each time one of the panj reads a bani to prepare the amrit he represents the Guru/ App parmeshvar , no female guru ji so no female panj. 

This whole female panj thing was introduced by 3HO manmat . Also that huge protest at harmandir Sahib about palkisahib sewa .

In a non-Amrit Sanchar session I have no objection to a female Granthis; however, for Amrit Sanchar I have no side but wouldn't want it personally. (Not an issue worth fighting for, but female in Punj Pyare is something I am completely against). Female Punj Pyare started with that Randhir Singh, who st one moment allowed a female Punj Pyare to give Amrit since their were no males, my view is this INVITE SOME OUTSIDER AMRITDHARI SINGH BEFORE ALLOWING A KAUR TO BE A PUNJ PYARE

Guest Jacfsing2
9 minutes ago, HarkiranKaur said:

If you are reducing the Gurus to a gender you have really missed the mark! They were one with Akal purakh. Gender was meaningless. The reason for male form was that in that time a female form would have been ignored. Even today most men see women as inferior and lower spiritually. This thread is a good example.

8 minutes ago, HarkiranKaur said:

Your post reeks of hatred towards women.  That and a bit of superiority complex since you are male. 

My post is not hatred for women, but rather love for Guru Sahib. I haven't even mentioned anything that was about females being inferior to men. In fact from Gurbani mentions how from women even kings are born. If you think it's because of me wanting to be a Punj Pyare, let me tell you I don't feel good enough myself for such a duty. This Seva should require the ultimate strictness and one of those rules being male. The rest some other person can argue with you, because as far as I know you probably haven't even taken Amrit, yet still arguing on something far extended even normal rules. Someone else can do Seva of teaching you. This is my last post on this topic. I said what I needed to say.

16 minutes ago, HarkiranKaur said:

Not 3HO.... there were females in Panj Pyaras long before 3HO. And AKJ openly practices it. 

sis,  3ho have been in circulation since the 1970s and they are the ones who circulated pictures of all female panj piare (some of the faces I have seen in connection with hindu worship also) ...I can't say I've seen a mixed Panj yet but due to the gurmat  kamai based selection criteria of akj panj I could imagine them having no objections.  

33 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

What's wrong with what I said? The Punj Pyare represent the Guru.

In a non-Amrit Sanchar session I have no objection to a female Granthis; however, for Amrit Sanchar I have no side but wouldn't want it personally. (Not an issue worth fighting for, but female in Punj Pyare is something I am completely against). Female Punj Pyare started with that Randhir Singh, who st one moment allowed a female Punj Pyare to give Amrit since their were no males, my view is this INVITE SOME OUTSIDER AMRITDHARI SINGH BEFORE ALLOWING A KAUR TO BE A PUNJ PYARE

mate don't you think that last comment was more than a little harsh , you admit yourself that there were no males  of the required calibre thus another khalsa of appropriate calibre was used ... Bhai Randhir Singh would have known their level of kamai due his own level .