Guest Jacfsing2

Gender Ratio of Amritdharis?

On 16/03/2017 at 1:11 AM, sikhni777 said:

Someone who wears a dastar once told me ... he does not want his son to have a handicap of dastar which will limit his swimming abilities.

So ridiculous !

Its unbelievable that some of us can be so stupid ! 

You should have asked him what stopped him from removing / cutting off that handicap for himself ?

Its not like a circumcision is  it ?? Its not a one way thing ! His parents chose dastaar for him , now he can cut his hair and say bye to it ? whats the deal ?!! why pretend to be victim of your own faith , when we have such a beautiful faith ?

I think most sikhs are spoiled by freebies our guru always gave us (langar and feasts among others) come to my mind . Such people deserved to be hindus or muslims who would stand long queues in line in temple/dargah only to return empty handed/stomached

• Like 1

On 16/03/2017 at 3:08 AM, MisterrSingh said:

It's for the best. At least if there's less of them they're safe from guys like OP. :rofl I'm just kidding with you, Singh.

Come on ! you're better than this ! 

Joking on a serious thread ?? this is where the problems start in panth ! we take things not seriously and rest you know 

10 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Come on ! you're better than this ! 

Joking on a serious thread ?? this is where the problems start in panth ! we take things not seriously and rest you know 

I can't be in Sant mode 24/7. I'm not a machine. I struggle to be in Sant mode for an hour, lol, jokes.

On 16/03/2017 at 7:36 AM, californiasardar1 said:

I think women view keeping body hair as a great limitation that will isolate them socially.  I think that at least partially explains the amritdhari gender gap.  But that is only one factor.

Don't sikh men feel isolated socially ? How many men around you are wrapping a 5 meter cloth on their head and never cutting their hair/beard ? You know well ! 

Don't we all have those bad days in offices when its not just the work pressure but also because our turban isn't tied well and it hurts like hell !? 

then what excuse do kaurs have ? bullocks ! 

In general, I think young Sikh women are less inclined to feel a connection with their Sikh heritage than young Sikh men are (even in cases where that connection does not necessarily involve being amritdhari).

For this, I blame their conflation of Sikhi with conservative Punjabi culture

So now all those bhangre and gidde burraaaaahhhhhs are paying back , no ?

We used to be known as a community of raga kirtans and "ucha sucha jeevan" but now people raise eyebrows if you tell them you're a "singh" and you don't drink or eat meat. 

Revelation of sikhi to punjabis was kinda mistake I guess lol

6 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I can't be in Sant mode 24/7. I'm not a machine. I struggle to be in Sant mode for an hour, lol, jokes.

uncle ji no one expects you to be in sant mode all time . We can create a separate thread/section for light humor lol.

And besides , lets stop using "sant" so generically haha

"Sant" is ultimate spiritual station ! It is being one with god ! 

Guest Jacfsing2

Bumping this: Is it really that hard for Amritdharis to find Rishtas that some people propose Chacking Amrit after marriage; I'd assume it would be easier for an Amritdhari Kaurs to find Rishtas than an Amritdhari Singhs, because the gender ratio should benefit them; (if the Amritdhari Singhs are ONLY willing to have an Anand Karaj with someone who's Chacked Amrit before them meeting; rather than open to the "Willing to Take Amrit" crowd)?