Apnay going to Churches

19 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

even the jews weren't following their original doxa , he was just trying to bring them back to the path because like hindus they had gone awry with treatises on magic , superstition, mistreatment of women etc... surprisingly or not I see a lot of parallels with vedas /idol worship/lack of worship of the nirgun saroop of akal Purakh  appeaaring in sanathan dharma and judaism similar prejudical attitude to women in spiritual matters despite the large number of dharmic women in their history , the reappearence of magical tantra mantra after being driven out by Moses 

I personally believe that the rise of Christianity, in the Roman psyche, crystallized modern day Christianity we know today.

Just now, 13Mirch said:

I personally believe that the rise of Christianity, in the Roman psyche, crystallized modern day Christianity we know today.

the roman catholic church is a corruption of the christianity that the apostles were taught, remember they killed and hunted down all the early christians. The eastern ortodox and greek orthodox is closer to the message and they reject the idea of Pope , confession, buying way out of hell by donating to church (similar to muslim attitude to war booty at time of Guru Nanak Dev ji , i.e purify by donating part) , that naam should not be taken , The women are the downfall of man .

RC lead to empires and tributes made without war to Rome .

Guest Jacfsing2
3 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

the roman catholic church is a corruption of the christianity that the apostles were taught, remember they killed and hunted down all the early christians. The eastern ortodox and greek orthodox is closer to the message and they reject the idea of Pope , confession, buying way out of hell by donating to church (similar to muslim attitude to war booty at time of Guru Nanak Dev ji , i.e purify by donating part) , that naam should not be taken , The women are the downfall of man .

RC lead to empires and tributes made without war to Rome .

Jesus himself was made as a way to prevent revolution in Rome. They also wanted to divide the Jews over the Messiah issue so they made their own messiah.

5 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Jesus himself was made as a way to prevent revolution in Rome. They also wanted to divide the Jews over the Messiah issue so they made their own messiah.

Rome was on the wane and the emperor Constantine was a smart cookie to latch onto this new strange cult...which had people not scared to die i.e. heroic and yet such a small manipuable doctrine .

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

Meri kahi gall gode gitte lagegi tuhaade , 

but I will say it .

Our folks are going to get astrayed from this wonderful philosophical gem path of sikhi because we failed to make gurudwaras a center of preaching and explaining sikhi to masses.

Every sunday its the same drama , a little bit of kirtan (which no one truly listens but waiting for bhog so they can go to downstairs and munch on naashta or langar) . 

If we're going to make our gurughars more like social hangout clubs or only marriage centers, then tell me how are we going to go ahead ?

For some years now, christian preacher in punjabi doordarshan comes daily every night (peak watching hour) to preach christianity with sikhi words like 'satguru yesu maseeh' . Isn't this govt sponsored demography change in punjab ?

I think they have something like langars and this paid preacher also plays on words "We don't follow christianity. we have to follow jesus" . Whats the difference ? its to prevent people from being alert that they're being converted ! 

Secondly , 

being a student of comparitive religion, I can assure you christianity has no weight of its own ! little substance it has .

Christians do NOT have their bible in original language (aramaic) in which it was written . Bible has been edited several times.

Christianity is to Sikhi (or even ancient vedantic wisdom)  what a mug of water is to ocean ! 

Christianity is no match to wisdom of ancient rishis of india and guru sahibs ! 

The jackal is attacking the lion (sikh) . Indeed its kaljug man 

bhul chuk maaf

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
4 minutes ago, 5akaalsingh said:

A Correction: The Bible was written in "koine" Greek and not in Aramaic

whatever , SGGS was written in gurmukhi . Its still same , word by word as it was 500 yrs ago ! 

Vedas and Upanishads were transmitted orally in ancient days and later only written down. They're thousands of years old and probably edited in between.

Quran also was written after prophet died and a leaf of it was eaten by goat. Some even say caliph uthman burned original quran copies and published his own . Thats why quran today is known as 'uthmani quran' . Perhaps he injected his own manmat in it .

Anyways point is , we're such a new religion with authentic scripture. But we made SGGS an idol too . I hope you getting my point bro . 

Thats why maskeen ji said "Sikhs didn't understood their own religion , let alone preaching to others".

BTW , this thread like many others won't see any implementation in real life out there either I guess .

sorry if I sound rude 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
17 hours ago, 5akaalsingh said:

Indeed. But every religion has portions of the truth, except of Sikhism which is absolute truth.

well said but we also don't truly understand it 

1 hour ago, 5akaalsingh said:

The Patriarch wasn't just like the Pope. The Patriarch of Constantinople had to compromise with the other Patriarchs of Jerusalem, Antioch, Alexandria and the Emperor of the Byzantine polity. 

exactly they consider the head of their church God and they have a council of elders (patriarchs)   to make decisions and issue letters such as the one to the Pope telling him to renounce his blasphemy and to return to the apostolic teachings .

http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/epistle-to-pope-francis.pdf

1 hour ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

I agree it was more fluid. My point was try to talk about fluidity,  the eastern Christian Church patriarch didn't necessarily differ supremacy to the Roman Christian pope

rome was an apostlistic throne amongst others  and there was a patriarch for each (like jathedar) there but obviously this post has been corrupted and changed into something much more sinister and all encompassing.