Emotional journey of an ex-army Black American into Sikhi

33 minutes ago, Preeet said:

The thing is, art does not sweat or make impurities. Our bodies do sweat, and also go to the bathroom (so our bodies can never be pavitra because of sweat etc, thus keeping sikh tattoos would be not good and incomparable to art). I don't see anything wrong with people matha teking to gurbani ji. Curious, do you own any Sikh art?

only lazer reproduction of Guru Gobind Singh ji handwritten Mul Mantar  ... 

I suppose book covers are included so then Dasam Granth Q & A has a tasveer made on it but I cover it with ramala when reading so do not see it 

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, Preeet said:

Of course, but they worship Guru ji's image, you know, the ones that even Sikhs keep in their homes? & it's a Punjabi mandir, not a sindhi one. Even all the writing is in gurmukhi rather than hindi. 

I'm not exactly anti-pictures like most Gursikhs are, (bless me to be like them), but there are 2 types of pictures. One is the worshipping type, which shouldn't be made and the 2nd is the historical type which is fine.

An example of the first one: images.jpg.196ebdef1722ee71119bfd6c51f190f9.jpg

An example of the second one: severedheadofteghbahadur.jpg.2b3333b3ea14cc6c50a2464a99af6c48.jpg

Guru Nanak Dev ji rejected idol worship themselves. There are pangtis in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji where Guruji tells us this. 

Pictures only become worship when one one treats them as idol worship. Have you ever seen a statue of any of the Gurus in a Gurdwara? No, right, that's because it's anti-gurmat to worship stone statues, as Guruji tells us this. 

When Sikhs bow to Guruji, it's not idol worship, but they are bowing in respect to the word of God, the shabad, which is same as bowing to God, which is totally different to what idol worship of Hindus is. There is no comparison. 

12 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Guru Nanak Dev ji rejected idol worship themselves. There are pangtis in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji where Guruji tells us this. 

Pictures only become worship when one one treats them as idol worship. Have you ever seen a statue of any of the Gurus in a Gurdwara? No, right, that's because it's anti-gurmat to worship stone statues, as Guruji tells us this. 

When Sikhs bow to Guruji, it's not idol worship, but they are bowing in respect to the word of God, the shabad, which is same as bowing to God, which is totally different to what idol worship of Hindus is. There is no comparison. 

matha tekna is humbling our chanchal low intellect in front of the unalienable hukham and gian of Guru Sahiban

7 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

matha tekna is humbling our chanchal low intellect in front of the unalienable hukham and gian of Guru Sahiban

Exactly. 

“Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the embodiment of the attributes of Ever Existent Supreme Being. Worshipping Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is same as paying homage to The Supreme Being.” 

~ Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji 

Penji have you read this book ?

"Is Worshipping Guru Granth Sahib ji Akin to Idol Worship?"

Sorry can't get the font to go smaller  

10 hours ago, simran345 said:

Exactly. 

“Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the embodiment of the attributes of Ever Existent Supreme Being. Worshipping Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is same as paying homage to The Supreme Being.” 

~ Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji 

Penji have you read this book ?

"Is Worshipping Guru Granth Sahib ji Akin to Idol Worship?"

Sorry can't get the font to go smaller  

No but I have always had that sentiment from when I was a child ...it's on my to read list I've read Jail chittian three times .Due for another re-read this time with bholi bhene Isher Kaur

The other sentiment is putting the doord of the sant jan on my mastak 

8 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

No but I have always had that sentiment from when I was a child ...it's on my to read list I've read Jail chittian three times .Due for another re-read this time with bholi bhene Isher Kaur

The other sentiment is putting the doord of the sant jan on my mastak 

The book's really good, its online in English and Punjabi but I recommend the Punjabi as the translations dont do the full justice of BHai Sahib's wisdom.

3 hours ago, Kira said:

The book's really good, its online in English and Punjabi but I recommend the Punjabi as the translations dont do the full justice of BHai Sahib's wisdom.

agreed Bhai sahib's words can be terse but they strike home in their directness , I have been downloading pdf s to read on my kindle ...would recommend this way of building up a personal sikh library to dip into , when a lull occurs in your day .

On 11/03/2017 at 9:32 PM, jkvlondon said:

I wonder how many Punjabi and of course Hindu (why do they get a say?) bigots have posted negative comments about black not being able to become Singhs . 

I'm so happy for them ...

I noticed alot of haters which include punjabi Christians. black Christians, south asian muslims and off course punjabi hindu's really hate it when blacks or whites convert to sikhi. Alot of these scumbags always leave negative comments on these kinda videos out of pure jealously and hatred for non-punjabis/non-indians embracing Sikhi.

But for us in Sikhi its great to see different people from different races and walks of lifes hearing the Guru's message and giving their life to sikhi and reconnecting their soul to Waheguru.