The modern day "Kaurs"

Guest Jacfsing2
29 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

mate don't you think that last comment was more than a little harsh , you admit yourself that there were no males  of the required calibre thus another khalsa of appropriate calibre was used ... Bhai Randhir Singh would have known their level of kamai due his own level . 

I can understand why my views might be a bit harsh, but with someone like Randhir Singh, who's famous for not compromising on many parts he believed were Gurmat, to compromise something which is common knowledge is just ridiculous. Woman should take Amrit, which is something important; however, equally important in maintaining the sacredness of this Seva, there are so many other wonderful Sevas, Prachars, and Gurmat-oriented for a woman to do, all of them important and can inspire Kaurs of all ages to do right things. I'd really like to see Randhir Singh have the guts to do this at Mehta or Bhindran or even Nanded, he never did this there because he knew what was right and wrong. Baba Deep Singh Ji would've given him some form of punishment.

Guest Jacfsing2
3 minutes ago, HarkiranKaur said:

If you have such Love for the Guru then respect your only and eternal Guru, Guru Granth Sahib ji. Gurbani says as Gurmukh to see ALL with a single eye of equality (which means treat equally) for in each and every heart the divine light is contained. That divine light is the ONE and only light of Akal Purakh. By dismissing bibis with a statement like that to say an outsider Singh is still better than such a lowly Kaur, you are actually refusing Akal Purakh in female form to do this seva! Gurbani says he IS the male AND the female. The chess player and the board, it's the same ONE actor who is playing ALL the characters. This world is an illusion. A dream. Gender is transient and inconsequential. A <banned word filter activated> won't get you anywhere when this life is done. 

For your information yes I have taken Amrit at a historical Gurdwara in Kashmir. And the Panj Pyaras that day specifically told us Kaur's present that day they WANT to see some of us in their place some day and that there is NOTHING in Gurbani that prohibits it. Gurbani sees all humans as equal. It's male ego who can't let go of privilege. 

There is a saying that for those who have been always given privilege, equality seems like oppression to them. That's why men who have had it so good for so long feel so threatened to give Kaurs their due right to equality. 

Preparing amrit does not require male anatomy. It requires high avastha which both males and females can attain and it requires strict Rehet and physical ability to carry out the ceremony. The light of the Guru is genderless. Guru Ji will come if any five Sikhs with high avastha are preparing Amrit. Learn to see past the physical shell and see the divine light instead. 

Don't know if your fluent in English but:

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

This is my last post on this topic. I said what I needed to say.

From my side, I'm done with the arguing with you, argue with someone else now. :waheguru:

35 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I can understand why my views might be a bit harsh, but with someone like Randhir Singh, who's famous for not compromising on many parts he believed were Gurmat, to compromise something which is common knowledge is just ridiculous. Woman should take Amrit, which is something important; however, equally important in maintaining the sacredness of this Seva, there are so many other wonderful Sevas, Prachars, and Gurmat-oriented for a woman to do, all of them important and can inspire Kaurs of all ages to do right things. I'd really like to see Randhir Singh have the guts to do this at Mehta or Bhindran or even Nanded, he never did this there because he knew what was right and wrong. Baba Deep Singh Ji would've given him some form of punishment.

I will not criticise Bhai Sahib because he was brahmgiani and I know that there are points of contention which Sant Baba Thakur Singh ji had with him but they could agree to disagree to maintain panthic ekta , we should all try to not be so rigid that we started to see our brothers and sisters as 'other' . Waheguru ji will make his wish for the panth clear. 

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

I will not criticise Bhai Sahib because he was brahmgiani and I know that there are points of contention which Sant Baba Thakur Singh ji had with him but they could agree to disagree to maintain panthic ekta , we should all try to not be so rigid that we started to see our brothers and sisters as 'other' . Waheguru ji will make his wish for the panth clear. 

Ok, I apologize if I offended anyone, but my views are still the same and it is that females shouldn't be Punj Pyare. Bhul Chuk Maaf

5 hours ago, HarkiranKaur said:

So tell me why does their gender matter? Does their caste matter? Should we only allow those from the castes who volunteered that day? How about skin colour? Should no white singhs be allowed since no white singh volunteered heir head that day? Why is it only gender matters???? And please use Gurbani to support your answer. 

