Persecuted and oppressed Afghan sikhs on trial for coming into UK illegally

genie

Just now, Jacfsing2 said:

Honestly I've rarely seen any Sikh women with Dastars, (though I've seen a few), maybe it has something to do with Dhumma making the Taksal liberal? Or maybe the Singh Sabha Movement, I don't really know where it comes from.

AKJ and DDT bibian all used to wear small keshkis under their chunnis since I was a kid (ages before 1970s) then girls started wearing larger dastaars as their confidence in their sikhi grew , In Uk there are quite a few dastarwalian bibian of all styles.

Guest Jacfsing2
46 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

AKJ and DDT bibian all used to wear small keshkis under their chunnis since I was a kid (ages before 1970s) then girls started wearing larger dastaars as their confidence in their sikhi grew , In Uk there are quite a few dastarwalian bibian of all styles.

Taksal no longer believes in keski requirement for women, (they used to but now they don't), personally I would prefer Sikh rights to be expanded with kirpans of the gatra, before the issue of Keskis on Amritdhari women's heads. Until a new official Maryada is established for the entire Panth, we will have to influence individuals instead of a collective. Also the Singh Sabha Movement is the cause for what's going on in our Gurdwaras today, we were more free before it then after it.

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Taksal no longer believes in keski requirement for women, (they used to but now they don't), personally I would prefer Sikh rights to be expanded with kirpans of the gatra, before the issue of Keskis on Amritdhari women's heads. Until a new official Maryada is established for the entire Panth, we will have to influence individuals instead of a collective. Also the Singh Sabha Movement is the cause for what's going on in our Gurdwaras today, we were more free before it then after it.

what are you talking about kirpans ? don't bibian wear kirpans either now , what the hell is going on ? When did this happen because we have DDT granthis of my mum's age over here and their bibis were indistinguishable from AKJ because they have full 5 plus keshki . Sant ji's wife wore a dastar and was rehitvaan too so is this in the last decade ?Akal Takht amrit sanchars bibian wore dastars after having khande di bata amrit up until 1920s when it was suppressed

Guest Jacfsing2
6 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

what are you talking about kirpans ? don't bibian wear kirpans either now , what the hell is going on ? When did this happen because we have DDT granthis of my mum's age over here and their bibis were indistinguishable from AKJ because they have full 5 plus keshki . Sant ji's wife wore a dastar and was rehitvaan too so is this in the last decade ?Akal Takht amrit sanchars bibian wore dastars after having khande di bata amrit up until 1920s when it was suppressed

I'm referring to Sikh rights not to be allowed Kirpans during flights and anything similar to that. Sadly we don't live in some Khalsa Raj where this type of freedom would be allowed.

18 hours ago, Preeet said:

Im actually amritdhari, and Ive been told its okay to do that when necessary. Kinda like how some sikhs dressed up as jyotish pandits after they scared (in forms of lions) that muslim king to free our guru sahib ji.

This is utter bakwaas. Do you work for the sri DailyMail ji? Perhaps The HINDU?