Akalisingh788

Path maryada

3 posts in this topic

Yes they can. As long as there is full respect of Gurbani. Some may tend to not because sometimes when familoes are not amritdari the environment can become a little unsuitable.  If the maryada is adhered to I.e. no shoes heads covered nothing manmat in the room such as family pics above gurbani etc. This applies to amritdaris aswell because not all amritdaris have a gurmat home environment. Regardless of amrit taken or not just take the satkaar into consideration and priority.  Maharaj krpa karan

Sure they can as long as they show full satkar and use prescribed rehit for the paat . I don't see a problem , even non-sikhs have been doing sehaj paats for obtaining gian  and kirpa .

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• Maybe with your karma you were probably supposed to be expelled that day; and Vaheguru took that out. Sorry but there are 3 types of Karma: The Karma in your bank account, (which must be used, may be destroyed with Gur-Prassad), The Karma that you MUST pay in this life, (No exception, but can be reduced with Gur-Prassad), and the Karma that you will accumulate in this life; that should be payed in life, (may or may not be forgiven). Your Bhagti and Ardas could have decreased the debt that you were suppose to pay in this life, by merely failing the test, instead of failing. This is what separates from every other Monotheistic religions; except Sikhi; and that is we believe in Karma; and how we are different from the other Dharmic Faiths is we believe in grace and mercy; (Sikhi is a universal region; only referred it as Dharmic due to location of founding). You probably studied enough to pass; but all Karma that must be paid is paid either in full; or Guru Sahib takes your bad Karma for you and says take it away. This isn't gurbani, but we read it during Ardas: "Nanak Naam Jahaz Hai, Chade So Uttre Paar O Nanak, the name of Waheguru is like a ship which will take You to Your salvation (Take You across the ocean of life) Jo Sharda Kare Sevde, Gur Paar Uttaran Hor The ones who preach Waheguru’s name in their hearts, He takes those to their salvation Gur Paar Uttaran Hor He takes those to their salvation"
    • https://gurbaninow.com/shabad/1451/17118
    • Ok so you didn't pass your test. But you can hardly blame God for that. Even though you put in a lot of work, I understand that, but maybe it wasn't enough, otherwise you would have passed right?  This is the thing, we tend to do paat to receive something. I'm not saying don't ask Waheguru for anything, because they are the only one that will bless and even I do ardas to them for help at times. But what I'm saying is, if you didn't receive what you wished for, don't be upset with Waheguru too much with the result, maybe there's a diversion coming in your life or it wasn't that you were to pass it because of something else or another opportunity. This time of sadness will pass too, it's normal to feel this way. I read somewhere once, God gives us what we need, not what we desire. I'm still trying to think of how this relates to my life too.  What's done is done now and it can't be reversed. Now you have to think what to do next, what are your other options. But first you should relax take a break and not keep dwelling on what's happened. Think positive that something good is in store in the future. I know this sounds weird, but one hasn't seen their future, you shouldn't predict your present on your future.   
    • Thank you everybody, but I still feel sad, not because I didn't get what I wanted but I feel sad with mahraj ji. what I wanted was to pass a test that ive been trying so hard for, I have done path too especially dedicated to this and ardas and on the day I even took a cyber hukamnama and it was really positive cant remember it exactly, it was something like waheguru ji gives you what you wish for (I just read the translations).... and today I was awake at amrit vela but I didn't get up to do my nitnem I stayed in bed and did simran, I just wanted to show mahraj ji that I am upset with him a little bit, just as I would do to show my mum ...... I don't know if gods feeling anything  or just doesn't care lol
    • there is a lot of iron in dal and beans especially BLACK BEANS   if you want to learn indian cooking  watch Sanjay on VAHREHVAH.COM   ...food always turns out great and he is a bit enthuastic . Recommend watching the following channels to get more info : mic.the Vegan (gives the science papers) John McDougall (Doctor - starch solution) Vegsource (all the plant based docs and info) Vegan style cooking (aussie lady showing various dishes )   Interesting for health topics : Diverse Health Services Dr John Bergman