This is a great point.

Why do people insist on replicating the gender of the panj pyare, but not their other attributes?

Why not insist on panj pyare who come from the same geographic areas, same castes, have the same height/weights, same ages, etc. as the original panj pyare?

It just shows how ridiculous it is to insist that the panj pyare be male.

12 hours ago, Khalistanisinghni said:

WJKK WJKF,

Now before this discussion begins, spare us all with "you aren't perfect so stop talking", "they might be better off on the inside" wale bachans, because yes, they might be better than us on the inside and we are not perfect. But as a panth, we should have the right to make sure that people are not misunderstanding sikhi and defining it their way, instead of that defined by Guru ji.

there are quite a few women, who tie dastars and are amritdhari, beautiful but then some of them constantly reject the maryada. Now, I have been taught that a true Sikh never neglects the maryada and a true Sikh aims to follow the most of it. These women wear make up, shorts and low-neck shirts, dancing and singing songs, swearing. While feminism has a great role to play in the whole "make up and clothing" choices, they often blame some Singhs for exposing their body, which I am against, simply because both parties are luring the other into "lust" (read it from a post, makes sense)

i read a few posts from kaurlife and they wish to achieve women equality by wearing fewer clothes because singhs do it, participate in the panj pyare and walking beside their husband during anand karaj. Ignoring that as a panth we are all in it together, we shall help each other instead of trying our best to let the other spiritually down. 

It is hard to have them listen to us, so... Opinions ?

Sikh females are caught in an ideological war of idea's which is mostly between the far left liberal western atheist hedonist corruption and the extreme traditional right wing conservative nature of following rehit to the letter types. The same battle Sikh boys are going through especially if they are born into a keshdhari/amrithdari household but they not as much pressure to conform to an ideal that kaurs are expected to be.

Eventually what happens is that they rebel after they get some freedom or they fall out with their family. So we see cases of keshdhari Sikh boys cutting their own hair that they kept since birth and blame it on some random stranger. Then a big hoo haa follows and cries of racist attack but eventually it turns out the guy cut his kesh themselves because of the pressures of living a dastaar wearing Sikh in society. Like the case that was in scotland a few years ago.

We see cases like harnam kaur from slough, uk the "bearded lady" who thinks sikhi means you can wear miniskirts show your legs/body off, have tattoos, wear lipstick/makeup and look like a clown while having a huge 10inch beard. We see bibiyan who have moushtashes and thinking they being extra religious and eventually some Sikh guy will find that attractive. Chances of them getting married is very slim and so they fall into depression and other health problems.

You have some girls on instagram who are born into well known jatha or gurdwara commitee member families but they dress like wh0res and they chat to random non-sikh guys who gives them attention. Some even go as far as to take up boozing, clubbing and eventually sleeping with random guys at school, college and uni all under the noses of their religious family members. They have gone the other extreme of rebelling into atheistic hedonistic filth.

Then lastly we have Sikh women organisations instead of giving guidance and advice for Sikh females to stray clear from non-sikh ideologies and influences they are promoting non-sikh filth like 3rd wave feminism and helping with domestic abuse cases against men instead of getting to the root of the problem and resolving that. Basically killing their own community without offering real help that can save marriages, relationships, family and the sikh panth.

The best way is around the middle way not to the extremes of the left and the right. There is no such thing as total gender equality in nature nor in Sikhi. Those who claim there is need to show evidence. as SGGS Ji clearly states for women to dress modestly.

Kaurs have to be wise and think long term about prospects and how to help themselves spiritually and Sikhi grow in terms of demographics. They have been unique responsibility of bring the next generation of life into the world. Sikh guys dont have that ability and therefore they need to dress modestly, only date and marry Sikh guys and try to life as best as they can according to the wisdom of SGGS Ji.

