genie

European courts of human rights ruling against muslim headscrafs could impact against Sikh turbans

genie    1,109

The recent ruling on employers/businesses in the EU being allowed to ban overt religious/political signs/symbols like headscarfs will probably have an impact on Sikh turbans as a company can claim they want workplace with no religious clothing showing to create a neutral one size fits all policy.

It would obviously have a negative impact on already discriminated and prejudged Sikh men of south asian background/ brown skin with facial hair and on top of it them not being allowed to wear their own turbans.

• Like 2

Ranjeet01    1,145

Well with all Panga being done by our islamic friends and with the threat of right wing governments, the EU has to do something to keep everything together.

With the financial problems in Greece, elections in France and the Netherlands there is a real threat of countries leaving the EU.

Unfortunately, Sikhs as per usual have to face the brunt of this.

What is interesting is France did similar things 15 years ago, and Sikhs then face the brunt of this.

Wondering if this going to be the same but EU wide.

• Like 1

genie    1,109
21 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Well with all Panga being done by our islamic friends and with the threat of right wing governments, the EU has to do something to keep everything together.

With the financial problems in Greece, elections in France and the Netherlands there is a real threat of countries leaving the EU.

Unfortunately, Sikhs as per usual have to face the brunt of this.

What is interesting is France did similar things 15 years ago, and Sikhs then face the brunt of this.

Wondering if this going to be the same but EU wide.

yup Islamo-fascists have give all religious minded people a bad name and made it that much harder for non-muslim people who are religiously inclined to have a fair crack of the whip in terms of jobs and equal human rights.

The two biggest oppressors of humanity and in western society in present times are evil vile islamo-fascists who want to impose own their way on everyone and the equally evil vile atheist fascists who want to try to do the same thing.

• Like 1

MisterrSingh    2,803

Good thing the ruling can be enforced at the discretion of the employer. A sensible boss will value good workers who wear the dastaar. I work in a blue collar place with all sorts, and i genuinely can't see my boss ridding the place of more than half his workers, lol, i hope! I need to eat!

It is strange to see the hardcore pro-EU Sikhs fall silent at this ruling. The cognitive dissonance this issue has caused is perhaps proving to be too much at the moment. The career politicians in Brussels are no more egalitarian and enlightened than the ones in Westminster. Ultimately it's all self interest and - here comes the word - populism. 

Edited by MisterrSingh
  • Like 1

Guest Jacfsing2   
Guest Jacfsing2

Here's the biggest problem for actual business owners and that is asking Sikhs to remove Dastars is not a smart idea for work-purposes because no offense Goras and Khalas aren't exactly as hard-working as immigrant groups, personally, I feel that is why even illegal immigrants in America will stay because Goras aren't going to be interested in being janitors and second-rate folks like Hispanics are.

jkvlondon    3,500
8 minutes ago, singh598 said:

My God the amount of racist comments infavour of this ban 

where veer ji I am worried for my friends and family on the mainland and those here in the Uk because such a ban could be implemented over here without any qualifiers since we are brexiting ....