The modern day "Kaurs"

11 minutes ago, Khalistanisinghni said:

There were over 80,000 Sikhs. Not sure where did you get the 35K.

it was the number that were initiated  on that day according to more than one retelling I read including mughal spy account who became Ajmer Singh , I'm sure the ikatt was bigger but I didn't want to put down something I couldn't be sure of .

6 hours ago, HarkiranKaur said:

And what if the woman is the one who has 'already trodden' these footsteps by taking Amrit while the husband has yet to?

O twisted one, we are talking lavan and now you want to bring in amrit sinchar to it?

The lavaans have nothing to do with delegating someone in charge over the other.

Who said they did? It's you who is throwing this muck around that if the man steps one foot in front of his wife then he is the leader and she is subservient. No-one else here is saying that women are subservient, in Gurmat or otherwise.

In our marriage I had just as much control of him as he had of me. If I wanted him to slow down all I had to do was pull back on the Palla.

And if he wanted to drag you round all he had to do was put his back into it!

Remember in who's hand the palla is and around who's neck it is!!!

To add to all the stupid things you have repeated on  forums to the point pof making people vomit, this is one of the few that are equally hilarious. You are describing yourself as a noose around your husbands neck. How stupid is that? What do nooses do? They restrict breath until the victim dies. Is that what you really are? You can choose when to end your husbandds life?

You have said some realy stupid things on this forum. I would give up whilst you are  still a joke, rather than give up when you are a mental case.

For the benefit of other readers, I would like to point out that the palla is not worn around the neck but over the shoulder. Neither does the female pulling on the palla achieve anything The man still still have total control of the palla. Even if the woman stands stil, all that will happen is the pala will fall from her hands.

Something this harkiran creature did a long time ago, when she tried to place her own mat over the Guru's mat.

My favourite analogy for those who want to make it into some statement of who gets to be in charge... think of the palls like reins and a chariot. The wife is the rider in control holding the reins.

And now your husbands a horse. Still his manure will go to mask the stench of manmat coming from you.

He may have been 'in front' at the marriage but you'll find most times in our day to day life I am or we switch and that's where it matters more because that's our life. I know that bothers you that I have authority in my marriage as an equal.

There is no "may" about it. he was at tyhe front, you were behind hijm following in his EVERY footstep. And I couldn't care less about your married life. I feel sorry for your husband though, having to use his tail constantly to swat away all those flies and now there is one massive fly who won't stop buzzing.

Even for paath we take turns reciting together meaning no one person leads.

You haven't even progressed beyond the Panjabi alphabet in the last 20 years, how can you be reading any paath?

By the way there are people who say 100 years ago their great grandparents never even circled SGGSJ they just stayed in front for all 4 lavaans. 

By the way, there are people who say that women never took Khande ki pahul 100 years ago. So what?

7 minutes ago, HarkiranKaur said:

When I said 'us' I meant women not Sikhs. Other religions see women as subordinate and here to just serve men and bear children but never be leaders over men.

I meant women when I posted it.  No other religions say that Gurmat sees women as subordinate. Stop your lying...

7 minutes ago, HarkiranKaur said:

Our Gurus never saw us (as in women) in that way and women masands is proof...

of what? The greatest proof would have been if a woman was made Guru.

And there it ends heopfully. You haven't got anything to add to this topic so just give this forum and all other forums a break. Work on yourself first. Good luck.

19 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

it was the number that were initiated  on that day according to more than one retelling I read including mughal spy account who became Ajmer Singh , I'm sure the ikatt was bigger but I didn't want to put down something I couldn't be sure of .

Guess i have to work on readings and katha :grin

22 minutes ago, Khalistanisinghni said:

She is the same person commenting on this video as well ...

Have just  had a look at those comments. the usual rubbish. She has said much worse about Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth Sahib. Each and every opportunity she gets, she is in there doing nindya. And for someone who can't even read basic gurmukhi, she tries to set herself up as some bastion of knowledge on Gurmat.

20 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Different people gave different figures. We shouldnt get bogged down in that.

7 minutes ago, chatanga said:

Have just  had a look at those comments. the usual rubbish. She has said much worse about Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth Sahib. Each and every opportunity she gets, she is in there doing nindya. And for someone who can't even read basic gurmukhi, she tries to set herself up as some bastion of knowledge on Gurmat.

Nindaks of Maharaj ji's bani and trying to act so smart as to use every opportunity to go against what mahapurkhs say. The bibis are too indulged in this whole idea of equality and sikh panth is therefore lacking great women to look up to. 

30 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Bhenji, found some beautiful katha on jeevani of Mata sahib Kaur ji by giani thakur singh ji on gurmatveechar.com, do have a look!

8 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

Do you lose your age, height and various other personal characteristics?

I'm a really stupid person, so please explain to me what you lose and what you retain once you become a khalsa.

sis honestly you should have lost your krodh a long time back it achieves nothing . Your saroop doesn't change beyond looking a part of the khalsa panth , your deh doesn't change but your hirdey should transform immediately to become komal for the cultivating of naam beej .

If others choose to show their stupidity by disrespecting their SIngh by equating him to a horse controlled by reins instead seeing him as their daily sangat and closest friend on the path after Guru ji , we really need to show them that they are becoming what they don't like vile suppressors of  others on the path.

Sikh women should be self-assured by the knowledge that they have been entrusted with the most precious sewa , nurturing,supporting  and getting gursikhs ready . One doesn't arrive at the sanchar without preparation , and that is where a Singhni importance is , like Sheikh Farid's mother nurtured his bhagti we have that immense role . Entrance to the path is a one time deal , but travelling and growing is a constant lifelong thing .

5 minutes ago, HarkiranKaur said:

Seeing the palla as reins of a horse where the wife is leading her husband is no worse than seeing the palla as a chain leading the wife while the husband is in charge. Neither is in charge over the other. They are ONE. That was my point. I wasn't actually equating it as such but showing how stupid it is to see the husband as being in charge same way. Neither one is in charge or required to be obedient or submissive. They work together as a team and that doesn't mean one leads and one follows. My husband is my absolute soul mate. We journey together as equals. 

And while it's certainly good seva to raise children, to say that women are only meant to raise children and nothing else makes women into valued only for their reproductive tracts and not their own spirituality or ability. And what if a woman can't have children or doesn't want any? She has no value in your eyes??? What r her calling IS to lead in the panth and make a real difference beyond the confines of the house?

your point was lost in your eagerness to score a win in your argument ...If you really believe you are ONE then do you need to be upset about who goes first ? You disrespected sikhi by attaching manmat soch to such a pavitar ceremony and really should have stopped well before .

Did I say women are ONLY meant to produce children ? I didn't even say that they have to give birth , you can nurture Gursikhi in your life partner , in your friends, family members, even general society . If you have no spirituality, no jeevan, no karni  how on Earth are you going to do that ? Do you not believe that our packed lives are not already blessed and complete with the jewel of  Gursikhi ? I don't think I need to be in charge of anything to be complete ... 

I refuse to put down others to elevate myself  this is not a sikh attitude