4 hours ago, HarkiranKaur said:

If you have such Love for the Guru then respect your only and eternal Guru, Guru Granth Sahib ji. Gurbani says as Gurmukh to see ALL with a single eye of equality (which means treat equally) for in each and every heart the divine light is contained. That divine light is the ONE and only light of Akal Purakh. By dismissing bibis with a statement like that to say an outsider Singh is still better than such a lowly Kaur, you are actually refusing Akal Purakh in female form to do this seva! Gurbani says he IS the male AND the female. The chess player and the board, it's the same ONE actor who is playing ALL the characters. This world is an illusion. A dream. Gender is transient and inconsequential. A <banned word filter activated> won't get you anywhere when this life is done. 

For your information yes I have taken Amrit at a historical Gurdwara in Kashmir. And the Panj Pyaras that day specifically told us Kaur's present that day they WANT to see some of us in their place some day and that there is NOTHING in Gurbani that prohibits it. Gurbani sees all humans as equal. It's male ego who can't let go of privilege. 

There is a saying that for those who have been always given privilege, equality seems like oppression to them. That's why men who have had it so good for so long feel so threatened to give Kaurs their due right to equality. 

Preparing amrit does not require male anatomy. It requires high avastha which both males and females can attain and it requires strict Rehet and physical ability to carry out the ceremony. The light of the Guru is genderless. Guru Ji will come if any five Sikhs with high avastha are preparing Amrit. Learn to see past the physical shell and see the divine light instead. 

So did pita ji ask for a Sikh's head, not that of a man or woman. But then there is something called surgun saroop, the panj pyare who stood up became the surgun saroop and now the male are used SIMPLY TO represent that surgun saroop, they obviously come from mothers with avasta. So there, this is the sewa a woman can do, give birth to great gursikh pyare by being a gursikh themselves. Also, I wonder why no sikh woman ever thought of having to mess with this part of sikhi, if I am not wrong, I have seen a woman commenting under a video of sant jarnail singh ji khalsa bhindranwale with the same name and logic, and tbh one of the reasons for this post. 

Read the history, read some books.

(I don't even know what the masands have to do here)

6 minutes ago, Khalistanisinghni said:

So did pita ji ask for a Sikh's head, not that of a man or woman. But then there is something called surgun saroop, the panj pyare who stood up became the surgun saroop and now the male are used SIMPLY TO represent that surgun saroop, they obviously come from mothers with avasta. So there, this is the sewa a woman can do, give birth to great gursikh pyare by being a gursikh themselves. Also, I wonder why no sikh woman ever thought of having to mess with this part of sikhi, if I am not wrong, I have seen a woman commenting under a video of sant jarnail singh ji khalsa bhindranwale with the same name and logic, and tbh one of the reasons for this post. 

Read the history, read some books.

(I don't even know what the masands have to do here)

bro ,itihassic records say that the crowds at Anandpur were over 35,000 and Dal historians say there were not many women present , would it not be harsh to condemn women on the basis that they were not 5 out 35,000 ? They are not any less Children of Guru Pita ji and often in our history been the sole carers and makers of mahaan gursikhs  e.g. Bhai Taru Singh ji 

bros may consider being less condemning and more encouraging of your lost sisters ...return the favour 

1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

bro ,itihassic records say that the crowds at Anandpur were over 35,000 and Dal historians say there were not many women present , would it not be harsh to condemn women on the basis that they were not 5 out 35,000 ? They are not any less Children of Guru Pita ji and often in our history been the sole carers and makers of mahaan gursikhs  e.g. Bhai Taru Singh ji 

bros may consider being less condemning and more encouraging of your lost sisters ...return the favour 

Why is it when in the hukam of akal purkh, the five who stood up happened to be male, ready to become Singhs and khalsa. So if the panth was allowed, they would let female children represent the chaar sahibzaade in the name of equality. 

To whom shall are you showing this side of equality, what are you/anyone trying to prove by having the bibis in between the singhs. I just fail to see equality here but just manmat

Harkiran kaur bhenji,

SGPC maryada is not the panthic maryada. It has not been accepted. I rather follow the maryada from taksal/dals that can be dated back to the times guru sahib. They don't show women as inferior, they just accept as he plays, they are filled with sant/mahapurkh when SGPC is filled with, nvrm.